[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need some serious advice here guys. I just started a job as an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: image1.jpg (16KB, 620x330px) Image search: [Google]
image1.jpg
16KB, 620x330px
Need some serious advice here guys. I just started a job as an accountant at a new company a couple of months ago and have been training under the controller to do the various tasks. Today, the controller and another coworker in our group went out for lunch and according to the other coworker, he said that he smelled alcohol on my breath today. This is totally baseless as I haven't drank for days.

Here's the kicker, the controller has cancer and part of the reason why I was hired was that he was taking reduced duties (working half days and taking weeks off at a time for treatment) and they were short staffed. I suspect he's paranoid about me edging him out of his role and he might be doing this as a result. Or maybe the cancer is fucking with his sense of smell, I dunno...

I've considered that the other coworker is stirring up shit, but I don't thinks that's likely due to my assessment of her personality so far and the fact that she wouldn't have anything to gain because she and I aren't directly competing for a role. (I'm a CPA like the controller, whereas she's more of an HR/Payroll person without a CPA).

There is also another person above us (VP, Finance) who've I considered talking about this to. Not sure if I should atm and pretend that I don't know about the accusation. It's not like the controller made an official complaint, though office gossip of this nature can be damaging to reputations. Although if he does say some shit to the VP of finance in the future, it's on record that his credibility has been questioned if I do bring it up to the VP.

I'm thinking I won't do anything or say anything for the moment, but I'm pretty pissed off desu. What should I do?
>>
Good luck mate, because he's been there longer than you he can be a lying sack of shit and have it fly. If you bring it up or make it a battle you'll lose, if he wants you to lose, you'll lose. You can't fight this shit without being dirty. Do you really wanna fight dirty with a man with cancer though? Your call.
>>
You better start recording your conversations.
>>
You could always just wait it out... He won't be around much longer
>>
get a breathalizer. also, tell that old fat boomer fuck to retire and stop hording all the wealth. also, tell that old fat fuck that if he didnt work 80 hours a week and actually took care of himself he probably wouldnt have cancer in the first place. also is it even worth it to get the cpa exams finished these days? a few years ago it was a golden ticket in but i hear that isnt the case anymore
>>
Dont draw attention to it. Let it go and move on but be very careful about who you talk to in your office. I would be very wary of your HR. If you need to speak with them about personal stuff, record your conversations and log them.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.