[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /adv/, I feel funny. I am 20 and I fear I may have schizophremia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (54KB, 527x549px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 527x549px
Hello /adv/, I feel funny. I am 20 and I fear I may have schizophremia and I want to know if you guys believe I should get professional help.

A brief description of how things are going for me: I have been depressed for as long as I remember, and last November after I ceased attending classes to write a shit novel I dropped acid in which I believed I came into contact with God or a god or something which told me I had schizophrenia and that I was to become a great figure, and a lot of weird things like God controls everything about life to every last little detail and gave me very strange specific commands. For the next couple months I was in anguish questioning the reality of this and feared for the worst, that the world was ending or I had fallen into hell or even that some group brainwashed me.

Well, I got better and started going to classes after living with my parents for a couple months again but now emotions are beind drained from me more and more as I spend more and more time alone, with more and more fear others can read my mind though I can reasonably deny it and with ever-increasing strange "coincidences" happening to me.

Anyway, I think this suffices for now. Could you please let me know if you think this is serious and if you think professional help is urgent, if I don't get replies I here will perhaps try elsewhere.

You could try telling me I'll be fine and I am only blowing this out of proportion mentally, but I don't believe denial will stand as a good strategy anymore
>>
Denial - no. Acceptance - yes. Live your schizophrenic life, live it happily, yes.
>>
Hey op!

I have suffered from schizophrenia and paranoid ideation before. I had a similar religious-themed experience, and feared that people could read my mind. It was a terrifying experience on the whole; extremely stressful. I am now fully recovered and studying medicine.

Your LSD trip triggered schizophrenia. You may continue to have these thoughts about mind reading, being given commands, and these coincidences that you feel must be related or caused by something other than chance for a while. When you have them, it's important to remember and to tell yourself 'hey, this is schizophrenia. you are okay, and everything is alright'. Read this site and use the information in the 'About IFS' tab as well-

https://www.selfleadership.org/outline-of-the-Internal-family-systems-model.html

I strongly suggest that you see a therapist (NOT PSYCHIATRIST), and avoid taking medication. Your case is not one where medication will be of use- it should only be used for patients who's delusions are so profound that they will probably never break out of them and back into reality. All antipsychotic medications currently on the market have severe side effects - and they don't address the root of the problem, which is internal and can be resolved with therapy, talking to yourself, and changing the way you think. Many therapists will recommend medication because this is what's taught in school. Unfortunately it doesn't really help patients, but when the only tool you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

I wish you the best of luck, OP. You can do this :)
>>
>>17655201
Thanks, anon, that is really helpful. I hope I can find a free or cheap university-related therapist so maybe I can leave my room or something once in a while..

The only problem is my experience during the trip I believe told me I had schizophrenia so I fear even the development of it is also a development of something sinister like an apocalyptic prophecy or an indication I'm in hell or in some transitionary state, and sometimes I believe I'm in hell for something I may have done in a past life.

No matter how much I try to convince myself these thoughts are crazy I can't seem to shake them, they are always present in my daily life.

I will follow this advice then if I can manage the courage to talk to a therapist. Maybe I can do one little thing that puts me into a position where I am obligated to see one..
>>17655175
Thanks I really try to live a happy life but happiness isn't exactly something that makes sense to me anymore besides as a very fleeting sense of wellbeing
>>
File: 1474675356262.jpg (37KB, 360x479px) Image search: [Google]
1474675356262.jpg
37KB, 360x479px
>>17655163

>I fear I may have schizophremia and I want to know if you guys believe I should get professional help.

If you think you have schizophrenia you need professional help.

End of thread. You're welcome.
>>
>>17655201
Listen to this guy ALL BUT the anti-medication part.

Good psychiatrists are your friends, OP
>>
>>17655219
the fact that you recognize these thoughts are irrational means you're in a really good position for recovery. please don't delay in reading that site, and do look into schizophrenia treatment on your own as well. :) i believe in you op
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.