[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should I do when this guy is texting my girlfriend literally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: gffff.jpg (117KB, 364x470px) Image search: [Google]
gffff.jpg
117KB, 364x470px
What should I do when this guy is texting my girlfriend literally 24/7. He texts seriously texts her more than me. It first started like 1-2 months ago with him texting her in facebook, and her just texting him back, but after a while she started texting him too and now they are texting literally all the time. They are apparently friends right now, and she told me "he kinda looks like an asshole but he is actually a really nice guy" It's not that I'm afraid she will cheat or something, I just think it's really weird how she is texting with her male friend she so much. I'm not sure should I ask her what's up with that or will I seem like an insecure faggot who is trying to restrict her life? They speak on Facebook or Snapchat at least every hour.

>how do you know?
Every time we lie pic related or just sit next to eachother and she pulls out her phone she always has a pending message notification from him very recently (usually >10minutes from the moment I see it), and when she opens it they always have very recent text history. We go to the same school so I notice this every day. Also she very often just tells me, like when I ask her "why did you stay up so late" and she says "I was chatting with *the guys name*" etc.
>>
She's probably not cheating- if she were she wouldn't tell you she talks to him. I think they're just friends. Friends talk a lot. I wouldn't worry about it. If you ask her to stop you're giving the relationship the kiss of death. People hate being told what to do.
>>
What are they talking about?
>>
Honestly tell her it makes you uncomfortable. If she doesn't change her behavior, clearly she doesn't care enough about your feelings and may not be worth dating. The fact that she's doing it all the time while you're around is pretty rude and uncaring IMO. I would NEVER sit there and text other guys when I'm spending quality time with my boyfriend.
>>
If she just hangs on her phone 24/7 while you're together there is something wrong. I don't think there is a way to salvage this though, see >>17663571
>>
>>17663567
>I just think it's really weird how she is texting with her male friend she just met* so much
this is what I meant
>>
>>17663576
jesus christ i would hate to be your boyfriend
>>
>>17663586
t. bitch who can't put down her phone
>>
>>17663571
As I said, I don't really think they are fucking right now, it's just super weird how much they are texting. Like who the fuck texts so much to the same dam person. I would never text anyone so much if I didn't have a really bad crush on them or something.
>>
>>17663591
not the guy you replied to. i think it is really weird and i would feel the same way in your position. The guy is probably trying to get into her and she probably sees him as a potential partner in case the relationship with you comes to an end. girls and guys can be friends but they usually dont text this much unless they are getting into eachother. she may of developed feelings for himor will and if they are left together they could cheat. he obviously doesent care that she is in a relationship. If she is texting all the time while you're physically together, i would maybe mention it but im not sure. its dodgy.
>>
>>17663567
terminate the relationship immediately
i have no time to explain. if you havent been cuck'd yet, you will soon
>>
>>17663571
Or she could be smart and telling Anon this so she puts him more at ease.

Regardless, no girl should be texting another guy that much while in a relationship. Personally I would take this as a massive redflag, especially since she said he looks like an asshole but is really a nice guy, girls love that shit.

In my opinion she is going to cheat on you, if she hasn't already. You either need to put your phone down and tell her this isn't acceptable behaviour for a serious relationship, or give her a taste of her own medicine and start talking to another girl constantly, make sure she is really pretty too. Manipulative as fuck I know, but I have a feeling you aren't exactly the type to put a girl in her place.
>>
>>17663632
foot down, I mean.
>>
>>17663567
kek, these people exist
>>
>>17663567
Terminate the relationship immediately- I don't have time to explain. If you haven't been cucked yet you will very soon
>>
>>17663567
does she see him in real life?

so, you guys will fuck and she immediately grabs her phone to see if the guy sent her a text, something is wrong here
>>
>>17663567
>will I seem like an insecure faggot who is trying to restrict her life?
Exactly. As long she doesn't text with him WHILE spending time with you, who fucking cares?

