[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do I leave my shit ass rural town for a big city?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1956.jpg (766KB, 990x663px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1956.jpg
766KB, 990x663px
How the fuck do I leave my shit ass rural town for a big city? Holy fuck this place fucking sucks so bad I'd rather live in the ghetto

>redneck ass dogs barking 24/7
>everyone knows and hates each other
>catch the neighbors walking through my yard all the time for no fucking reason
>no one here has any consideration for anyone but other rednecks
>literally everyone here is a redneck or a fat chick
>the people at the store know my entire life
>everyone knows who your parents are and your whole life story
>people here go out of their way to spy on you even though they know everything about you
>everyone here tries to steal your shit and step on you
>everything is 20-40 miles away with a bus that comes once a day
>only jobs are tree cutting and prison guard
>I can walk around for hours and not see a single person
>there's literally not one person my age
>rednecks mowing lawns 24/7
>nothing to do but smoke cigarettes and eat
>flies invade your house by the hundreds and just land on your face while you try to sleep

I want out!!!! I just wanna pack my shit up and never look back
>>
>>17669455
Go for it, dude. I left my small town 15 years ago for the big city and did well for myself. That said, a lot of what you're bitching about is people being people. You'll find more of them in a less rural area so be prepared for more bullshit. In fact, even if not fulfilling I often find myself missing the simplicity of rural life.
>>
>>17669466
How though everyone just tells me the city is expensive as fuck and you can't even live there without being rich
>>
>>17669487
It definitely can be expensive.
spend some time on craigslist or something trying to find a room, get an idea of the cost of living.
find a job
>>
>>17669487
moving to a city without a job or a support network is very hard, but obviously not impossible since people do it.

You can't really make a go at it without a job or money though, realistically you'll need to have atleast $5000 saved up and a place to stay. Then when you get there you hit the streets hard looking for a job.

Consider however an alternate path to get out of your shitty rural town, joining the military. It might seem a bit drastic but (assuming you're american) once you do your 4 years and get out you'll have a good amount of money saved up so you can go wherever you want, and the government will pay for you to go to college. Not a bad deal overall.
>>
>>17669803
This is what I did, OP. When I came home I had life experience and enough money to take a risk and go wherever O wanted.
>>
>>17669822
I'm never going to have 5000 dollars and a place to stay
>>
>>17669875
I just stayed in an extended stay hotel and charged a bunch of stuff to my credit card for the first couple months. Once I got a job, I paid off the debt.
>>
>>17669882
How the fuck do I do that
>>
>>17669890
Listen anon, if you want to change your life it is not hard, but it will take some work. Start applying to jobs saying you are moving. I am a hiring manager and have interviewed and hired people over Skype for jobs. If you don't have a credit card then get one, but be smart with it. Be prepared to suffer and struggle for a few years until your work starts to pay off. Just come up with a plan and make it happen.
>>
>>17669903
Can you get a credit card without having an income? Does that job shit really work i thought that was only for higher up positions
>>
>>17669934
Just interviewed someone for an entry level position through Skype a few weeks ago.
>>
>>17669936
May I ask what would convince you to pick someone far away, having to work around their moving date, having them move back possibly if it doesn't work out, and going through all the trouble to Skype call and stuff like that instead of hiring locally?
>>
>>17669940
If they are motivated to do all that and their personality further proved this, they'll probably be a hard changer at work, as well. After all, you need true job so it behooves you to do well. I look for people who come across as competitive, confident, and motivated in interviews.
>>
>>17669455
cities suck, rural is much better. Sounds like you just live in a shitty area (let me guess the south eastern US).

Try some place out west.
>>
>tfw moving from a big city to a rural town tomorrow

What should I expect? I'm optimistic and think it'll be fun.
>>
grass is always greener anon

let's look at some of things you get living in a city

-traffic makes you want to jump off a bridge
-there are an insane amount of stupid laws and bylaws you have to follow (i.e. ridiculous parking laws)
-people are assholes and don't care about you at all
-it's a fucking ruthless rat race
-constant noise from people blasting shitty music, having shitty neighbours
-CONSTRUCTION! god the fucking construction is brutal. it's non-stop, it's noisy, it fucks up your commute, etc.
-taxes. taxes in cities are insane. property tax is the big one, but there are others.
-the municipal services you pay for are usually shit. public transit is shit. the roads are shit.

