[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, so yesterday, I accidentally opened a former roommate's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: notgood.jpg (19KB, 326x309px) Image search: [Google]
notgood.jpg
19KB, 326x309px
Okay, so yesterday, I accidentally opened a former roommate's mail, and found that it was a GST/HST return check. Even after realizing my mistake, though, in a lapse of my better judgement, I went ahead and deposited the check in my bank account, and now my nerves are completely shot worrying whether I'm gonna get caught or not. Is there anything I can do to undo this? I bank with President's Choice Financial, an online bank, if that affects my options.
>>
>>17666597
You're fucked. Thats two federal crimes dude.
>>
>>17666597
go tell him what happened and transfer him the money
just say you were high off your nuts and realized it wasn't your email when you sobered up in the morning
>>
>>17666597
You should've stopped after realizing your mistake. Could've come clean to your room mate about opening get his mail on accident. Since you deposited it you're fucked. The accidental mistake could've been forgiven, but now you made it intentional. Hope you like prison senpai.
>>
Go to the bank and have them reverse the payment, say you accidentally cashed someone elses check. Tell your friend you went to the bank to reverse it after you realized what you'd done- just say you were half asleep and didn't realize it wasn't yours. If you dont, you WILL get caught btw. Fraud detection is very good these days.
>>
>>17666597
you will get caught but you should since you are a thief
>>
Oh boy why would you steal from your friend ?
Maybe you needed this lesson to integrate that stealing ain't right. What about if you never get caught ? You'll still know that you're a thief.
Confess !
>>
Just what the actual fuck.

I get that you were willing to steal from a friend, some people are assholes, it's shitty but perfectly logical in a way.

Depositing the shit on your bank account though? What the fucking fuck was going on in your mind thinking that you won't get caught easy?

Return the shit as soon as possible and come up with a decent excuse AND buy the guy/gal a drug of their choice to laugh this off.

>>17666646
Sounds pretty good.
>>
I said he was a roommate, not that he was a friend. Honestly, he was a prick.

But that doesn't matter right now.

I immediately regretted it the second the check went into the machine, and I haven't touched the money that was cleared. The full amount was 105.25, and I have 100 cleared immediately.

I just got off the phone with the bank asking them to cancel the payment, and they informed me that the payment should just not go through after they see the different name, and that the check in question will be mailed back to me.
>>
>>17666813
Well alright there you go catastrophe averted well done
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.