I texted a lot with chicks I never wanted to date because they were damn good conversation partners, besides it started recently, so there is obviously much more to talk about than with somebody she knows for years.
>>
>>17663567
Pretty much any time this happens between a boy and a girl, it means things are going to get more serious. Men can't be good friends with women unless they're hideous.
>>
File: IMG_0323.gif (2MB, 390x277px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0323.gif
2MB, 390x277px
>>17663620
Fuggin kek
>>
>>17664004
She does tho.

>Every time we lie pic related or just sit next to eachother and she pulls out her phone she always has a pending message notification from him

Read the OP.
>>
>>17663567

my gf also has a best male friend. He tried to get in her pants but she shot him down, and that was before we were a thing.

I know that dude and occasionally we grab beers.

TBQH with you I am actually kinda glad that he spends that much time on her texting and hanging out and shit, because that means I don't have to deal with her inane shit.

like they go shopping together and he keeps asking her how to rip other girls and shit like that. He's like a playhouse/dressup doll for her.

sometimes I wonder if I should be paying the dude.
>>
File: IMG_0250.png (522KB, 580x660px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0250.png
522KB, 580x660px
Tell her it has been making you uncomfortable. If she gives you attitude, that's a red flag.

If she pulls the "why don't you trust me" card, clearly explain that it would be disrespectful to your relationship if you spent most of your available time talking to some other girl instead of with her and to consider your position and feelings.

If she still pushes back, drop her. If they text every once in a while, it's okay, but not all day every day.(especially with snapchat)
>>
>>17664055
This.

I'm not one of the "men and women CANNOT be friends" people (they can and I do) but texting that much is way out of bounds. He's trying to get with her, I'd put money on it.
>>
>>17664055
>and feelings
come on guys women don't give a damn about your feelings all they care about is are you going to shut the fuck up or not. They will push and push and push and if you say something they are the injured party. You have two choices. Consider them an adult making adult decisions and if they are doing shit like this it's because they prefer it over something else with you. You can either accept it and shut the fuck up or not put up with this disrespectful shit and leave the cunt. I understand friendship but there is no moderation in the exchange between OP's gf and this new guy. They are on all the time.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-08-13-23h16m24s197.png (949KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-08-13-23h16m24s197.png
949KB, 1280x720px
>>17663567
you sound like a future wife beater , you are a controlling asshole with no future and she knows that , you are just "mr right now" and shes trying hard to find mr right.

have fun posting about it in /r9k/ in 2 months or less , shes gonna dump you for him before christmas
>>
>>17664093
Are you honestly retarded?
If my boyfriend talked to someone else while we are sitting together or I'm laying with my head on his lap I'd be mad.
It's not a matter of jealousy, it's just disrespectful.
>>
>>17664038
Sounds more like CHECKING messages, which people do all the time these days.
>>
>>17664145
Jesus christ what? She is giving too much attention to this guy

honestly OP you should be fucking concerned if she says he looks like an asshole but he is a really nice guy that means he is flirting her and she is receptive about it because she finds him funny, you made your girlfriend be totally comfortable telling you she has been texting with him in the morning and you not becoming bothered about it, you are about to get cucked dude.
>>
message him and tell him to stop texting her he has no reason to be talking to her.

he should know his boundaries.
>>
>>17663567
I don't think it's a problem that she's texting this guy. I would just be mad if my gf was texting anyone all the time instead of hanging out with me.

Next time she's texting him, try to get her attention and ask her opinion on something. If she seems detached, ask her "Hey, do you mind putting your phone down for a second so we can talk?"
>>
The guy is trying to lay the framework between him and your girlfriend; Your girlfriend loves the attention that he gets from him.

Understand that it is extremely unlikely that this guy is texting your girlfriend at all times of the day without ulterior motive, unless he is gay. He likes your girlfriend, and is trying to pry her away from you. [Pose as friend, work as spy] Nice guys use the friend tactic in an attempt to contrast themselves positively against the current boyfriend. 'Look, I give you my utmost attention, my utmost praise, my utmost ears' Waiting in the rift for any sign of tension in the relationship

>"My boyfriend is mad at me" "Oh, I could never get mad at you."

