[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Girl lost interest because I'm too sensitive How do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3

File: 20160813_191708.jpg (188KB, 597x710px) Image search: [Google]
20160813_191708.jpg
188KB, 597x710px
>Girl lost interest because I'm too sensitive
How do I become a stoic ass nigga? BEE YOURSELF isn't doing me much favors.
>>
File: 1476059189363.png (153KB, 333x254px) Image search: [Google]
1476059189363.png
153KB, 333x254px
let me know what i'm working with
how sensitive we talking
>>
>>17656456
You don't need to stop being sensitive.
Learn to handle your emotions better - don't be a little bitch, learn to take a joke and criticism, don't get upset over everything, don't bitch without trying to find a solution.
Basically, grow up.

You will find a person who will appreciate your sensitivity, especially if you learn to handle it better than you are now.
>>
>>17656463
Tbh I have a feeling she gave me a cop out answer. The nature of work I do makes or breaks people in regard to handling criticism and "banter".
I'm not one of those self proclaimed nice guys but once I showed her I can be different from my usual playful dick routine, she wanted to be friends.
>>
>>17656474
>once I showed her I can be different from my usual playful dick routine

So you showed her you lied about yourself and she realized she didn't like the real you.

The problem is not your sensitivity, it's that you hid it from her.
>>
>>17656456
>Girl lost interest because I'm too sensitive

No she didn't.
>>
>>17656501
I wouldn't call that lying, people usually don't put every aspect of themselves on the table.
>>17656505
So you agree with the cop out answer theory and that it's another reason why?
>>
>>17656519
You're being intentionally vague.
>>
>>17656519
If you're not a playful dick but instead you're whatever you revealed to her then that's what you more or less should've been from the start. She would've known what she was getting into and neither of you would've wasted so much time.

"Fake it till you make it" is for one night stands.
>>
>>17656519

You don't have to hand out a list of your personality traits to everyone you meet, but if you hide aspects of yourself, then don't be surprised when someone changes their mind about you as they discover them.
>>
>>17656519
>people usually don't put every aspect of themselves on the table.

tbf this is true. you dont find out everything about someone in the first few dates. i think it was a cop out op. probably was another reason but she didnt want to say it. some people dont like to say the actual reason for breaking up because they dont want to hurt the person. too sensitive is a really vague reason to break up with someone.
>>
>>17656531
>my usual playful dick routine

The fact that he uses the word "routine" tells me it's not just "don't showing it all" and more about "playing a character"
>>
>>17656539
if he is "playing a character" then yeah, its a bit odd but i think everyone acts more reserved when they are first going out with someone.
>>
>>17656547

I get that. I'm not saying you have to be 100% honest about everything or you are a filthy liar. You can hide the fact you binge watch animes to wind down on the first few dates. But I can't go around talking about "nerds" that watch "cartoons" as if I didn't. Even if that's not a "lie", it's "false advertising".

But again, don't be surprised if people meet you expecting one thing, and when they get the whole truth they change their minds.
>>
>>17656539
Every male I know advises me to be a bad boy, that's why.
I don't like doing it but it's the only thing that gets me somewhere.
>>
>>17656570

Clearly it didn't get you anywhere, unless constantly playing a character is your goal.

Offer what you have to people that want that.
>>
>>17656570
its fucked up that it works. even girls who go on about wanting a nice guy are more attracted to bad boys. My ex wanted to fuck me when i acted like a bad boy, it pissed me off. all i wanted to do was talk about my feelings, cuddle, and fuck. why cant girls just admit that they like assholes/badboys?
>>
>>17656592
They don't, liar.
>>
>>17656570
Every male is telling you how to act around females?

