[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My coworkers roast me on a daily basis and I never have any comebacks.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Me.jpg (1MB, 3021x2014px) Image search: [Google]
Me.jpg
1MB, 3021x2014px
My coworkers roast me on a daily basis and I never have any comebacks.
What do I do, /adv/? I hate working at my job because of this.
>>
>>17654593
What kind of job is it?
>>
>>17654601
a kitchen
>>
File: CtzzDGKUsAAZllj.jpg (125KB, 900x1200px)
CtzzDGKUsAAZllj.jpg
125KB, 900x1200px
>>17654620
I know what you're going through. When I worked at Safeway a guy much younger than me would constantly harass me. I ended up talking to the manager about this and ended up getting fired. Being told to "suck a bag of dicks" for no reason is just out of bounds. I also worked a construction job and was physically threatened by an ex-con. He warned that when I least suspect it, he would "slit my throat". Give me a specific insult that they've hurled at you. Maybe we can work towards a peaceful resolution.
>>
Develop thick skin. They'll leave you alone if you don't cry about it
>>
>>17654687
That's not always the case. Some people are legit psychopaths and need to be dealt with in a certain manner.
>>
>>17654693
Yea but I dont think talking shit with the boys makes someone a psychopath. And how do you plan on "dealing with" someone for calling you names.ho
>>
I used to be a total outsider and I was bullied a lot. Then I realised that the way I acted only fueled the bad emotions towards me. Most of the people would advise me to talk back or ignore this shit. But one day instead of doing that I started... laughing with the people. I started to talk back but in a funny manner. I started engaging conversations. Turns out I've been taking a lot of shit too seriously. It's not about ignoring, it's about not caring. You basically have to force yourself to act as if they were your friends, and I'm not talking about giving up on your dignity or acting beta, quite the opposite. Sulking is the worst answer you can give.
>>
I've been there. This kind of stuff happens in low lovel jobs that don't require a degree (such as kitchens). It's basically a continuation of high school.

Long story short, this is the best advice >>17654763 , but if the insults are very frequent or pretty severe then you might have to threaten to beat some ass or quit your job. Can you give us an example of what they say to you? Do you get significantly more insults than everyone else?

As crazy as this might sound, you may have a big ego without even realizing it and you're taking it all too personally. Thats the problem with me sometimes.
>>
>>17654701
No of course that doesn't make someone a psychopath. We need some details on what is happening.
>>
>works in a kitchen
>People giving you shit

First you should understand working in a kitchen is kind of like working on a boat. You fuck around and swear and joke but you do work when needed.

Second, I doubt they literally just target you and don't rip on each other.

Op stop being a beta cuck and just banter with them.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.