[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Agnostic >Me and new girlfriend talking about religion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1473767828649.png (4KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1473767828649.png
4KB, 500x500px
>Agnostic
>Me and new girlfriend talking about religion
>Told her I was agnostic, but I've studied a lot of religions, and that I liked some of the principles that you can apply to your life from some eastern religions like Taoism (more of a philosophy I know)
>She told me that she was "disgusted" that I believed in anything that "religions had to offer", whether or not its essentially harmless like Taoism, and went on a tirade about how religion has held the "worlds society" back, and needs to be eradicated
>Then she was nasty the entire day to me

So it seems that I've stepped on a cumblrette atheist landmine.

Relationship is only one a month in. Should I just cut my losses now?
>>
>>17655238

How about you just stop talking about religion.
>>
run forest run
>>
>>17655238

you are missing out on some mad fun.

Just make her keep getting madder and madder. Offer her a great date on sunday, then take her to church.
>>
Give it another go, but she sounds immature and stupid as fakdefinitely not longterm worthy. For what it's worth ,keep getting your dick wet
>>
>>17655246
KEK my sides have arrived at the pearly gates
>>
>>17655246

Or Better yet, offer her a mix tape of songs that make you think about her.

its a mixtape of liturgical chants

example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnUpV7iuL10
>>
>>17655243
I had no intention of discussing religion with her, but she forced the subject. I never talk about religion, even online.

But its pretty concerning how "hardcore" of a atheist she seems to be. She sounded fucking militant lmao.

>>17655246
kek
>>
I am agnostic but spiritual and like a lot of bits from hinduism, christianity, buddhism, and taoism as well. She obviously has extremely black and white thinking, and her overly emotional reaction is a huge red flag. She's gonna be a train wreck, move out of the way.
>>
>>17655238
Pretty shitty thing to go ballistic on you about, has she done that with any other topic?

Though she's already shown such a lack of critical thinking, decency and composure with such an obviously touchy subject that I would skedaddle ASAP.
>>
>>17655238
>She told me that she was "disgusted" that I believed in anything that "religions had to offer
she is a child and has still some growing up to do.
>>
>>17655238
Wow she's a keeper OP
The excesive hatred, the lumping it all under her narrow view and dismissing you and calling it disgusting, and the childish nasty treatment. Are you into dating a edgy 14 year old?
>>
I used to be one of those hardcore religiphobic atheists, and now I'm ashamed I ever was. Almost anything you can self-identify as that ends in "-ist" is a declaration to the world that you are a close-minded person. Now it is partially true that religion as we know it has been used as a tool of social engineering, but the way that I see it, religion is half mythology, half mind control. I take the mythology and leave the mind control. Full disclosure, I believe in a higher power but It's not a belief that's especially important to me.

I'm not sure what advice I would offer in regards to OP's girl problem. If the rest of the relationship is going smoothly then I would just avoid theological discussions and roll with it. But if she's going to behave nastily toward you just for holding a different worldview, and if you're a person who values open-mindedness, then you may just have stumbled across a deal breaker.
>>
>>17655258
never date someone that's pushy about religion, it's not worth it. they're usually pigheaded and selfish in other ways too.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.