[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I see the same questions with different phrasing several times

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 9

File: PRI-bluePrint.jpg (791KB, 1696x970px) Image search: [Google]
PRI-bluePrint.jpg
791KB, 1696x970px
I see the same questions with different phrasing several times per day on /adv/, /b/ and other boards. They're always due to the same skewed perceptions. Here are my blueprints to fix most of the questions I see on here every day, and my top tips each. Everything here is stuff I've done or changed and become successful with myself.

>Blueprint for losing weight
At it's simplest, this boils down to eating less calories than you spend over time.
You can calculate within a few % of margin of error exactly how much weight you will lose over exactly how much time if you record everything you eat and do and stick to your target daily intake.

1. Count your calories- Without counting your calories you have no benchmark and can't set sensible targets. You can do this intensely for a week til you build up a picture of the amount of calories in most of the foods you eat, then benchmark once a week from then on. A good method is taking a photo of everything before you eat it on your phone then recording cals of everything at the end of the day.
2. Don't drink calories. There's no reason to, don't do it. Milk in coffee is an exception because it's a few calories at most, otherwise don't.
3. Eat more, not less. Studies have shown just how difficult it is for humans to change habits, in fact we fail at it 97% of the time. But we find it fairly easy to change existing habits, so cutting out food X is hard but changing food X to food Y is easy. Eat the same amount or more, but eat less calories, and you'll lose weight. This invariably means replacing processed foods with home made and eating far more vegetables. If in doubt, replace it with veg.
4. Prioritise consistency. If you're having trouble sticking to your weight loss regime, find ways to make it easier. Slow steady progress is usually best because it's incredibly difficult to cut your daily calories by more than 30%. Slow progress is fine, you're changing your human form and your life after all.
>>
File: Joy_Oil_gas_station_blueprints.jpg (600KB, 1500x932px) Image search: [Google]
Joy_Oil_gas_station_blueprints.jpg
600KB, 1500x932px
>Blueprint for eating healthy
This is a simple one but I'm pretty much cheating because I just read a lot of stuff online and based my diet on a single page. That said, it took me a while of trying different diets and doing weird shit before I realized the famous but cliche quote of “Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.”

I now realize that that is literally all you need to do, but here's some info I found out along the way.

>Meat is not bad, neither is being a vegan
4chan is full of extremes and everyone likes to defend their edgy teenage extreme viewpoint, but the truth is that a diet high in meat and with almost zero meat CAN be healthy, if you're very careful.
The biggest problems with meat are that they're high in saturated fat which is known to increase arterial plaque, cholesterol, and in turn heart disease etc. Ketofags will argue the evidence for this to death, but it's been around and still growing for 60+ years, it's safe to say the WHO and NHS recommendations of less than 90g red meat per day is sensible.
That said, oily fish are one of the healthiest things you can eat because they're high in omega 3 and other healthy fats, iron, iodine, bioavailable calcium, and plenty more. Learn to love Mackerel, Sardines, Salmon and Herring in particular.

>Food X is not unhealthy
Sugar, Alcohol, Saturated Fat etc, aren't unhealthy, they're unhealthy in large quantities. This is an important distinction because people changing their diets are particularly prone to doing batshit things like 100% cutting out foods etc.

>Cut out 95% of processed foods
This is the only thing I tend to agree with cutting out nearly completely. Not only are they expensive but they taste like shit (you just like the salt, MSG and sugar in McDonalds, trust me) and are really bad for you. It takes 5 minutes with youtube to learn how to make your own versions of processed foods and fast foods these days, and you can make them as healthy as you like, learn skills and save cash. Do it.
>>
File: Vendiagram.gif (180KB, 1438x938px) Image search: [Google]
Vendiagram.gif
180KB, 1438x938px
>>17668468
>Cheat page
This is the cheat page I used to fix my diet. WHFoods is run by a weird commie looking guy but all the information is sourced and the studies are linked. Every food has nutrition info and food sources in order. It's a wicked site.