I could keep going.
>>
>>17670092
Op here it's not AS bad if you're an outsider since you have a fresh start with all the yokels but you'll learn to all hate each other soon enough

Pretty much trucks everywhere, roads torn to shit, cops ignoring every legitimate complaint but harassing you, rookie cops doing anything to pull over and search your car, gunshots going off in your backyard, neighbors talking about your personal life, getting to know your neighbors better than your friends, one mistake following you non stop, tons of autismo people playing video games and avoiding sunlight all day, people thinking that heaven is just beer and a fishing pole, no one near you will have ever been from a major city (I.e stupid) the stupidnkind of white people, bad internet, no entertainment, sports, bars, or concerts, every time you meet someone you find out it's your friends cousin or friends ex or friends dad's ex cousin, broken down old houses filled with mold, a fuck load of cow shit everywhere, loud rowdy neighbors, driving 8 hours to go to anything, cheap beer and fires, everything is overpriced if there's no competitive stores around, hard as fuck work for almost no money, everyone here works harder than a beaner, dogs and lawn mowers going off every fucking day, roosters cawing, no beach, randomly smelling cow shit for hours when they fertilize the fields, driving in total darkness surrounded by fields and trees, hopeless drug addicts, cheap shitty knock off drugs, people trying to get high off stuff with no recreational value, running into boss and employers at the grocery store, knowing everybody and everything about them, seeing the same 6 people every day, everyone's a simpleton farmer, everyone is a degenerate, for some reason tons of wiggers, cows ducks chickens horses, FAT girls, the people working at the store know your name and entire life, if you have a grudge with someone expect to see them every other day, walking around nothingness, inconsiderate neighbors
>>
>>17669455
This made me laugh, sorry , but thanks you haha
>>
>>17670158
Every bar plays nothing but folk music and bluegrass, if you have any urban interest you're automatically seen as outsider and hated for it, if you don't fish and hunt you are fucked it's the only to do and people hate you for it, people who dress nice and try to be distuingished are hated (every boss type person I've seen is incredibly lonely they just work and sleep) that brings me to another point you're going to be extremely lonely, there's no girls whatsoever and the guys are all stupid and shitty, you can't make friends based on your interest or personality you just have to try and get along with whoever you're trapped with, yes you're literally trapped so adopt the prison mentality everyone else already has it, bugs. Lots of fucking bugs everywhere, shitty weather, driving down the same road every day, shopping at the same store every day, you're lucky if you have a park or something and even that's empty all the tim and the kids just destroy the shit because they're bored as fuck, expect the low income personality on every single person but way worse because they're bored and miserable all the time, the only good looking girls you'll see is on tv, there's no good resteraunts or food, everything is expensive as fuck despite what everyone says, your neighbors animals will shit and piss all over your lawn if you have them, you'll meet so many people in baseball caps and beards you'll think they're all clones, every person is poor fat and stupid, you'll spend days on end sitting in one room of your house, your pets become you're only friends, you'll hate everyone you meet but have no choice but to see them constantly, you can't meet new people no matter what, everyone here lives in a different standard than the rest of h world and its shit
>>
>>17670084
Plenty of shit areas everwhere and not just in the SE part (how stereotypical by the way)
>>
let's look at some of things you get living in a city

-traffic makes you want to jump off a bridge
>yes because traffic is worse than driving for hours
-there are an insane amount of stupid laws and bylaws you have to follow (i.e. ridiculous parking laws)
>the laws are the same here and the rednecks get to ignore them and you don't
-people are assholes and don't care about you at all
>exactly the same here wait no actually everyone hates me here
-it's a fucking ruthless rat race
-constant noise from people blasting shitty music, having shitty neighbours
>well holeeee shit people doing things?!?! Tarnation
-CONSTRUCTION! god the fucking construction is brutal. it's non-stop, it's noisy, it fucks up your commute, etc.
>wow the people there actually build stuff and fix the roads? Poor you
-taxes. taxes in cities are insane. property tax is the big one, but there are others.
>I live in nys so don't even try to talk about taxes
-the municipal services you pay for are usually shit. public transit is shit. the roads are shit.
>you actually have those? Wow what's it's like?

I could keep going.
>>
Tree cutting& prison guards? Are you in central Wisconsin or the UP of Michigan?
>>
>>17670197
>>17670121

This. I live in a big city and confirm all of this is true. OP thinks life in rural towns are bad, but it's far worse in the city. You'll have to deal with a lot more problems and lose a lot of your freedom. If it weren't for the lack of jobs, I would move to living in a rural area.
>>
The moral of the story here is to find a moderately sized city.. say between 80k-150k people. You will avoid the trappings of a hick rural town and the suffocating nonsense of a big city.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.