[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain to me why it is that now, when I'm actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1245378786.jpg (83KB, 715x715px) Image search: [Google]
1245378786.jpg
83KB, 715x715px
Can someone explain to me why it is that now, when I'm actually an adult, in the real world, around other people that are presumably adults, I get way more shit about my height than I ever did in high school?

In highschool I only had one friend that ever even brought it up, and he just thought he was being funny. Now, it's fucking nonstop. It's not from girls (I do fine with girls actually), it's mainly other guys. The only thing I can think is that maybe it's an alpha male thing?

Conext? Usually none, it's always something like
>hurr duurr, you're shorter than me you short shit
Or a similar effect out of no where

It's just really frustrating because I feel like every time I'm around a new group of people I need to go through it all over again.

So, three questions:
1) is there a way to pre-empt it? I've tried bringing it up myself, but people seem to take that as license to bring it up incessantly from then on
2) barring that, when people do give me shit about it, how should I respond? My response has traditionally been to just ignore it and keep on doing my own thing, but I can tell that's not working. Should I start roasting the person that brings it up? I'm not really one for personal insults, but if that's what it takes to win these exchanges I guess I don't really have a choice
3) what's the best way you've ever seen someone handle people giving them shit about their height? Comebacks, zingers, actions, whatever. If I have examples to draw from then maybe I can understand how to respond better
>>
>can someone explain to me why i get way more shit about my height than i ever did in high school

because the kids in high school grew up to be "adults" and are just as shitty as they were before. they are just older and have money.

shitty people stay shitty people, people don't just become nice because they got older.
>>
>3) what's the best way you've ever seen someone handle people giving them shit about their height?
not staring at their feet and getting red in the face like you do.
> If I have examples to draw from then maybe I can understand how to respond better
quit pouting you fucking baby
>>
Probably because you live in a ghetto or some shitty place full of shitty people.

I have never had anyone mention my height apart from some insecure manchildren and i'm fucking 5'5".
>>
If it's coming from your friends and they are real friendos then it's just banter. Every group as the one guy everyone roasts but still loves, and you are that guy. If you're really feeling touchy about it, you could tell them to stop doing it, but I wouldn't recommend it.

If it's coming from random people, they are just being ass holes. You should take what they say to heart. You said you are doing well in the female department, which matters more than the opinion of some random asshole. If you still want it to stop, you can get swole and use that as compensation.

t. Fellow manlet
>>
I look like I'm 5'10" and I've been told from someone I have "little man syndrome" lol
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.