http://www.whfoods.com/foodstoc.php

If you eat 50% of the foods on that last every month and change it up every now and then, you'll be healthy for the rest of your life. They're almost all cheap and available everywhere too.
>>
File: o-MEDITATION-facebook.jpg (290KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-MEDITATION-facebook.jpg
290KB, 2000x1000px
>Blueprint for beating depression
This is the most common thing I see people complain about and question here and it's one of the simplest to fix and most life changing. Depression is like obesity: it's almost exclusively the result of shitty lifestyle. There are some rare exceptions like depression as a result of traumatic experience, PTSD, etc, but for everyone on 4chan it's a result of prolonged shitty lifestyle and/or inactivity. Here's the non bullshit recipe for no depression from someone who fixed himself:

>Regular sunshine
>Regular exercise
>Regular social interaction with peers
>Regular altruism
>Good diet
>Good sleep

If you're depressed for longer than a month and haven't experienced any recent traumatic experiences then you're lacking in one or more of those areas.

Sunshine, exercise, social interaction and diet are or will be listed in this thread or obvious, sleep is the only one I can't give a blueprint for because I still fuck it up, but I'll potentially write some tips on stuff that's worked for me so far.

Some other tips:

>Meditation
This is cliche and most people pass it off as pointless but it takes as little as 15 minutes per day and is one of the best treatments for depression we know of, second only to exercise. It helps you stay calm and focused throughout the day and stops you from reacting like a little bitch every time something annoys you.

Youtube and google can give far better info than I can in this thread, but if you're starting out set a target for 30 days of meditation at 15 minutes per day and mark an X on your calendar for every day you do it. Any time you miss one you'll feel like a cock and this will help keep you accountable.

>Altruism
Unless you're diagnosed with sociopathy, acts of altruism result in one of the single biggest dopamine releasing rewards your brain can give you. Don't just go out and give all your money to a homeless person, but look for opportunities and circumstances in life where you can genuinely..
>>
>>17668486
..help people for the sake of helping them, that means no sending presents to that girl you like because you want to get down her pants. Do it for the sake of doing it and making someone happy or helping them.
>>
P.S. Call me out on any bullshit, ask questions or ask for anything
>>
>Blueprint for everything
Chaos majick

All hail Giga Puddi
>>
File: image.jpg (103KB, 500x699px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103KB, 500x699px
>>17668491
Good thread. Go on.
>>
>>17668446
MODS STICKY THIS SHIT.
>>
>Blueprint for social interaction & getting a girl/guy
Most people have friends early in life and slowly lose them due to lack of maintenance or don't form new friendships and become isolated over time. For others, it starts early. Either way it boils down to some very simple principles: interacting with people in casual/social settings and being interesting will form you friendships over time. Relationships are just an extension of friendship, so most of this applies to getting a girl/guy as well.

>Have and attend Hobbies & Interests
Having hobby groups like a Photography workshop or group, origami, art or music of any kind, etc is fantastic for a number of reasons:

>You're learning and improving skills and talent
>You're creating things of value which you can later sell or use to make cash
>You're meeting new people with similar interests
>You're creating something you can talk about to strangers
>You can start any time and not feel stupid or anxious about being new

The lack of barrier to entry, coupled with the plethora of regular interactions with similar people means you're pretty much guaranteed to form friendships

>Learn to be vulnerable
This is a hard one for most guys because we're traditionally not in touch with our emotions, or like to hide them. But studies show that the most socially successful people (actors, celebrities, politicians and several other groups) are all at ease with being vulnerable and revealing potentially damaging information about themselves. What this means is communicating about how you feel with others. Girls are a lot better at it and it takes a particular time and place for guys, but it's the same deal and helps friends build deeper empathy and understanding with you.
>>
It's probably worth mentioning, but perspective is something that is very important. We tend to think remarkably short-term about our problems or things we want to change. Building a house or learning a language may seem very complex, but in reality languages are learnt piece-by-piece and buildings are built one brick at a time. Walking 10 kilometres may seem like a long distance (for some), but it's really just one step at a time.

It's important to realise this with anything relating to yourself. Often many people on this board state huge problems and want a large amount of changes. It's very important to break things down into smaller, more manageable chunks. People arrive saying how they've felt depressed for years and nothing works- alongside the defeatist mindset, the idea that eating a healthy meal or going for a walk will help seems stupid.

