[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

best friend randomly just stopped replying to me for almost a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: 1471163905166.jpg (100KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1471163905166.jpg
100KB, 600x900px
best friend randomly just stopped replying to me for almost a month now, im just so confused.... why would they do this without warning. i kept checking over my messages to see if i said something wrong but i didnt, they havent deleted or blocked me to my knowledge (i cant tell if sms is blocked however). i dont know what to do,
>>
This may not make you feel better but recently I kind of changed my life entirely and it involved leaving my previous friends behind. I didn't warn them or anything like that because, well honestly if you say it out loud friends are going to fight it, understandably. So I just did it, no warning, as you put it. The best thing to do, I'd say, is it find new friends, focus on your own life, and build it as if they aren't around. When someone does that to you they do not care for you the way you might think, and they may not be willing to say it. Live life your life, and try to be happy, if they come back they come back. But don't depend on it.
>>
>>17667366
but why not delete them? and also, the friend is question made plans to do stuff together. so im confused
>>
File: IMG_2106.gif (649KB, 960x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2106.gif
649KB, 960x576px
Damn, I was (and I guess still am) in your position recently. My two best friends did the same. What they did to you and to me is called "ghosting". Idk why you or I got ghosted. What I do know is that it fucking hurts
>>
I did that to my "best" friend because I got tired of his obnoxious behavior and extreme self-centerness.
>>
>>17667660
did you ever tell him about it and he didnt listen?
you didnt lie or mislead him before you did that right. and you deleted him i hope
>>
>>17667366
changed your life and what way? and did you ignore them when they tried to figure out where you went?
>>
>>17667743
I felt like I finally took back control of my life. It was the best decision I've ever made. I've advanced beyond the NEET lifestyle, but he's still stuck with his fantasy of making money online. He was a fucking ball and chain to me during the whole time I was with him. There was no point in remaining his friend. He knows I'm still around but not aware of how much my life had changed.
>>
>>17667760
i guess i cant compare then, cause my best friend liked me too, well for the first year or so then idk
>>
>>17667632
I didn't delete them,I had sort of a life crisis come on and the whole time my "best friends" literally did nothing to help me. So when I changed my life I just started to neglect them, they didn't think anything of it because I was a recluse, but honestly they never asked after it became obviously more permanent.

>>17667743
I just had a life crisis that caused me to just kind of change everything I could, and they honestly never tried to figure out why, I've kind of been reclusive before, but this time it's been so long it's obvious I'm not coming back. One was really emotional about it. The other just smokes weed all day and is a zombie. But they never asked why, they were only concerned for themselves in the end.
>>
>>17667870
so if one of them confronted you and asked about what happened and are asking for the honest truth, would you ignore them?
>>
can someone explain why would someone create expectations and then ghost them? like we can do x,y,z dont worry/overthink were still friends/not breaking up with you

cause the close friend who i assume ghosted me told me the week before that we could hangout, so i was expecting a reply/answer/follow up text to that.
>>
>>17667894
Sorry this is so late, I would love to tell them why, but they didn't care enough to ask.
>>
>>17668243
It's because they don't care for you as much as you do for them, I hate to put it that way, and hell, it's been so long now you may not even see this, but that's what it is.
>>
>>17667274
u probably said something mean and dont want to admit it.
>>
Are your initials MER?
>>
>>17667274
Are you a girl? Is the best friend in question a guy?
>>
>>17669267
no im a guy, friend is girl
>>
>>17669153
then why not just delete me from everything?
no point in keeping me if there going to actively ignore
>>
also, what kills me is that sometime in the summer, her parents were fighting, and the first person she turned to for advice was me, sent me like 30 texts begging for me to answer but i was asleep, she texted me, a guy shes never met in person. over her irl friends. and its not like she did this because she thought i was the only one awake, because she knows i sleep very late so i wouldnt be awake early. So the whole well its online so it probably wasnt important to her doesnt mean shit.
>>
File: Listen to black metal.jpg (104KB, 607x590px) Image search: [Google]
Listen to black metal.jpg
104KB, 607x590px
It's normal for you to feel betrayed and/or possessive, but in reality you don't know anything about her situation. She could have cut contact with you for valid, stupid, worrying, or banal reasons. She may be dating a possessive asshole who doesn't let her talk to guys. She may have a breakdown. She may have randomly decided that she's too cool for you know. She may be harboring secret feelings for you.

The reality is that you don't know, and can't assume things no matter how well you think you know her. The best you can do is remain available to her and see if she comes back. If she doesn't it's a shame, but nobody owns anyone else and trying to force a friendship that is over for whatever reason (whether that reason is legit or not) it always a bad idea.

Move on, anon.
>>
>>17670289
shes single though, and she wouldnt let someone control who she can talk to, i know that.
She also liked me for atleast about a year, beyond that i dont know. She did say she wanted to initiate irregular texting near the end of the summer. because before that she was texting daily, but i didnt see this as a bad thing, however irregular can mean anything which is the issue, she can not text for 3 days, come back and text for 7, then not text for 3 weeks and come back. it all counts as irregular texting by definition. The issue is i cant distinguish between ghosting in this case. She told me that were still friends however, and that i shouldnt worry or overthink if she doesnt reply. Now that would make sense if it was just a few days or so, but after 2 weeks worryng starts to set in.

I wont delete her though. What i do know is that shes not a heavy texter, and facebook is mainly used to communicate with classmates for work
>>
File: Creature 1.jpg (163KB, 700x970px) Image search: [Google]
Creature 1.jpg
163KB, 700x970px
>>17670318

See OP this totally changes the situation and it would've been helpful if you had said it from the start. If there are feelings involved the situation is much muddier and chances are they are part of the reason for the lack of communication. All you can do is remain available and see if she comes around. I think you know this already but you're getting antsy because you harbor feelings for her as well. If this is the case you need to either express them or control them. If it isn't then you shouldn't be worrying so much, chances are she's not dead or in danger just because she hasn't texted in two weeks.
>>
>>17667274
OP if this is a girl you're dealing with you won't be able to find the problem yourself. Be direct show her you care enough to want to know.
If she blows you off fuck her best friend.
>>
>>17670356
yeah but im sure her feelings faded awhile ago.
>>
>>17670356
also the week before she said we could hangout so it created an expectation from her
>>
honestly wish i can show the texts from the day she confronted me about irregular texting. would probably shed alot of light on this situation. but its 2 months back , i can look thru the backup but might take time to paste all the texts.
>>
op here, im not entirely sure but, it looks like she started talking to the guy she used to like before me, sometime mid summer. idk why i think its relevant somehow
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.