[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When do you keep trying, and when do you leave? He is so guarded...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Winterfell.png (2MB, 1249x1331px) Image search: [Google]
Winterfell.png
2MB, 1249x1331px
When do you keep trying, and when do you leave?

He is so guarded... I have to move mountains anytime I want him to let me in.

I tell him I need him to listen, he tells me I'm impossible to satisfy.

I tell him I'm suffering, he tells me its all in my head.

I know he loves me because he has cried on my shoulder...once. But I've been crying for a year.

I don't want to leave because I know that if we keep going, eventually we can solve our problems... I just know that until that happens I am going to remain depressed.

He's always been loyal even when i fucked up, and he promises we will work on making things better... I am just so tired, would I be the disloyal one to leave when we have potential?

I have no idea what to do. I feel like I'm either going to lose my love or my mind if I am not strong enough for this.
>>
Jesus Christ, your really not gonna like my answer but you are being very over dramatic. You need to stop wallowing in self pity and learn to live your life. If you love your boyfriend and you'll think you guys can work stuff out and be together then do just that, if it's okay to question it, everybody does that at some point in a relationship. Only you can decide if being with him is worth it, your the one who knows him and yourself best.
>>
>>17663509
You have no appreciation for stylistic writing.

OP, I think it's time to leave the relationship. It's never a good idea to wait around for someone to change. Either accept that this is who he is -guarded, unempathetic, stoic, and uncaring (he may care but if he doesnt show it he might as well not)- or leave. Either be okay with him in his current form, or decide you're not, and find someone who meets your needs. Don't force a broomstick into a coke can, as it were. You'll be eternally unhappy.
>>
>>17663473
>I tell him I need him to listen, he tells me I'm impossible to satisfy.
>I tell him I'm suffering, he tells me its all in my head.
You're a good person for trying but if he can't do these things, you'll never be happy.
>>
>I tell him I need him to listen, he tells me I'm impossible to satisfy.
>I tell him I'm suffering, he tells me its all in my head.
This is not that he's guarded. This is invalidation. Read up on it. He is being extremely abusive ans using tacticts to keep you hooked to him for his approval and validation. Get out now.
>>
>>17663473
OP:
You should learn to deal with your problems by yourself. Believe it or not, your boyfriend can't do it for you. The cure to depression is in your willingness to push yourself to do things, exercise, be with other people, when all you want to do is lay in bed. No amount of other people's words or actions will stop the pain. Most men are not going to be nearly as emotionally fickle and "feely" as you are, and chances are you wouldn't want to be with a man who is that way. I can only imagine the difficulty and confusion your boyfriend faces every day as a result of your mood swings, something he can't relate with at all. Accept that your boyfriend is just stoic. Accept him for who he is. Relish in his stability, which you greatly lack. The fact that he's still with you even though you do the things you do is enough to know that the relationship can stand the test of time.

Ultimately you'll need to stop fighting the relationship or let him find someone who won't.
>>
>>17663535
Ok.
>>
OP I think I know how you feel.

I feel so lost in my relationship. It's so hard to talk to him. Or to understand what he's thinking or feeling. Because whatever I do or don't do, it's always the same reaction. Nothing really seems to matter, including me. I don't know what to do.

What makes it worse is, he didn't used to be like this. He used to confide in me more, used to seem happier. I don't know what changed. But I'm dealing with it by trying to be more stoic and apathetic myself.
>>
>>17663648
> I'm dealing with it by trying to be more stoic and apathetic myself.

I feel like this is not the right response. Your life is worth more than that. Have hope. If not for both of you, than for yourself.
>>
>>17663999
I don't know what's right. I guess this is my defense mechanism. I've tried expressing my feelings but it doesn't seem to do any good, if anything I think it makes things worse.
>>
>>17663473
>He's always been loyal even when i fucked up
Ok, can you really wonder why he is guarded. You hurt him and he is fearful of you, fearful you will gut him again
>>
>>17664116
We've hurt each other.

Its ok though he just broke up with me over text. So I guess I can start moving on.
>>
>>17663521
Where do you think you are? This isn't a fucking poetry jam.

OP, you need to either accept who he is or go. Most men aren't open emotional creatures, we're often stoic in regards to our feelings and thoughts.

And what do you mean loyal even when you fuck up? That can be interpreted many different ways.
>>
>>17664432 Take that back, just saw >>17664218
Damn, fucking annihilated.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.