What the fuck would they know?
>>
>>17656600
Are you implying the fish knows more about catching fish than the fisherman?
>>
>>17656597
then why are girls more interested in me, want to date me, want to fuck me if i act like an asshole/badboy? i would gain nothing from lying. it pisses me off. i want to be wrong.
>>
>>17656607
I'm implying the fish knows what it actually wants, and the fisherman are the ones guessing how to catch each individual fish.
>>
>>17656611
Stop going after shit women.
>>
>>17656592
The world is no country for the hopeless romantic anymore. We have to adapt but it will still hurt
>>17656586
The thing is that very few women want that
>>
>>17656625
i go after decent women though. they like the excitement. maybe women change as they get older but at my age they like bad boys. the excitement turns them on.
>>
>>17656637
>The thing is that very few women want that

Or maybe you are not nice. Maybe you only like girls with the values of a 15-years-old.

There are other options.
>>
>>17656638
Nah you go after shit women.

How do you define 'decent'?
>>
>>17656524
I'm vague because I'm being told vague things.
At first she told me she needed to work on herself before getting into a relationship, then we started going on dates and doing stuff like holding hands and at one point maked out with her but she stopped herself early because it was too much. Then she got cold and said we should be friends first because she doesn't know me that well, then it because strictly friends. Then she told me she's in love with a guy she hasn't seen for 3 years.
>>
>>17656613
You're right but you're also wrong.

The fisherman has experience with many fish and has to be able to catch several so he knows what will and won't work on most fish. The fish however knows only itself and has no real experience catching other fish.
>>
>>17656663
>she needed to work on herself

Sounds like she told you she had issues right off. Maybe you shouldn't internalize this one.
>>
>>17656666
Analogies are great when we don't know the fishermen who are talking to OP. His friends could all be as retarded as he is.
>>
>>17656672
The absolute madman, being intentionally unhelpful on an advice board.
>>
>>17656660
girls who are nice, caring, have aspirations/goals, decent career, interesting hobbies. how do you define decent? its not like a go for women thinking to myself "yeah, this girl likes assholes", i just notice they like assholes while i am in a relationship with them. your only argument is "meh, you're wrong"
>>
>>17656672
but their advice worked for OP, he caught the fish.

The problem here is that OP is a completely different type of fisherman, the techniques work fine but they simply aren't really for him and that's an issue.
>>
>>17656682
I just think using analogies, ever, makes a situation worse than it needs to be. The men OP is getting advice from may have /entirely/ different goals when hooking up with women, and their advice wouldn't get him what he wants if that's the case.
>>
>>17656686
>how do you define decent?
Mostly just the nice and caring thing, which can also vary in definition wildly depending on point of view.
>>17656688
>The problem here is that OP is a completely different type of fisherman
Agreed.
>>
OP maybe you could try describing the relationship, your ex and the way you acted in more detail and we might be able to help more.
>>
>>17656704
I already posted a rough timeline
>>
>>17656456
You're right, you are too sensitive. You're actually willing to change yourself for women.

Bad boys might exude confidence and excitement but a nice guy who exudes the same will always come out on top.
>>
>>17656456
its the mindset, you care too much
>>
>>17656723
>but a nice guy who exudes the same will always come out on top.

but what do women even find exciting? i just wanna chill and do easy stuff
>>
>>17656751
Self-security.
>>
>>17656751
Exciting people have hobbies they strive for, improve themselves, take every opportunity they can ("oh, free class this wed? sorry babe cant hang wednesday i wanna learn how to do this"), and generally do the things people don't want to put in effort to do.

If you just want to chill and do easy stuff, you will never be exciting. If that's something you can accept, go for it. I do suggest doing the above, not because it interests women, but because it might interest you. Remember, "for women" is never a reason.
>>
>>17656751
>When people post in a way where they're implying that they're me and ruin my thread
What I hate about this place
>>
>>17656760
i meant i wanna just chill and do easy stuff with women.

my hobbies are boxing and reading. i study alot for uni so i dont really have time for anything else. pretty much everyone i know does fuck all but play video games and drink so i feel like i am more "exciting" than most people i know, at least.

