[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's this cute girl who's in most of my classes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_nxbna9eekI1ufh7yno1_500.gif (432KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxbna9eekI1ufh7yno1_500.gif
432KB, 500x381px
There's this cute girl who's in most of my classes and one of my labs. I really want to talk to her, but I don't know how to approach the situation.

>Be in advanced placement since 4th grade so my class was the same 15 people until university
>Go to university with high school/elementary school friends so still no need to meet new people

Long story short, I don't know how to talk to strangers. This girl is usually quiet and sits on her own in the back of the lecture hall or far off in our labs. I've caught her staring at me a few times and she's caught me stating at her a couple of times, but again, I just don't know how to actually talk to her. Any advice?
>>
>Go sit next to her
>Ask her name, ask her how her days going
>Ask her general questions /conversate until things progress further
>Ask FORD questions (family, occupation, relationships, dreams)
>Ask her for her number
>Take her on a date
>Repeat above process on date
>>
>>17658516

Well, what are some things that happen in class you can ask her about? Think of some convo starters

Ask her what grade she got on something, ask her if she's good at this kind of stuff, ask her major, ask her what classes she's taking

Try to smile sincerely, but not only that - sound, and look sincere in your speech
Well the approach layout would go something like this

>hey, are / do you (ask something)?

>she answers, you ask follow up

An entire conversation can go on in this format, some would say it's the superior tactic, to keep the other person talking

I mean I'm fucking hideous and even I manage it just by doing these, you can too anon
>>
>>17658523
Thanks anon, I'll give it a shot next time I see her. My only worry now is whether or not I can keep the conversation going without coming off as annoying and if I'm interesting or not.

But I might just be able to do this, thanks again.
>>
>>17658537
no, don't do any of that, you'll look like a creep plopping yourself down to her without even asking and then asking about her family, job, relationship and DREAMS in all one sitting, nowadays people don't even ask people they've known for years that shit
>>
>>17658534
That's really good advice, I never really put much thought into the way I'd sound and look when talking to her. Would appearance trump the actual content of the conversation during first impressions?

I could ask her about the tasks we have to complete for one of our labs I guess? Thanks for everything, anon!
>>
>>17658547
Should I do it gradually over time? Like slowly get to know her over small talk and stuff and let those things come about naturally?
>>
>>17658556

No. It's a good medium of both. You don't want to dress like a slob, or go over the top like an autist; but she doesn't want to talk to a snob, or someone who seems retarded.

Don't overthink things, brush your teeth, eat a mint, put on deodorant and cologne, shave your neckbeard, do your hair, etc. Put on regular clothes that fit well, and just have a regular conversation w/ her.
>>
>>17658556
technically every small detail matters, but to focus on so many things is impossible, and luckily our innate intelligence as humans (our common sense) compensates adequatley

Goes without saying nice clothes help, it;s fall so wear a flannel that fits nicely, they're rather cheap, 20 bucks a pop, 12 or so if you're short on cash

Of course girls would never admit it, but you could look like Brad Pitt and it wouldn't matter if you wore the same sweatpants every day, but if you dressed like Don Draper, it wouldn't matter if you looked like Steve Buscemi

Know your qualities and your weak points, since you're not the polar opposites like I described, press your advantages and repress your weak points

Apparently smell is really a strong factor too, if you could get some quality cologne and use it when you know you'll talk to her, I think it'll go a long way
>>
>>17658563
>>17658574
Thanks guys, this is my first time posting on /adv/ and I'm really happy that everyone seems so nice here. You're giving me a lot of confidence
>>
>>17658586
besides the occasional angry shitposter I believe we're a rather good board, thank you anon, spread the love
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.