[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, I recently got my hair dyed red on top and got a lip piercing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

File: aa2.png (1MB, 800x901px) Image search: [Google]
aa2.png
1MB, 800x901px
Hi, I recently got my hair dyed red on top and got a lip piercing but now that I look in the mirror I am afraid that I come across very differently to most people, and it doesn't necessarily reflect on who I am as a person.
I'll keep it vague but my interests, personality, political stances, demeanor, and background aren't typical of the person who chooses this kind of look. The hair and piercing I can easily change and remove if the negatives are overwhelming.
Do I look very stereotypical? Would my relations with other hurt, in terms of them approaching me and being open to me? Are bad assumptions of me to be expected now in school, work, and casual settings? Could I keep one feature and get rid of the other? Or scrap it all together? Thanks.
>>
Um... If I must be honest, you do look a litlle bit... Classless. I must say that the hairstyle's problem isn't that it's flashy - it's just not well done and it's something that's been fashionable around 2003. Additionally, the eye makeup isn't done very well - the lines are messy, they're not blended in. Your lipstick is very shiney and a totally different shade than your hair (your hair is kinda orange, the lipstick - raspberry) so the hair look washed out. The earrings are a very strong accent too, and I feel they're just too much. Too much of everything. Honestly when I look at you a 2003 popstar wannabe is the thing that comes to my mind. I'm not trying to be mean or rude, but really, I think the worst thing on this photo is your makeup. Watch some tutorials. You are very pretty and it seems like you're just hurting yourself with this Russia-level fashion.
>>
Is that actually you? You look like a clown
>>
Honestly it's not a good look. The lip piercing might look okay if you get rid of the red in your hair. Also loose the hoop earrings and use a brown eyeshadow as liner for the bottoms of your eyes. You're pretty and you have potential!
>>
File: grl.jpg (45KB, 564x707px) Image search: [Google]
grl.jpg
45KB, 564x707px
Like, look at this girl. She has a similar makeup philosophy and similar color scheme to yours, just well done. A well-done makeup, strong, but not overdone. It's matte so it doesn't come off as too flashy. The lipstic color fits the hair and the complexion, same with the eyeshadows. Natural eyebrows. The hair is dyed in a way that is fashionable nowadays. She keeps it simple with the accessories, because her overall image is pretty strong on its own. As a result, she maintains the original look but doesn't look vulgar.
>>
>>17654914
Hey, thank you. Yes, my makeup was done poorly I agree, I am Russian---funny enough. I tried to pair silver from my lip to more silver. I was completely oblivious that people notice these details. Thank you for the critique, I thought my hair was cool, but I see I gotta do some reading and reconsidering. I was trying to do a muted gothy look but, I fucked up. Someone else said I look "myspace 2003", it must be true then.
>>
File: robsmith.jpg (39KB, 840x630px) Image search: [Google]
robsmith.jpg
39KB, 840x630px
>>17654887
You look that that drunken, road hard, mid-60 year old woman you see at concerts that's trying to fool herself and everyone that she still has it and is in her 20's.

Don't be that lady OP. Correct this. You're better than that trashy look.
>>
Why do people still think it's okay to line their entire eye like that
>>
File: eye.jpg (182KB, 554x1639px) Image search: [Google]
eye.jpg
182KB, 554x1639px
>>17654929
Hey, it's okay Anonette. I think the lip piercing is very cute and that you just need to read up about makeup. There's a lot of theory of colors and tricks that are not obvious and I've learnt and improved a lot just by watching some tutorials on Pinterest.
I honestly think your hair will look okay with a proper makeup and simple, classy clothes. Just one thing - get rid of those earrings. They just scream "A cheap ho". Forget about them. Only black chicks can pull those off.
>>
File: 2a2a2.png (1MB, 1084x450px) Image search: [Google]
2a2a2.png
1MB, 1084x450px
>>17654925
I was trying to do a more muted look with the hair on the right and ring on the left. I dress more muted and neutral as well in plain clothes as to not further whatever my face is trying to say. I realize maybe I did a few things wrong along the way.
>>17654934
Being compared to old Robert is all I needed to know. I think I know what you're talking about--sounds like I should be sucking Bret Michael's dick or something.
>>17654940
I don't usually, but I really fancy it and will try and do a better and more mindful job of it.
>>17654922
Thank you, I will read up more on the eyeliner problem, and redo the hair.
>>
No one will take you seriously with that look. Unfortunately that's reality- we judge people on their appearances- it's part of life. Ditch the makeup, take out the lip ring, and dye your hair a natural color if you ever want to be taken seriously or spoken to like an adult.
>>
>>17654979
>dye your hair a natural color
But not black. Jet black is obviously not your natural hair colour, and it just looks trashy and bad.
>>
Also, for future - you have kind of a rounded face, so I'd advise against this kind of fringe. If you want a sexy look you'll want a haistyle that will make your face look slim, not suqare and fat.
>>
If the black and red in the hair were the other way around, it'd look better.
That eyeliner is horrible and that lipstick is just the wrong colour. If you plan to keep the red in your hair, don't ever plan on wearing lipstick other than the same colour as your hair, or nude.
Like he others have said, those earrings have got to go.
I'm also not a fan of the haircut itself, or at least the way you have it styled. I think having it off your face would look better
>>
>>17654973
I didn't think at first that makeup should be such a big investment, so I used bad methods and products, and thinking my shitty job will be fine if people don't look too closely at me. I thought the hoops were sexy--you are right, about them, they're not the best. I will work to tone down everything with my clothing---it is in the same vein as the hoops sometimes, so if the hoops are wrong then I gotta change a few other things I thought were right. Thank you.
>>
>>17654989
>I will work to tone down everything with my clothing
What do you mean? Unless you dress a certain way, you've never going pull off this hair. The hair is part of the whole aesthetic, there'll be something off about your whole appearance if you don't dress to match.
>>
>>17654979
I understand, I'm just trying to see to what degree people will judge. I'm more interested in the first contact and assumption, anything past the initial glance I can easily secure and control favorably at no issue.
>>17654983
Black is the best fitting color for me in all instances, my natural hair color was blonde then brown. Blonde looks bad on me and brown offends me.
>>17654988
I wanted the reverse but my ends were dyed and wouldn't receive any color. I'll do everything as you've said, the bangs I am unsure of since I am a big fan of them and have heard favorable things, as well as had them for a long period of time. I will consider a more round-face fitting style.
>>
>>17654977
I want to fuck the black haired one.
>>
>>17654887
Your lips are too big for red lipstick. Please. From one girl to a other. Ladies. Stop with red lipstick if you have big lips.
>>
>>17655013
Black is too harsh and washes. I promise you, it is not flattering on you. Those bangs are also not flattering. I get it, you saw some other girls look a certain way and want to emulate them, but you need to accept that what may look good on one person may not look good on you.

