[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else here feel like they'll never have a social

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: My life.jpg (457KB, 900x850px) Image search: [Google]
My life.jpg
457KB, 900x850px
Does anyone else here feel like they'll never have a social life or go anywhere in life? I just got out of college with a B.A but finding a job is tough, also I'm a 24 year old overweight weeaboo virgin friendless manlet who still lives with his parents. I'm working part time making $8 per hour, my mom is afraid if I was living on my own I'd just eat junk food and drink soda until I weigh 300 lbs, she already gets onto me about what I eat and drink currently. I need to lose a good 20lbs or 30lbs, also she's always telling me how to dress and style my hair because she thinks if I dressed how I want then girls would never find me attractive.

In a way I feel like she's right because if I was living on my own I'd probably live off soda and frozen dinners/pizza or some shit and just play video games, she really wants me to have a social life but I just don't know if it'll ever happen. I'm not very outgoing and I don't go out of my way to make friends, sometimes my mom and I argue because she's so worried where I'll be in a few years. She just doesn't like the fact that I'd be working and doing nothing else because I have no interest in anything, and it's not that I don't have interest in things, it's just I'm interested in things like anime and video games which she claims aren't really things people my age should be interested in.

I love my mom, but I hate that she worries so much. I mean I'm content with my situation, and I wouldn't mind just sitting inside all day eating junk food and playing video games, but she just doesn't want me to be a friendless obese loser sitting in his apartment with no friends or girlfriend. I've tried losing weight but I never stick with it, I'll be gung-ho about it for a week or two and then burn out. I mean it'd be nice to have friends/girlfriend who is into what I like, but it's hard to find people with my interests in my city for some reason. It's not like we have an anime club, or something of that nature in my town.
>>
Plenty of girls are into anime shit, and they're usually dysfunctional weirdos like yourself. Stop being a mopey ass, dress up in a costume and go to a convention. And exercise.
>>
>>17661229
I have been to several anime conventions, the reason I haven't been to one in a while is because I don't want to go alone.

I have no friends and nobody to go with, I just really don't have fun attending conventions by myself. I always went with friends or something, also I've tried exercising, but as I stated it never lasts very long. I'll exercise for like two weeks and then burn out and lose motivation.
>>
>>17661161
>Does anyone else here feel like they'll never have a social life or go anywhere in life?

i already dont have a social life but that is my own fault because i choose to invest my spare time into my own things. i have friends, however i dont see them that often. i feel like my life isnt going anywhere which is mostly because im aware of where most british class citizens end up. Im in university but im not very good at academic work, being dyslexic doesn't help.

>it's just I'm interested in things like anime and video games which she claims aren't really things people my age should be interested in.

sounds like my mum. I disagree with your mum anyway. all people really do is play video games, watch films/tv series and drink. the only thing you're really missing out on is having friends to get shit faced with. sounds like you're in a depressing situation though, worse than mine. ive never really been friendless. i can speak to people pretty easily if i have something to talk about. you should lose weight. getting into working out improved my confidence alot.
>>
>>17661161
If I could suggest one thing it's to get a slow cooker so you can extremely easily prepare delicious and healthy meals by boiling (ie. without any cooking oil). It lets you buy cheaper cuts of meat which turn out more delicious than the premium stuff after 8 hours of slow cooking. You can also toss sweet potatoes and all sorts of veggies and things in. It's honestly pretty game changing for millennial poorfags without many life skills and I wish I'd bought one sooner. They're pretty affordable.
>>
>>17661350
Are ingredients expensive? I mean, I guess I could just buy vegetables and throw them in a slow cooker. I need easy recipes to make, because I can't cook for shit. Also as long as it's not too expensive, I mean I do like vegetables but I figured they're expensive.
>>
>>17661358
A bag of potatoes and a sack of carrots are dirt cheap. Way cheaper than junk food.

Literally all you have to do is wash and cut them, then throw them in for a few hours. Bam, you instantly have healthy and filling carbohydrates + excellent sources of beta-carotenes without any fatty oils or salts unless you choose to add your own.

If you get sick of an ingredient you can always experiment with new stuff. Celery, kale, broccoli, even cranberries or other things. You can make soup with it too. Honestly the possibilities are endless.

I make a beef roast with my slow cooker like twice a week and it's better than any steak I've ever made before. I also use it for sweet potatoes as a snack or quick breakfast in the morning.

The only thing you need to do is sort of plan the timing right since it takes at least 3-4 hours to make anything, but it's super convenient because I just plop something in and then check on it later. They come with different settings like low, high, warm, etc. which makes it super easy.
>>
>>17661229
>anime convention

Dude conventions are packed with normies now.

It's the effect of gentrification. It's ruined hip-hop, displaced the poor in major cities and now it's the geeks turn to be co-opted by hipsters.

Nothing is safe from middle-class 20-somethings who've never struggled in life.
>>
>>17661161
Anime and video games are your interests then, huh? It's always good to know what you like. Have you considered streaming on Twitch if you happen to be really good at it? Have you considered working FOR an anime convention? What are your other interests? You can make a career out of almost anything... you just have to make a viable plan. Finding friends is really tough though. The only way to make them these days is to find yourself in situations where you spend a couple hours with other people, like at a job or browsing in a manga store. Yeah, finding a job is not fun, but my dad used to say for every 100 applications you fill in a tough economy, 1 will give you an interview. Keep at it.
>>
>>17661425
Working for an anime convention sounds great, never really considered it but how would I go about it? I'm not sure what I could do, I think I'd be good at like planning or working some aspect of convention.

I just wasn't sure how people get jobs that actually PAY MONEY at a convention, I know a lot of it is volunteering, wasn't sure what jobs at anime conventions actually get money. I guess you put in like an application or something? I know they have volunteer applications but I don't know how you'd go about applying for like an actual job at an anime convention.
>>
after thinking pretty hard, I think you should; Walk into the nearest wall greens with durude sandstorm blaring on a boombox, and just start 360 no scoping everyone.
>>
>>17661473
Brilliant! What a great idea.
>>17661434
I'm pretty sure it's like the radio business - you volunteer and gain experience and contacts until you actually get a job. You more or less slave your way in, but once you're in, you're in. Of course organizing these events yourself eventually is another option, given that there are just too few anime conventions imho.
>>
>>17661161
Be grateful for having such an amazing and supportive mother. Wish I had one like yours too.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.