[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If someone (female) is angry about something and says "i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

If someone (female) is angry about something and says "i dont want dinner" then leaves for ~15 mins, do you make a serving for them since theyre saying it out of spite or not because they should face the consequences of rudeness?
>>
>>17662714

Are you asking us if you should punish your girlfriend for being upset by withholding food?

Are you 12 years old?
>>
>>17662715
not witholding, its more if you say something like that and storm out without resolving an arguement is it better to just go by their word or not?
>>
Yes, of course they should face the consequences of their actions, otherwise they'll keep acting like children. If you're letting them get away with it you're just spoiling them.
>>
>>17662728

If you're dating someone who you feel like you need to punish for behaving like a child then you need to break up because she's acting like a child and you're acting like her father and thats not a real relationship.

>>17662717

What does that have to do with her inherent need to eat food to survive? I guess I'm just not understanding the context?

Was the food already made or were you about to make something and she said she didn't want it?

If she said she didn't want it I'm not sure what else there is to talk about. She said she didn't want it. Why would you make food for someone who explicitly said they didn't want any?

I don't necessarily think its childish to be angry and suddenly lose your appetite.
>>
>>17662749

>thats not a real relationship

And what is a real relationship according to you?
>>
>>17662749
>giving them what they want
>punish

Ok, so what do you propose one should do when their partner is acting like a child? Enable them? That's fucking retarded, fampai. Everybody acts retarded from time to time, some more than others, but we all do it once in a while. If I act like a cunt I'd rather have the people around me tell me I'm a cunt and let me deal with the consequences of my cunt-ness than have them act like I did nothing wrong. This way next time I'll feel like acting like a cunt I'll remember than it's not beneficial in any way.

>inherent need to eat food to survive
Yeah, right, him not making her a serving is obstructing her inherent need to eat food. If she were hungry she could make one for herself or buy some food. You're not talking about a child here. You're talking a grown woman who acts like a child.
>>
> treating a person like an abstract entity
>>
>>17662754

>And what is a real relationship according to you?

Not acting like your girlfriend's father? Not doing negative things to each other out of spite? Not using emotional manipulation to train your girlfriend to do only the things you want?

Thats more of a parasitic symbiosis. Although technically, parasitic symbiosis is technically a type of relationship. I guess what I meant to say is thats not a good relationship.
>>
>>17662759

You have only described what you should not do.
But you havent described what you should do instead of those things.
>>
>>17662755

>Ok, so what do you propose one should do when their partner is acting like a child? Enable them?

Ask yourself why it is you continue to date someone who acts like a child and why instead of trying to engage them in a conversation about their behavior you instead think that "punishing" them with negative reinforcement is somehow a productive reaction.

You speak to people one on one and engage with them, not respond to negative behavior with negative behavior. That's how children behave.

Like I said in my last post, context is everything, I don't necessarily think being so upset that you lose your appetite is necessarily childish. I'm not exactly sure exactly how suddenly not being in the mood to eat anymore qualifies OP's girlfriend as a child.

>Yeah, right, him not making her a serving is obstructing her inherent need to eat food

You didn't read the rest of my post. I asked OP to clarify the context. Taking the first (obviously sarcastic) sentence of my entire post and framing it as my entire argument is logically incorrect.
>>
>>17662761

When someone does something you don't like, you don't respond to that by doing something that they don't like. Like I said, thats how children behave.

You engage them in a dialogue about their behavior. When people are angry sometimes they need perspective to look at their responses objectively. Pulling people away from their emotions with an honest conversation is sometimes needed.

If you're with someone who continually has a pattern of throwing hissy fits or shutting down or refusing to communicate when they get upset then you're probably dating an emotionally stunted person and you should break up.

If you believe that responding to yourself feeling bad by trying to make the other person feel bad is the proper way to handle an argument then you're probably still a little childish and need a bit more age and experience to get a handle on how to deal with conflict the proper way.

Although, as I've continually said, OP has not provided enough evidence in my eyes to prove that his girlfriend is childish. Losing your appetite after an argument doesn't immediately make you a child, in my opinion. Everyone in the thread just kind of took that idea and ran with it with very little context to back the theory up.

Is this a good enough answer?
>>
>>17662761
New person to the thread.

Assuming that your relationship isn't completely shit, I would recommend you be the better person and lead by example. Make them a meal, and be calm if they come back. Show them that you're not phased by this behaviour and that you won't be moved to petty back and forth crap over an argument. It is very easy for this kind of thing to get carried away and blow up when it shouldn't be a big deal.
>>
>>17662772

>Is this a good enough answer?

Yes.
>>
>>17662756
whats wrong with that? its strips them down to only necessary information
>>
>>17662767
>ask yourself...
Because, as I said everybody acts like a child now and then. If you're encouraged to act like a child you're going to do it more often.

I didn't say you should just ignore them and never bring it up. Let her fester in her juices (because any talk at this point would most likely read to further arguing), then talk to her about it when she calms down.

If she really did lose her appetite and she actually doesn't want food then what's the point of making her food?

And why are you giving advice as if you understand the context if you don't? The context was pretty clear though. She said she doesn't want food when angry about something. I said he shouldn't give her food since she said she doesn't want food. Why are you arguing with me about it?

>>17662772
When people are angry about something the last thing to do is to have the person who made them angry talk to them about it. leave them alone, wait for them to calm down and then talk about it. Or, if possible, have a third party talk to them about it.
>>
>>17662772
what happened was this

an arguement escalated on her behalf to shouting, i never shout in these situations. She said something like "im not eating" and left for about 20 minutes.

During which time i made two servings anyway with intent to eat both. When she got back i told her it there was a serving available to her. She said she didnt want it so i told her id eat it, then she ate it because i said that.

--

I dont see this as a reason to terminate a relationship as much as it can be resolved through other means, but its certainly not a sustainable relationship if it continues this way
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.