[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How fast do you recover from having your wisdom teeth taken out?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Wisdom-Teeth.jpg (16KB, 365x265px) Image search: [Google]
Wisdom-Teeth.jpg
16KB, 365x265px
How fast do you recover from having your wisdom teeth taken out?

I'm getting mine taken out on Friday morning, but I have plans with someone on Sunday night. I'm only having the top two removed. Will that be enough time to feel alright to go out?
>>
>>17656036
Generally you can start flossing, spitting, brushing 24 hours after. This also includes normal day activities. But swelling could last as much as a week. Plans as in a friend doing some shizz, sure. But if it is a date or something reschedule.
>>
Probably yeah. You might have some lingering discomfort while eating but you should feel fine and have normal or close to normal energy levels.
>>
>>17656036
You should be okay. Your mouth will feel sore and your mouth might start swelling, but you can prob go out Sunday, unless it's some physical activity or date.
>>
If you've got opioids then probably yes
>>
>>17656036

got mine out a few months back. i slept through the first day or two, and only woke up to take my meds and use the bathroom. you might have limited opening in your mouth. i couldnt fit my toothbrush in(you should start brushing 24 after). if you cant, then gargle some warm saltwater. it should do a good enough job until you can brush again. as for how fast you recover, mine were healed in about 2 or 3 weeks(i mean COMPLETELY healed, with the holes closed up and jaw stiffness gone and all that). you should be okay to go out, but you need to be careful with what you eat. make sure you rinse with salt water or brush after you eat, because even if dry socket isnt an issue anymore, you can still get an infection. hope all goes well, and hopefully this helped a bit
>>
I think it really depends on your body. I know I had all of them removed, and I was out of it for 3 days, and still groggy 4-5th day. Friend of mine went out and got drunk and high the next night.
I would just reschedule until next week. You might have some swelling and don't want to fuck up your mouth. If this person is cool, they'll understand, maybe even come over and bring you jello
>>
You won't wanna go out. Just vegetate for a few days anon. Cancel sunday.
>>
>>17656036
Nope. I had four removed and I was out of it for a week on pain meds.
>>
>>17656115
>>17656512
>>17656528
>>17657377

I got mine taken out and was good to go less than an hour later. I think I only had three removed. Doc gave me three options for removal: completely knocked out, awake on painkillers, or on some crazy shit where you are awake, but not mentally there. I made the obvious choice to hallucinate the whole time and had no problems. I think that doc was just that good. I didn't even need to take anything after.
>>
>>17656036

nope.
>>
>>17656036
I would reschedule desu. Sometimes things get more complicated and it is possible to get an infection (I did). So to make sure it ends as quickly and painlessly as possible, do exactly as your doctor instructs. But yeah, I would reschedule. You'll probably still be in pain then and may still have a hard time talking, it will take the enjoyment out of things
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.