[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you politely turn down a guy who asked you to the movies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: _20161013_180418.jpg (182KB, 640x580px) Image search: [Google]
_20161013_180418.jpg
182KB, 640x580px
How do you politely turn down a guy who asked you to the movies and theyre in your class? I wasnt even being flirty btw. And we are already friends so I think saying no ty is too rude?
>>
>>17667065
>no ty is too rude
I actually prefer this. Do it nicely and where other people can't hear if possible, but at least the guy knows where he stands.

When the girl makes up some excuse like "I'd love to but I have to do this thing with my family." It helps the guy's feelings right then, but it also means he'll probably keep asking you and eventually you'll have to reject him anyway.
>>
>>17667086
I told him sorry no thank you, and hes like" dont get me wrong though. So when will you have free time? "
>>
Be honest. You don't like him like that but think he's cool as fuck and still wanna be pals
>>
>>17667225
Guys are autistic about this kind of thing. Just tell him explicitly you only see him as a friend and nothing more
>>
>>17667229
I told him i dont see you in a flirty way and hes like haha why not..
>>
>>17667256
And then he writes Im very different outside of school
>>
>>17667229
hes like i dont like being in the friendzone and then he keeps messaging me questions after that..i know how this will end in a fight so im just going to ignore him
>>
OP you will lose him as a friend, I guarantee it. He probably bided his time, coached himself up and then asked you out. He is in denial and thinks you are playing hard to get. A person like this, you just need to be brutally honest and tell him you aren't interested but you are interested in his friendship.

As I said, he will most likely stop talking to you completely so be prepared.
>>
>>17667326
yeah i would be embarassed too if i had realized how dumb i sound begging for someone to like me
>>
Guys are only your friend to try and go out with you. Women are useless as friends or for anything else for that matter.
>>
>>17667321
Tell him straight up, "I already said no, drop it, you sound desperate."
>>
>>17667903
nah I had some pretty good friends that were girls. sure I'd fuck them when I was single but I did value their friendships and if that happened it'didn't probably ruin all of that
>>
>>17667326
I feel it'd be better to just let him know and lose the friendship. he caught feelings for you and just being around you with out a definite no is going to hurt him more than just telling him no outright.

near the end of me and my ex's relationship she was being passive about breaking up. she wouldn't say it and we'don't still sleep together but the underlying theme was I felt more strongly for her than she did for me and I let myself be led on and I feel most guys would for a girl they really like
>>
File: 1475677339940.webm (1MB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1475677339940.webm
1MB, 640x640px
>>
By not being an over analysing batshit insane weirdo and telling him no thanks.
>>
>>17668580
Nevermind, read the rest of the thread, looks like he's just desperate.

Tell him you're not interested and making advances is making you feel uncomfortable. If he keeps doing it tell him to fuck off.

Simple stuff
>>
>>17667229
there is only one guy that would bother me if I lost them as a "friend" but we are close enough we've constantly made it clear we are just friends. What some of you call friends are really no more than acquaintances or guys you know like you and just waiting for the courage. I actually find the scared ones get it though they want to stay in orbit but I tell them they are wasting their time and why do that when the perfect girl for them is out there. It's the hounds with the big ego and accustom to women falling at their feet that ignore a NO. I have to be very guarded up front even speaking to these guys. Just last week one literally cornered me and acted as if he was doing me a favor by asking me out. Even when I tried to shove past him he grabbed me around the waist and had to shout before he would let me go, thankfully people were all around. The fucker has a gf too. Best to not even pretend to be friends with a guy.
>>
>>17668466
Tell him flat out "I'm sorry, but I'm not attracted to you. It's just how I feel, and you can't change my mind. I hope we can still be friends, but you're making me uncomfortable asking again after I said no. Please stop."

If he persists, block his number. Us guys are stupid when we're young, we need things stated implicitly or you'll do more harm than good.

Your friendship is probably over by the way, but if it's any consolation he was probably attracted to you from the start and didn't have the balls to hit on you straight away.
>>
This reminds me, last year:

At the cafeteria of our school I asked this girl out, telling her I've been in love with her since last year and it's a pity we never actually talked.
Turns out the dude sitting next to her was her bf. He was huge. So I just walked away.
The next day she went to me, introduced herself and wanted to ""get to know"" me. Her bf wasn't around so I gave her my phone number and never responded to her texts, mainly because her bf is fuking huge.

That semester, my friend was TA for this class, so I sit in his class pretended to be his student to fuck with him, I noticed this super cute girl, so I ended up spending the whole time watching this girl from behind and fantasizing about fucking her (also from behind). I asked my friend her info, he gave me her phone number. I asked her out on a text, she said she had no idea who I am, I told her my GPA and that I could help her pass the exam if she dates me. She didn't respond, so to demonstrate my good will I wrote a chapter on Fourier Transform, with exercises and solutions and sent it to her, she responded to this. So we exchanged a lot of emails in the final month of the semester. We were both under pressure, she was afraid of failing her exam and having to take courses in the summer, I was training for math competition. In the end, she did well on her exam, I did ok on my competition, I asked her on a date, she said yes and that she's eager to finally meet me.

Around the same time I started my internship at a research institute, every morning I saw through glass door at the water cooler this pretty girl, one day she smiled at me. My heart skipped a beat. I immediately know that I need to cancel my date and ask this girl out. Few days later, I saw her with her friends at the bus stop, I asked her out, she had a bf.

>>17668608

> literally cornered me and acted as if he was doing me a favor by asking me out.
> grabbed me around the waist

hmm maybe I should try this next time
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.