[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else hate repeating themselves? Sometimes I'll say

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Anyone else hate repeating themselves? Sometimes I'll say something to someone and they won't hear me so naturally they ask what I said. And for some reason my brain says "Fuck it, don't repeat yourself" and I have to use my willpower just to do it. It makes no sense. Its easier to say a long sentence saying I don't want to repeat myself again then say it again.
I thought I was the only one who had moments like that but some girl i knew did the same thing. Is this a common problem?
>>
>>17657957
I've a mumbly growly gravel voice and if I chip into a conversation or make a remark it usually goes unheard the first time.

I can never be fucked to repeat myself which is probably some kind of arrogant autism. If I'm invested in the conversation I'll do it (and usually won't mumble anyway) but most of the small talk I do is so fucking boring that I don't even pick up my dropped words.

It's an awful habit but everyone knows me for doing it by now.
>>
>>17657984
Yea I have low speaking volume too which doesn't help.
>>
for me, it depends on who i'm talking to. i do talk quietly, but i find the people that actually give a shit about what i'm saying pay attention, and make an effort to hear me.

my mum for example, is an asshole and only likes the sound of her own voice. i have to repeat shit to her SO many times because she just does NOT pay attention. she won't stop what she's doing to listen. she won't stop running the tap water to hear me more clearly. she'll just yell at me to repeat myself over and over until i'm basically yelling at her, and it's exhausting.
>>
>>17657998
I know this feeling, it's even worse when people joke about my voice being to soft. If this happens I start to make sarcastic/ironic jokes of them and fuck the whole conversation up.
>>
>>17658002
It doesn't seem to matter to me. It happens with my SO the most. Thankfully she is understanding now that I explained the situation. But it just doesn't make any sense evolutionary or any other way.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.