A large part of most problems is not dealing with them over a period of time; depression is often caused by learning and continuing rather bad thoughts over years and years. In a similar way, you have to build your 'new' thoughts over a long period of time. It takes a lot of time, and a lot of small changes, but they add up.

More simply put; imagine you want to learn a language. Now, if you study for 15 minutes a day, in 10 years you'll have a reasonable knowledge of that language. If you don't study at all, in ten years you'll be the same level as you are now.
>>
File: blueprints-at-postnet_0.jpg (47KB, 768x512px) Image search: [Google]
blueprints-at-postnet_0.jpg
47KB, 768x512px
>He/She doesn't like me
There are 2 common failure points for starting relationships
1. You're shit at interaction.
People respond to you based on how you respond to them, it's basic shit, but you still get depressed and antagonistic people on 4chan who think the other person is to blame for their rejection when asking a girl out.
Be honest, be simple, be direct, be positive and be confident.

As with most conversations you should: Know why you're talking to someone, what you expect to get out of it (getting a relationship is not a realistic expectation from a question, finding out if someone would be interested in a relationship is, you can then move forward from there), and know roughly how you'll proceed after being rejected or accepted. ALWAYS get feedback, this will help you interact better in the future. Yes, this is a strategic and autistic/analytical way of interacting with people at first, but it's very natural when you know what you're doing. Sales people are exceptionally good at it and tend to get laid a lot more than the general populace as a result.

2. You're uninteresting or not valuable
This is the most common answer. I'll see young males on 4chan who live at home or work shitty jobs and play video games in their spare time wondering why girls aren't interested in them.
It's obvious, girls tend to be pursued so don't have the problem as much, so they can be selective. Someone who is uninteresting to interact with or talk/learn about isn't top of the selection, simple as.
Develop skills, set long term goals, form hobbies and interests, learn to lead people in social situations, learn to talk to an audience and communicate well, read a lot and be studied, etc. These will all help you interact with people, and thus girls, better while making you a genuinely interesting, useful human being.
>>
You're doing great OP, continue.
Also, have you thought about making a single PDF of these ?
There should be a freaking wiki like this.
>>
>>17668655
OP here. Agreed 100% Learning to quantify price was a biggie for me:

>This bed is £1500? Expensive.
>This bed lasts 30 years so costs £50/year or £0.13/use and provides better sleep and features than the others? Bargain.

Also learning to focus/work on a goal for a time period rather than an outcome was a biggie:

Instead of trying to get that article written by the end of the day, I'll try to write that article for 1 hour today. That way if it takes less than an hour to write, I'm working towards a goal I will accomplish regardless. No self-imposed pressure.

The issue is that slow, steady and cliche solutions don't sound good on a blog post or 4chan thread, so people look for magic pills and radical change/solution. At the end of the day most things are a product of how much time and energy you put into them, simple as.
>>
>>17668446
>ATTENTION: OP IS A RETARD AND DOESN'T UNDERSTAND HEALTH.

>THE TRUE BLUEPRINT FOR LOSING WEIGHT IS: NO SUGAR, NO CARBS, HIGH FAT MEAT, AND EXERCISE.

>CUTTING CALORIES "WORKS" BUT IT DOES NOT GIVE YOU LONG-TERM HEALTH AND FITNESS.

>NO SUGAR. NO PROCESSED FOODS. NO CARBOHYDRATES. MEAT, VEGETABLES, AN OCCASSIONAL FRUIT.
>>
>>
>>17668664
Appreciate the thumbs up. I'm just writing on the fly things that I've done and changed successfully in my life, good to know it's mostly non-bullshit. Negative on the PDF.
>>
File: vintage-blueprint.jpg (179KB, 650x400px) Image search: [Google]
vintage-blueprint.jpg
179KB, 650x400px
Not really a blueprint but this is another one I see a lot
>I'm not motivated
Motivation is a legal term which was hi-jacked by the self help book industry to sell a concept: That you need X to accomplish your goals/targets. You don't. You don't need motivation to work. Motivation never stopped anyone from getting their day to day shit done. Self-help is sold on the idea of creating a barrier to entry when one typically doesn't exist.