I doubt, however that you girlfriend is or possibly thinking of cheating. Attaining the utmost attention of another, always attentive, always listening, always there is a powerful feeling. For women, they love the attention, compliments, and so on. It is too late to curb the constant texting now, it will just make you look jealous and insecure. You needed to establish your frame when it was starting to get out of hand.

>overview:
> It is too late to confront directly; makes you look jealous, insecure
>Girlfriends friend likes her, wants to date her, and is establishing emotional framework
>Girlfriend loves the emotional attention; but is probably just leading him on

>advice

>Bring it up indirectly, such as "Why do you always have to text when we are hanging out, doing things together etc" Then diffuse it as disrespectful and not jealously.
>>
OP here. To clarify, I don't mind her having male friends, or texting guys in general. She has plenty of other male friends who she hangs out with sometimes and I don't have a problem with that, some of the guys are my friends too and that's not a problem. What bothers me is that she is texting with ONE SPECIFIC GUY the she JUST MET and she is texting with him SO MUCH. Again, I don't think they are cheating but I'm a bit afraid that guy might have a crush on her, and if she keeps texting him so much she might give him the impression he might have a chance with her.
>>
>>17665604

He already think he has a chance with her otherwise he wouldnt be communicating so damn much with her.
>>
>>17665604
Of course he thinks he has a shot because he does. If he didn't your gf would have already established some boundaries and she has not. Mid night she's available, with you and she's available. Has she offered what is so fucking important she cannot wait to respond to him. Has she said hey OP look at what this silly fuck said or how interesting? I can assure you they are throwing out sexual innuendo and you right there with your head in her lap. You started the thread he text her all the time but she text him all the time too. Does she see him in real like?
>>
>>17665609
yep. text all day every day facebook or snap chat every hour and she's always available to me. She's interested and I got a shot
>>
>>17663567
Does she respond to you as quick and often when you text/ call her? If not, she most likely cheats or is attracted to him.
>>
>>17665677
she text non stop with the guy even when she is with OP. Her head is never with OP but with this guy. If she didn't have her phone she would be preoccupied with thoughts of him and OP would wonder why she wasn't engaged with him but the great thing here is she is preoccupied with the guy, chatting constantly while sitting there with OP. How fucking obvious do you have to be? She's just unaware how obvious because many of us are glued to our phones but in this case it is not the phone she is glued to but this one guy.
>>
>>17664026

100% true.
>>
>>17664043

>sometimes I wonder if I should be paying the dude.

Ikr. kek
>>
>>17663567
1) they like each other
2) if she makes you feel like an insecure faggot then dump her
>>
>>17665604

Dude, straight males don't befriend and spend so much time text/talking on the phone with a woman unless he's sexually attracted to her and wants to fuck her.
>>
>>17665874
girls don't spend this much time with a new straight male unless they are interested
>>
>>17663567

You've let this go on for too long, if you confront her now you'll look really suspect and she'll flip or bitch. At this point you're not getting rid of this guy by just "talking it out" or communicating fuck no(its too fucking late), you let this go on for to long and she's not giving it up without a battle. You got to put your foot down in the very beginning.

Like most anons here said, he might not ever get a chance at your girl, he's just a sucker who's going to make your life easier by keeping her occupied. However, straight guys don't go out seeking female friends, he wants to face fuck your gf.

I say prepare for the worst OP, you're going to have to distance yourself, you're going to have to let her initiate EVERYTHING. You need to focus more on making your life better to the point where she or any woman has to really REALLY try to convince you to choose her over your lifestyle. Because lets be honest all women want to be a man's "#1 priority". If she has to work really hard for that title, it's the ultimate gratification/validation for a chick. You should never give women that power because one, women don't know what they want and two, when you give them the power they get super cold and lazy, it's best to just let them chase. A woman isn't worth putting above your lifestyle anyhow, women just often trick men into doing it or the man is too desperate, naive, or vulnerable. Unless you're REALLY looking to get married, don't bother doing that.
>>
>>17663567

OP best thing to do is to meet with other girls, it'll help you get to the point where you can walk away from the relationship.

Next get some female friends and let your gf know about them and if she gets pissed, dump the fuck her. Don't date a girl who wants to have her cake and eat it too.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.