[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

need advice guys >min wage job >don't work every day

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: humble monthly.png (42KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
humble monthly.png
42KB, 400x400px
need advice guys
>min wage job
>don't work every day
should i waste money on humble monthly?, thought on buying the 3 month subscription but i might get fucked over in the next 2 months, should i just get 1 month?
stardew valley is pretty good in my opinion so if im gonna buy this monthly why not save a bit money
whats your opinion
>>
No. Stop buying games or gaming if you don't have money
>>
>>17668823
I do have money,
i don't own a house, i live with my mother
i am 18, this job isn't keeping me financially stable
i don't like wasting money on stuff that arent worth it, after all , i earned it the hard way
>>
>>17668839
>this job isn't keeping me financially stable
>i don't like wasting money on stuff that arent worth it

and theres your answer
>>
>>17668782
What is your job?
Are you single?
I suggest spending that money with your family
>>
>Works minimum wage
>Not every day
>Knows it's a waste of money but wants to anyway
>On a subscription service for a random selection of games

It's like everything else in your life, a list of poor choices. Get a real job and rent your own place and join society
>>
>>17668859
I work at a gas station
8 hours a day, it drains all your energy, you cant do this 7 days a week otherwise i would, i give almost the entire paycheck to my mom, i do however like keeping aside like 60 bucks for me, for whatever i need it for, i make about 1200$ a month, more or less depending how well i did and how many days i worked
>>
>>17668860
Israel, 18, cant get any better of a job as i am recruiting to the army soon, all i want to do is work and support my family, not help this shithole of an army and country, i asked if its worth it as it can be a waste at times, i asked for your opinion since sometimes there are really good bundles
>>
bought the humble monthly, went for the 1 month plan as the discount rate is ridiculously small, i already wanted stardew valley so 3$ off that is already pretty decent by itself, the other games are a bonus, plus the 10% off the humble store
>>
>>17668868
Got a mate in Tel'Aviv, I can empathise, you have a fucked up country.

Also I was being a douche in the last post and assuming things, I'm not sure why.

Buy the games you like from a cheap key site like g2a or kinguin instead since those are mostly from humble bundle etc anyway.

If you do buy the monthly, sell your leftovers on there.
>>
>>17668877
yeah man, i can always trade em up aswell, you don't know how much i hate my country, all i want to do is live a normal life with my family and help with the debts, instead they force me to be their slave for a mere 200$ a month instead of what i usually make at a min wage job, i could easily get a much better job if it wasn't for those fucks, thanks for the advice man
>>
>>17668884
On the job front: make your own.

I'm a lot older and more experienced but I liked coding as a kid and from 15-19 I made a website which paid for my lifestyle just by learning to code.
Now-a-days you can sell pretty much anything online indirectly, or digital products, or any number of services, or make a good living for an expensive country, nevermind one where wages are lower.

After you're through with the army, look into creating your own job and income.
>>
>>17668903
>ll pretty much anything online indirectly, or digital products, or any number of services, or make a good living for an expensive country, nevermind one where wages are lower.
>
>After you're through with the army, look into creating your own job and income.
man i really wanted to learn coding, i would've taken a course if there were any here, about the army, i thought about just notifying them about not going and letting them put me in jail, the best they will do is a month, then they will stop bothering, about the job i thought about being a computer technician, i heard they make good cash, all of this is in my head though, i don't know how well any of this will even go, thanks for the advice anyway senpai, i appreciate it
>>
>>17668906
>man i really wanted to learn coding, i would've taken a course if there were any here
Never study IT formally. Education is almost worthless to companies, especially the well paying ones. Teach yourself and create things while you do it, you'll learn far faster, far better and far more towards selling/making product & service.

Also army jails are a fucking nightmare, even for just a month, but it's an option, friend I know went AWOL and spent a couple weeks in one then got out. This is the UK though, I don't know how lenient israeli MP are.

No worries.
>>
>>17668921
Also to quantify, the reason degrees and education in IT is so worthless is because it changes so rapidly. In the time it will take you to do a 3 year programming or computer science degree, the technologies and platforms will have changed and moved on considerably and IT companies are typically at the forefront of the curve.

Teach yourself, it's cheaper and faster and if you can demonstrate things you've built/made, better for getting hired.
>>
>>17668921
I doubt they will put me in these types of jail, the best they would do is a normal one, which is just sitting there mostly, doing nothing with the ability of going out for 1 hour a day, the thing is, i have a few girl-friends, they literally went to the first meeting, cried and immediatly were given a "get out of the army" card, however when it involves being a male, you need to go to a psychiatrist and have good reasons

also i tried learning several languages, including lua which is supposed to be pretty easy to learn, but i keep trying and quit at the end, i thought maybe a course would keep it all in my head, guess i just don't have the brain for that sort of stuff, ill try again in a year or so
>>
>>17668950
out meaning to a yard confined to the jail, not actual "out"
>>
>>17668864
You look like a good son, probably you should lurk in /biz/ if you want to learn about investments , cheers
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.