[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my boyfriend admitted when drunk that since the moment we met

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: dogs-with-eyebrows-3A.jpg (45KB, 400x246px) Image search: [Google]
dogs-with-eyebrows-3A.jpg
45KB, 400x246px
my boyfriend admitted when drunk that since the moment we met he thought I was unattractive and my character very unappealing (I have asperger's and have problems being myself around people I don't know well, later on I am very calm anyway, I come from an abusive home and watch my every step around people - he was always going after very popular girls, all of which rejected him). only thing that attracted him to me was our mutual interest in the field he works in
when asked about how can I trust him now? and what would happen if he would meet someone who not only has the interest in the field and in him, but also is more attractive than me to him in other departments, he said he does not think about it all, he does not want to tempt the fate, but it is very possible that he would leave me (I appreciate honesty, but yeah... I just shouldn't have asked the question)

other than that he treats me well when we meet, makes longterm plans with me, etc., yet since his fucking confession I got insecure as hell, and afraid every time he interacts with a woman (it wasn't like that before at all)

I could handle being left very well, but don't want to be treated as less than by someone who I guess shouldn't (?), or get cheated on
>>
And your question is? I mean, if you're looking for an opinion I would've left the very moment my partner told me he doesn't find me attractive. I don't see how anybody could have a happy relationship knowing their partner doesn't like their appearance and personality. But that's just me, you do you. Although I doubt you'll ever be rid of those newly found insecurities as long as you'll be with him.
>>
>>17662760
As a fellow girl, leave. You are only setting yourself up to be hurt. You'll never be the most attractive woman a man knows or has seen, but if you are looking for long term commitment with someone, I think you'd better find someone whose attraction to you isn't so up in the air. That, or work on your confidence and seduce the heck out of him! He is already your boyfriend after all.
>>
>>17662760
I would honestly recommend just leaving. Yes it hurts, some, temporarily, but in the long term it would be far better for you than feeling like your partner only wants you because he 'settled' on you. Hell, he may even realize that's not actually how he feels about you and that he's an asshole.
>>
>>17662760
my gf admitted to me during an argument she hooked up with me just to be near my older brother. She insist she loves me now but it has crushed me.
>>
>>17662760
>>17662919
That sucks. You should definitely move on. No point being with someone that honestly sees you as just an option or "good enough for now."

I would never say something so heinous to a SO, but I realize I have done something similar in the past. Had been seeing this girl for like 4 months and we were getting along really well -- we were seriously into each other -- and she tells me that she'd really like me to meet her family. I freaked out. Truthfully, I had started dating her mostly because I just wanted a gf and hadn't been thinking THAT seriously about things. I told her that that was more than I was looking for and I have never forgotten the way her face dropped. Just a look of true heart break. The relationship only lasted another month or so. Just wasn't the same once the trust was gone.

I regret being so flippant in my affections to this day. She was a good girlfriend, she cared about me, and she didn't deserve to be told that her feelings were just appreciated and convenient rather than truly reciprocated. And neither do you guys. Move on.
>>
>>17662944
I see no fault early in a relationship telling the truth about your intentions no matter how hurtful because the alternative is a lie. You didn't want something long term and serious enough for marriage and she did and she needed to know she was wasting time on you.

Likewise I know my gf didn't want me, glad I know despite the pain, and I also know soon as I break up she will make a move toward my brother. I have already emotionally shut down anticipating the end.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.