[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you could go back in time and give yourself a piece of advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

If you could go back in time and give yourself a piece of advice at a key moment in your life. What would it be?

Also, a general life advice and story thread.
>>
Dump that bitch of a gf before she cheats on you
Don't join the military
Start lifting weights
Become an x-ray tech sooner
>>
>>17667777
I would go back to 2010-2011 in my hs times and say to myself:
"Tell to Ana Vitória that you love her, and live more intensively, pursuing good grades aren't everything, you don't have to always obey your parents, stay with her, don't move out of the city/state and leave her, you are just leaving yourself".

But I would say that in portuguse, because my english wasn't that good in those days.
>>
>>17667806
You are probably me in an alternate universe.
>>
Move out of my moms and into my dads. My childhood and upbringing with my mother was chaos and more of a 'friend' caring for me than a parent. It definitely had an affect on my overall personality for the worse.
>>
This is so subjective. I don't know the most important lesson I've learned that I can use here but I guess a good one is

"Its darker under the covers".
>>
File: (ME).gif (787KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
(ME).gif
787KB, 480x360px
>>17667815
Beautiful.
>>
When you feel like quitting, that's the point you have to push even harder.
>>
>>17667777

Go back to age 15 and tell myself that to get laid you have to be

>really nice
>really straight forward about your feelings
>really persistent
>really hygienic
>>
>>17667777
Try to get along with your dad. Neither of you know mom's pinning you against each other.
Don't jack off with shampoo. It burns. Always use conditioner if there's no lotion around.
Don't ask Girl1 out until after you got taller and got rid of that ugly acorn of a haircut on your head. And don't confess your feelings to her over Facebook Messenger
Make sure to kiss girl2 the first chance you get. Maybe that would have made her stay.
>>
>>17667818
What makes you say that?
>>
>>17667777
"Invest in bitcoin you fucking tool"
>>
>>17667815
Awful advice, you still think life is a fucking disney movie.
>>
I've been thinking about this constantly. I would go back 2 weeks and tell myself "get your fucking shit together, you don't know it but you're in a dangerous cycle. Don't lose the love of your life"

So many regrets
>>
I'll go back in time tell me to stay with my friends and go out with one of the jocks who were asking me and to never ever touch 4chan
>>
>>17669094
> ask dad what he thinks about investing in gold, he says it's a gamble
> gold doubles in price
> ask friend what he thinks about investing in bitcoin
> argues for hours about taking energy away from folding@home
> retarded argument but tired me of the idea
> bitcoin goes from pennies to £600 each

I need to tell my former self to trust my ideas, run with them, and be very sceptical about advice from others.
>>
>>17669176
"Don't stick your dick in crazy."
>>
One piece of advice I could give now is to try to get over your anxieties in a healthy manner, and realize they are mostly rooted in your own insecurities and not reality. The world doesn't revolve around you and the small things you do wrong don't really matter -- most people don't even notice them.

We're all our own worst critics and it can hold you back in more ways than you can expect. Time slows down for no man and if you want to do something, you should do it now instead of pushing it back until an indefinite time where you're more comfortable with it.

I am bipolar 2, high-functioning autistic, and have avoidant personality disorder. While my life pretty all right now I'm riddled with constant anxiety and over-analyzing even the smallest things. Things would have been much different if I had faced my anxieties when I was younger instead of running away.

Don't be afraid of adversity and don't let what you perceive as your shortcomings hold you back.

And don't drink as a way to escape your mind running on all cylinders trying to run you into the ground. It does more harm than good in the long run.
>>
>>17667777
nice quads

I would go back when I was in elementary school and slap all the candy and junk food out my hands and tell myself to lift weights and don't get fat.
>>
Do the first thing gut instinct tells you even if it's stupid as fuck.
>>
>>17667777
Quads of time travel.

I'd tell myself to study cs at school during undergrad while it would have been convenient. I'll be going back soon, but I could have been working this whole time.
>>
To not get involved with a certain group of people who ended up being batshit furries.
>>
File: 1475035443551.jpg (106KB, 700x501px) Image search: [Google]
1475035443551.jpg
106KB, 700x501px
>1. look up intermittent fasting it is the only thing that will work with you
>2. P, will come back to your life in a few years, do not fall for the girl that will remind you of her, concentrate all your effort on P

>3 i know the skeleton hoodie is the coolest shit right now, but you loow way better using open shirts over your t shirt
>4 Holy shit dude mega man made it into smash bros. Toriyama decided to continue dragon ball for real this time, and that cool remake of dragon quest 7 will get localized, yup the "never ever meme" is dead in the future
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.