[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Work just put me in an unwinnable situation, because they "believe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1451884125340.jpg (3MB, 3900x2998px) Image search: [Google]
1451884125340.jpg
3MB, 3900x2998px
Work just put me in an unwinnable situation, because they "believe in me." To the tune of 60 million dollars.

I am contemplating quitting before my reputation is eternally tarnished. But quitting could tarnish my reputation too.

What in the fuck do I do? I'm set up to fail.
>>
There are no right or wrong choices in life. Every decision carries with it consequences that work out for us or they dont. Sometimes alot of bad shit happens right after but then at least one or two things work out later. If you hadnt of done that thing that caused all of that bad shit none of the good would have happened either. Make decisions based on deeper questions. Does this decision make sense for me at this stage of my life? Do I feel morally secure with this? Is this right for myself and my family? Ask these questions and try to think about those consequences.
>>
Alright you listen to me you fucking pickled twat. They "believe in" you? No. Fuck that shit. They know it's unwinnable and they need a fucking body to gently lob and allow the enemy to jawfuck to death. 60 million dollars on the line and they throw your confidence-lacking self at it? No you idiot they want you to fail so they can move on or whatever the fuck the higher ups are trying to do.

And that's why you have to do it. Without question. Without hesitation or the slightest tinge of reluctance. You do whatever the hell they want you to do and knock it out of the fucking park.

And then when they're standing there, amazed, thanking you, whatever these fucking suits do when someone exceeds their expectations..that's when you politely shake their dicks and tell them to fuck off and that you quit.

Anyway that's what I'd do. But one time I ate a colored soap because I thought it was candy (like, the whole thing, not just a taste) so whatever I guess. Good luck.
>>
Explain the situation?
>>
>>17662303

We merged teams on a very high, corporate level, and two largely separate roles were combined into one. We used to manage our specialty, but now people with 20 years of experience on one side of the business are supposed to try to get up to speed with a completely new kind of it, and people with no experience on their side are supposed to train them, and get up to speed with the other side of the business. With the idea that we would "cross train" each other.

I have been assigned, as the most junior member of the team at my level on both sides of this merger, to be in charge of our most important international market.

I'm being intentionally vague here, because I can't totally explain my job without possibly getting in trouble, but I'm not talking about stocking shelves here.

I am way out of my league, even if I ask for help from people.
>>
>>17662339
have you brought this up with your superiors?
>>
>>17662339
Try to reorganize so that competent people are doing the training, and if you aren't allowed to change trainers and schedules, complain to higher management that they put you in charge, they need to give you that power. Like >>17661973 said, if you can get this shit done, you could be a hero. Maybe you would even get promoted a few levels, and if you quit on good terms after, you could get an excellent recommendation for your next job.
>>
>>17662344

My superiors brought this to my attention today - less than 5 hours ago. I was told that this was how the team was going to be broken down.

Our Senior Vice President asked that I was put on this market. He really thinks I can do it, but my abilities have been strongly overstated by people who think I'm more capable than I am. I'm not lacking in confidence, and I appreciate that people have recommended me - but they're not aware that I've been bullshitting my way to the top, and just appear more productive than I really am. I haven't lied to anyone about my skillset - this is a total surprise.
>>
>>17661806
Create a paper trail. Make sure everything you do, and that others do to get in your way, is documented, including every time you warned them that this project was risky. If the shit hits, you can at least kdeflectsome of it off you.
>>
>>17661973
Kek.
Congrats on being the first trip I haven't filtered in ages.
>>
>>17662368
Just try and when you run on something you don't know how to do, find out who would and ask them.
>>
>>17662510

No one else knows and can advise me, at least as much as I need to know without literally doing my job for me. I don't know the basics.

I don't know. The best way I can describe it is like, asking you to open your own bakery because you once made something from a premade cake mix.
>>
>>17662492
THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS

If it's not written AND SIGNED it never happened.

Do your best and cover your ass.
>>
>>17662494
Not a trip
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.