There's also a big overlap with depression here, as many people feel mentally or physically lethargic as a result of shitty hormones, shitty lifestyle or a combination thereof. See the depression blueprint for fixing yourself first.

So the better question is
>How do I accomplish X?
The answer is to set a SMART goal and then work towards it. SMART is a list of criteria that comes from corporate management, but is still great shit. It typically stands for Specific, Measurable, Agreed Upon (not really relevant unless you're working as a group/team), Realistic and Time-Bound.

It's possible to go autistic and over analyse your problem and over complicate a plan (which, by the way, is a form of procrastination in itself) so generally you want one line for what you want to accomplish. Let's take

>Being fit
This isn't SMART, so Specifically, what do we mean? Work out what you actually want, being able to squat 100kg, deadlift 120kg and benchpress 80kg will give us all-round strength, and running for 3 miles in 30 minutes means we have a fit/good cardio system.
Instead of being fit we now have
>Deadlift 120kg, Squat 100kg, Bench 80kg, Run 3 miles in 30 min
We measure how long it'll take us to reach that assuming average results and where we are and ensure it's actually achievable. So with that info we now have
>Deadlift 120kg, Squat 100kg, Bench 80kg, Run 3 miles in 30min within 6 months (by July 2017)

We now have >Specific >Measurable >Realistic & >Time-Bound and can break it down into daily or weekly or whatever we want & get started.
>>
File: bluedown.jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
bluedown.jpg
10KB, 300x168px
Also to add to the last point, you're typically giving up because of procrastination (which I've learned a lot about from a website I'll dig up after this post) and pressure/emotional distress.

That is, you logically conclude that working toward your task will feel like shit and that you'd rather not do it, but you feel guilty so you create another small simple task for yourself instead or distract yourself to forget about it and move on.

Learning to separate how you feel from what you do is subtle but ultra important. Learning that you can suffer and be unhappy and not enjoy doing something, but STILL get it done is imperative. Also as we know, a task is almost always hardest and has the most resistance before we actually start it, and that getting to the gym (for example) feels like an arduous task, but once we're there we're instantly relieved and happy doing the work and putting in the effort.

tl;dr Feeling pressure/intense effort to do a thing is normal and mostly goes away after you start.

Here's that procrastination site I was talking about, this guy has a ton of great science backed info on why we procrastinate and how not to.

Meditation is again, a really simple part of the solution.

http://iprocrastinate.libsyn.com/
>>
>>17668659
>you're uninteresting or not valuable
>girls get pursued a lot and can be selective

Ok, that might apply if she works a great job, has a huge social life and does a variety of fun and interesting things. But the women working at the local supermarket, living with parents and not going to school who are kinda "average" looking sometimes think they're hot shit. So you gotta be careful telling guys they need to step up their game just to nail somebody already in his league, who think they are out of it because 10 other idiots are also pursuing her.
>>
>>17668873
Agreed, it needs to be clear that there's a number of times when someone simply wont want a relationship with you regardless of where you are in society and how together you are for a variety of different reasons ranging from they're a lesbian to religious conflict to them being a shitty person or having gone through a breakup etc and everything else.

I always forget people tend to see failure in absolutes on here.

Most of the people having problems with relationships are also young and inherently haven't experienced enough failure and breakups to know what they like and what girls like and value in them, so it muddies the waters, but those two baselines still hold true.
>>
>>17668659
>Be interesting
this this this. i used to be a kissless faggot wondering why girls didnt like me. and then i read a BUNCH and learned a shit ton to the point that i could hold a conversation on pretty much any subject and teach people about things. being a nerd is one thing, but being able to mix in your wealth of knowledge with engaging story telling and humor will get girls wet for you.
>>
>>17668925
Castiglione- The Book of the Courtier. Guy knew his shit. It takes a mix of knowledge and social skills to be an interesting person. Contrary to popular belief girls don't always go for the chad, and they don't go for the meek nerd either. They'd rather have some guy who can entertain.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.