>>17656762
calm down. i never meant to sound like you if i did.
>>
>>17656760
>Exciting people have hobbies they strive for, improve themselves, take every opportunity they can ("oh, free class this wed? sorry babe cant hang wednesday i wanna learn how to do this"), and generally do the things people don't want to put in effort to do.

im the guy you where talking to. i re read this. all of the women i have dated didnt really care if i tried to improve myself.
>>
>>17656778
Lol, so? How many times do I have to say it, it doesn't matter if the women care or don't care. This is for you.

>>17656774
I think you're good. If you're talking about doing exciting things with women, just check out new places together, and don't be afraid of bending the rules a little bit to enter some places/do some things.
>>
Why are people acting like you can't be a playful dick and also be a sensitive person? OP wasn't lying about who he was by displaying both of these. If OP means playful dick in the way that I'm assuming then it's something most relationships have, good couples typically tease the fuck out of each other. It doesn't mean the dude is faking it and secretly a overly emotional bitch underneath with nothing else to offer.

An old co-worker and I were like this. I was a total cunt to her many times and appeared cold without it being an act. Nothing malicious, it was just the natural dynamic we developed. But I consider myself a sensitive guy too and would let that show from time to time with her, giving her a sentimental gift when I eventually left and that kind of shit.

Don't sweat it, OP. Okay, this chick has lost interest, it sucks but it happens. What you've posted doesn't even prove that it happened because you were too sensitive, I get the impression you're both just young and she doesn't really know what she wants. Maybe you fucking blew at making out, it could be anything but there's no point overthinking it. You assume she thought you weren't stoic enough because all the shit you've read on this site has convinced you that you're a beta if you show any traits that differ from a traditionally masculine, caveman mentality.

You have enough going for yourself that you attracted this chick in the first place. If you want to change your entire persona, then change, but you don't have to. Figure out what your strengths are and capitalise, for some girls your sensitivity will be one of them. Persevere and go crush some tail ya prick.
>>
>>17656898

Read the posts. Maybe it was OP, maybe it was not, but the whole Fisherman affair was about pretending to be a "jerk" to get girls because others say it works.

It's not about teasing, as you seem to assume.
>>
>>17656456

pretend to be someone else for the rest of your life. show even a shred of who you really are and she will dump you. yep, girls dont like sensitive guys, proven fact, its a sign of weakness and will dump you.

you might as well kill yourself if ur sensitive ayy lmao
>>
>>17656910

The teasing thing was just a general response to earlier posts that I interpreted as implying you can't be both stoic and sensitive (or pretty much any mix of traits). Whether OP was faking elements of his personality is something only he can answer and is irrelevant to my general advice that he just needs to recognise what his strengths are and exploit them.

OP needs to stop relying on other people to tell him how to "fish" or "game the system". Some things you just have to figure out on your own.
>>
>>17656456
did she tell you that? how are you implying that? if youre looking to date a whore then i understand.
>>
File: Stand the Test.jpg (174KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Stand the Test.jpg
174KB, 640x640px
I recommend taking her on your adventure and expressing that adventure of who you are to her. Don't make her the adventure tho or you're done.

There's no excuse for chasing her because you need sex or love. Be yourself, seriously, and keep growing and improving. Do things you like and show her you like doing those things. Don't just set aside who you are for a chance to get with her.

Eventually you'll find someone you have chemistry with. It's a necessary skill to show intimate vulnerability and sexual interest before routine sets in. Make your promises kinda early about who you are.
>>
>>17657293
Also, pro tip, when you've shown some sexual interest and you think you're ready to kiss her, get in close like you're gonna do it but then don't do it. All the sexual anxiety she has you disappears so when you go for the kiss again, if she likes you, it'll be super powerful and easy too. My current gf of 3yrs loved when I did that.
>>
>>17656456
lift weights, take antidepressants, stop being a faggot.
>>
>>17656456

You can't truly be yourself if you don't have control of your mind and view things realistically.

Emotions: I love this girl, she's everything i want in a girl.

Reality: I barely know her and i'm spilling my guts to her because she's attractive and giving me the time of day, there are 1million of other women out there.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.