Also remember that your appearance says a lot about you. Like >>17654979 said, no one is going to take you seriously looking like that - no matter what your personality is like.
>>
>>17654995
Well, my plan was that I would have this "outrageous" face and hair, and have simple clothes to balance it a bit. By simple clothes I meant, solid color and coordinating minimalist pieces with few accessories. I can dress the part, but I just thought the former was a better alternative.
>>
>>17655020
The size of her lips are fine, it's the shade of red, the fact that they're glossy, and just the rest of what's going on with her appearance.
>>
There is a reason why there's "Fashion from Russia" fanpages all over the world lol.
>>
>>17655027
I really don't see that working. If you look striking from the shoulders up, you have to look striking from the shoulders down. Otherwise, it just looks odd IMO. Like that turtleneck you're wearing, it's like you're 'Myspace goth' from the neck up and 'frumpy librarian who's not confident in her skin' from the neck down. If you're going to do your hair and makeup like that, it's an 'all or nothing' sort of situation
>>
File: 1464687540654.jpg (51KB, 350x392px) Image search: [Google]
1464687540654.jpg
51KB, 350x392px
>>17654887

If the way you look makes you feel good about yourself then don't worry. Everyone sees things differently. If you wear makeup some will call you a whore. If you don't wear makeup some will call you a lazy slag. If you wear short skirts some will call you a slut. If you wear long ones some will call you a boring prude.

It doesn't matter. You could be a flat, beige square with arms and legs and some people would still find a reason to criticize you.

No matter how you look some people will think poorly about you and making it your personal responsibility to control how everyone perceives you is a shitty slippery slope to no where.
>>
>>17655020
I thought the whole point of red/dark lipstick was to put on big lips, compared to putting them on thin lips where it accentuates the thinness.
>>17655032
Yeah, it's just more of a deal of me just getting to live on my own and turning 21 and making this decision to experiment with a warped perception of what I consider to look cool and sexy. I live in California so whore fashion and bad fashion is pretty common.
>>17655038
Well, my issue is that I have very big breasts and them in a sweater was their own accessory, I figured. I try to be just a bit more modest with my tops in color and style and such because such few fit me correctly and I usually make them all very promiscuous without meaning to. I will try out dressing to fit my face and see how people respond to it, I was into metal music most of my life and just tried to do more classy and feminine looks, but then I caved recently and did this thing to my face.
>>
>>17655057
Are you overweight, by any chance?
>>
>>17655043
I understand this, I have no issue of people thinking good of me after they get to know me, but the few steps before that can happen interests me, as to how far people do think unfavorably of me. If it's black and white, or more lax. So far a few people pointed out obvious problems I couldn't see like makeup, that's just an objective truth.

Thanks, you make me worry a little less.
>>
>>17655067

Yes, there's nothing wrong with using outside perspectives to hone your look and how you want to present yourself but I think my point is just don't get lost in the details of people pleasing.
>>
>>17655061
No, I have a moon face and very large breasts run in the family, the rest of me is pretty normal, I don't look too strange because I'm tall and all the weight is pretty evenly distributed as an hourglass. I have very Slavic genes, the farmer woman that beats the man with rolling pin kind of deal.
>>
>>17655076
Thanks, I will take your advice to heart, I just got shocked at how different I looked at the end of all that I did, scared me and I thought others would be equally appalled and everything was for nothing. They robbed me of 250 dollars for this haircut, I better not look too stupid, lol.
>>
>>17655082
I ask because your shoulders look very round in your photos.
>>
>>17654887
I want to see that lipstick on my penis so bad
>>
>>17655094
Yeah, my arm looks very fat in that photo, I was hunched over trying to get a good face angle. Reminding me to work out.
>>
>>17655100
Is your dick a cool or warm undertone?
>>
>>17655122
I...im not sure. How do I find out?
>>
>>17655123
Are your dick veins mostly green or blue?
>>
Drop the lipstick, the lip ring, the earrings and go easier on the eye shadow.

Besides that you look fine, but yea what an overkill
>>
>>17655143
Why the lip ring and not the hair?
>>
File: Chick 19.jpg (104KB, 500x661px) Image search: [Google]
Chick 19.jpg
104KB, 500x661px
I think it would be best to create sort of a mood board with inspirations and then think about why it looks good and what you like about it.
Here's mine, perhaps not exactly your stile, it's just to illustrate what I have in mind
https://pl.pinterest.com/trashcancat/all-those-girls-with-dark-makeups/
>>
>>17655160
the lip ring and hair are the least bad looking. all else should go, in my opinion. post a pic without the lipstick. seriously bright red lipstick looks terrible, i dont know how women haven't dropped that stuff
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.