[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This probably can be posted here but how do I improve my social

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1.jpg (96KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
96KB, 852x480px
This probably can be posted here but how do I improve my social gains as a 22y/o just starting university with 0 friends. I've tried clubs but how do I go from just hanging out with them at the club to getting invited to parties. I'm fairly autistic but I'm aware of it sometimes and I spent 19-21 with no social contact outside of people online on video games.

Also started working out a month ago so I can improve my looks
>>
>>17656745

Find people you have fun with and hang out with them.

Group projects and sitting arrangements will help you meet people.

Don't be scared of asking stuff before or after class, or for notes.

Don't be afraid to join a laid-back conversation in the classroom. Don't push into a small group, but join big conversations that span a big part of the class.
>>
>>17656745

Like most people say, it comes with experience. I'm not even an expert, but Ive seen how exposure to different kinds of people is a sort of rubric for dealing with people in similar categories of behavior.

In the most basic way you can talk and be inoffensive to anyone as long as you get them to talk about themselves for the majority of the conversation, and then occasionally commiserate about things you have in common. If you really want to impact people though, you need to surprise them. This can be in the form of humor or what they feel is an impressive observation, or an interesting piece of knowledge. If you can be funny to people, especially in a witty way rather than being a clown (which isn't terrible btw, people like clowns sometimes) they will think you are smart and start to harbor a certain respect for that. Same goes for if you surprise them with something they agree with. They will at least think you are on their level of intelligence and interest, and therefor a worthwhile conversationalist.

It all takes practice, but you may feel the desire to be really dry at first out of fear. You will need to overcome that at some point, because there is a whole class of people that don't totally vibe with you if you are too formal or get caught up in small talk. If you can be goofy though and "break" or lightly push the totally conventional norms of politeness with strangers in public, they will feel like you are chill and fun, and "their people".
>>
>>17656745
Try a club called Toast Masters. There are local meetups everywhere and it's freeeeeeeeee
>>
>>17657083
my city indeed has one but it's as some hospital and I'm not sure if I want to mingle with the locals around here since I hear they're awful and would prefer to stick to student based stuff

>>17656872
yeah I've noticed it will take practice but it's like cool people gravitate other cool groups of cool people and I don't even have a starting point to just bud into other people I don't even really know.

>>17656757
I've been doing this but I still don't know how to transition from doing school stuff with them into them inviting me out to parties/ doing other activities
>>
File: billybob.png (58KB, 207x211px) Image search: [Google]
billybob.png
58KB, 207x211px
>>17656745
20yo just started university here,

Clubs are really a hit or a miss, maybe its more of a numbers game. I've been to clubs where I feel completely out of place and left pretending to take a phone call and on the flipside ive had clubs where initiating conversation with a small group of people lead to me being invited to house chill sesh.

Heres what I do to take interesting people from just club members to a friends group:
- give them your phone and ask to add you on fb
- depending on the time of the club, ask said people if they want to go eat as a group after
Bonus: once you can remember all their names and talked to them more, I suggest hosting dinner at your house - college students are always eating bullshit like mcd and would love to eat home cooked food, even if its simple like pasta. This is assuming that you are able to invite people to your dorm/apartment

Good luck anon <3
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.