[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey, so i've started dating this girl. We're taking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: a9Ly171_700b.jpg (39KB, 700x407px) Image search: [Google]
a9Ly171_700b.jpg
39KB, 700x407px
hey, so i've started dating this girl. We're taking it slow, really getting along. It's great.

I am attracted to her big time.. BUT there is one thing that gets to me. It's awful.. but i can't decide if she's too short for me..which probably means it's not a big issue but i can't help overthinking years ahead into the future.. what if we had a kid who was a short dude.. :p.. life is so hard for short guys. Would she be better off with a taller guy? so they like 'balance out' a bit if you know what i mean :p

Is height a deal breaker in dating terms for /adv?

pic related. she is at the very top end of the 'dwarf' category BUT she is really quite chunky (in a good way) . I am just just just above average height for a dude but i'm not 6ft
>>
>>17666590
Not 6 ft as in above? Because if you meant below 6 ft then you contradicted yourself
>>
Height shouldn't matter. I'm 5' and 1/2". My bf is 6'2". We've been together for 5 years.
>>
>>17666598

> 6ft average height for guys.

wat? i don't think so. really??
>>
>>17666590
she is average height for a girl, calm down. if you're average height too then its fine.
>>
>>17666608
Sorry, I guess it actually depends on where you are from. I just assumed you were American
>>
>>17666608
really 6ft is average in the us? i am just under 6ft in the uk and i see about the same amounts of dudes taller and shorter than me :O
>>
>>17666625
6ft isnt the average in america, its 5 ft 10. here in the uk its 5ft 9. just google it to see.
>>
>>17666617
5-9 is average in the us
>>
>>17666631
It's actually technically 5'10" but even that's a bit misleading. I'm 6' and most guys are either my height or a little shorter or a little taller
>>
>>17666664
This was for
>>17666649
>>
>>17666649
its better to look at it by ethnic group. The average hispanic or asian male is typically a few inches shorter than other races. As the ratio of hispanics to other races increases the average height in the US will likely drop further. Pediatricians do comparative analysis to gauge the adult height of children, in the 80's average male height was around 5'11" in the US.
>>
>>17666664
but im only 5 ft 9 and its the same for me lol. everyone i know is either a little bit taller or a little bit bigger, and when i see random people walking in the street its the same. are you sure you're 6'? sometimes people bull shit about their height, some guy in my college class is about 5'7 but he tells people he is 5'9
>>
>>17666686
I mean, unless I'm just being flattered whenever I get measured, I'm pretty sure. Maybe it's regional
>>
>>17666706
>Maybe it's regional

yeah, probably. you shouldent worry about your gf anyway. you are both of decent heights. my dad is only 5'5 and my mum is 5'6 and im 5'9 as ive said and my brother is 5'11. my brother is taller but im better looking lol
>>
For me height is totally unimportant.

I'm 5'10 and most of my crushes have been shorter, some as short as 5'1. I've liked taller guys too, been a bit with someone who was 6'8.
>>
>>17666723
>I'm 5'10 and most of my crushes have been shorter, some as short as 5'1

you're tall for a girl unless you're a gay guy?

i like tall girls but i feel like they would turn me down because im only average height for a guy
>>
thanks guys! /adv has actually been giving me some solid advice recently making me feel a whole lot less insecure in general. u rock /adv
>>
>short = dealbreaker

is this real life?
>>
>>17666600
I'm with u. I'm 5'3 and my boyfriend is 6'4 and we've been together for 4 1/2 years.
It truly doesn't matter.
Also OP is a little creepy for thinking that far ahead
>>
>>17666590
yeah don't worry, 5'6" is completely fine for a girl, that's not bad genetics at all.
My mother's 5'3" and most of the men in her family are above 5'10".
>>
>>17666779
>mature young man planning ahead for his future
>little creepy
give me a break, famalam
this is where an oldfag would say something about millenials and priorities
>>
>>17666740
I'm female. I wouldn't turn a guy down based on his height but unfortunately I feel like many other women would. However, I think some really tall girls care less because they understand the pain of not being the expected height.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160801-060606.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160801-060606.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
The taller you are the more attractive women find you.

Genetically speaking, she will pass on the traits of the men in her family. If her dad and brothers are tall or average that's what she'll be contributing to your sons.
>>
>>17667267
>The taller you are the more attractive women find you.
Please end my life :)
>>
>>17666590

Only on 4chan do people give THIS much of a shit about height.
>>
>>17667351
its the end all. its the same as dressing well, having a good cut will make women more attracted to you. a girl will go for the smaller guy if the smaller guy is better looking. being tall is just a factor among many. one of my friends is 5'6 but gets girls easily because he has an attractive face and is confident
>>
>>17667429
I don't have an attractive face.
>>
>>17666590
Height doesn't matter if you're an aspie, which most of 4chan is.
>>
>>17666664
Well no shit, a 2" difference is pretty small, and depending on the shoe you're wearing, that can go down to 1", if it's a flat heel and everyone else is in sneakers or formal shoes.

I'm 6' in Aus (184cm), and I'm not exactly super tall, but still definitely taller than most people I meet, only like 15% of people are taller than that in my country. Less if I don't wear a flat shoe.

You have to remember your eyes don't stop at your head, not being able to see over someone doesn't mean that they're the same height as you.

Though if you don't ever notice you feel kind of tall, you're probably not 6', just doing that thing every 5'10 guy does and claiming it because it sounds better. Seriously, the amount of people who go "I'm 6', you must be a different height", ranging up to 6'3 (despite the fact that as I said, I'm solidly 6') is fucking ridiculous. Who do they think they're tricking?
>>
Dwarfs are the best!
>>
Eh, she's not really short, average-tall-ish for a girl I'd say

I'm about her height, maybe a bit taller, one of my brothers is over 6', another one is like 5'9-5'10; our dad is about 5'10 and mom is like 5'4

Weird thing to worry about
>>
5'2" here and I always end up dating tall guys! Not a big deal IMO
>>
>>17668803
kek
>>
>>17666590
>I am just just just above average height for a dude but i'm not 6ft

You aren't even 6 feet. You are overthinking this.

Don't make a big deal out of this and fuck it up. Please. Let it go
>>
>>17666590
Google "tall people with short parents"

The tall gene very often skips a generation.
>>
>>17667429
Can confirm, am attractive 5'6 manlet
>>
>>17668942
No, my brother is tall and im a manlet, both my parents are shorter than me ad well
>>
>>17668942
Please please please let this be true for me
My dad was 5'11" and I'm 5'6". I really hope my kids are tall.
>>
>>17666590
>Is height a deal breaker in dating terms for /adv?

No.
Finding someone who you're really compatible with, want the same things, get along, enjoy intimacy, can respect, encourage, support each other and each other's goals, are both available at the same time in life etc etc is fucking hard. If I'd meet someone compatible height is a non-issue as long as he's noticeably taller than me. Same height or shorter can be a dealbreaker - but honestly probably if I fell for him hard enough I wouldn't care about that.

I'm 163 cm though and haven't really met a lot of men shorter than me or same height, so this isn't a problem. I could say somewhere around 180 cm would be """ideal""", but other qualities matter much more, and as long as he's approx >173 it's all good
>>
>>17666590
i mean its nice of you to think of your kids, if you value kids THAT much then yeah i would drop her. cause it would affect you in the long run if youre into kids that much.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.