[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Say I have an ethnic name and go by a nicname that sounds like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

Say I have an ethnic name and go by a nicname that sounds like a regular name ie: Alex. At what point would I reveal that like on the first date do I just btw my name's actually so and so I go by Alex because no one can pronounce my name. I had a friend look at my dl the other day and they were honestly shocked my real name was different from what they knew I told them I only go by my name with family and honestly old friends from school call me by that name. Is it weird to not tell people or something?
>>
plenty of people go by nicknames. I went by Sophie from pretty much birth-the end of hs but my real name is Josefa; people would find out and be surprised but it's easily explained and they get over it within like 30 seconds. I think you're only obligated to reveal your "real" name if it happens to come up naturally.
>>
>>17654172
Sooner rather than later. There's no reason not to.

I'm sure she won't give a shit.
It really doesn't matter when you say it. But I would say it sooner rather than later, just to play it safe.

What is your real name?
>>
>>17654190
That makes sense it just seemed like people think I keep it a secret like a middle name
>>17654199
Ozomatli I go by Mat
>>
>>17654237
>mat

you should format your posts better, no offense.
When I first read it, I thought your nickname was Alex.

>ozomatli

What is the background on that name?(ethnicity etc.)
Is that jewish or greek or something?
>>
>>17654253
I meant Ie: as in example, sorry if that was confusing mobile reply box is so tiny. It's Nahuatl the almost dead language of the Aztec lots of Mexican Americans throw back to it to pretend they haven't lost touch with their culture.
>>
>>17654272
that's a cool ass name

at least you have a nickname that works with your name.
I have a "ethnic" name(kind of), but there are no nicknames that work with it.
>>
>>17654172

Why not introduce yourself by your real name and then adding "but you can call me x if you want"? Truths out in the open, and they can use whichever feels more comfortable.
>>
>>17654299
It means monkey and seriously don't google it because there's a band with same name. It's bad. What's your name?
>>
>>17654313
Well that makes sense for a first meeting but I mean when my friends set me up on a date or talking to a coworker after our boss takes them through the office and introduces me as Mat? Is it weird to just bring it up or instead to never bring it up?
>>
>>17654321
kiran

my parents are fucking retards

it's an indian name(i'm not indian), and while some (indian) guys have the name(at least according to google), it seems to be overwhelmingly used to name females(I'm not a female).

so yeah, I don't know what made my parents think that was a good idea.
I'm not entirely sure if it was my mom's idea or my dad's, but I'm guessing it was my mom's.

what makes it worse, is that they give my brother a completely normal name.
makes no sense.
>>
>>17654483
Oh they didn't give you much to work with but it's not awful at least you don't have a middle name? My brothers have normal names too they're named after my grandpas/dad but I was last.
>>
>>17654508
I do have a middle name.

It's normal though, as far as I know.
You wouldn't have heard it before, but at least it sounds like an actual name. Not some hippy shit.
>>
>>17654541
Go by your middle name my eldest brother is named Michael Louis, Louis being my dads name and he goes by Louis no one ever calls him Mike.
>>
>>17654577
>go by your middle name

lol, I can't.
it works as a middle name, and only a middle name.
>>
>>17654583
I knew this guy in HS every one called him by his last name because his name was really long.
>>
>>17654594
I would hate to have that happen.

what was his name?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.