[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a guy who's in a relationship with a girl that's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (194KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
194KB, 1920x1080px
I'm a guy who's in a relationship with a girl that's not from my background at all. We get along well but my family keeps telling me it's a shitty idea and that I'm going to regret it after a while. I've tried as hard as I could to convince them that she's a good girl, her race isn't that huge of an issue but they insist I should stick to my own race. Help me out /adv/, am I wrong for falling in love with a girl from another country? We don't share the same culture at all but I like her like I've never liked any girl before.
>>
Your cultural background doesn't matter at all in a relationship. You're the one who wants to date her and not your family so their input shouldn't bother you.
>>
>>17653583
Yes but I'm looking towards a long term kind of thing, maybe marriage later on if things go well. I really like her but my parents aren't too keen on her upbringing. She's black, I'm white and she comes from a relatively uneducated family. It doesn't bother me honestly, but my parents told me I'll regret it when I realise I could've been with 'better women in my league'. I feel bad because I don't know who to listen to.
>>
>>17653570
if you are independent and live on your own who gives a shit but if you live with or depend on your family for shit they got you by the balls and nothing you can say or do will convince them otherwise.

Married to a different race from a totally different culture and language. Once we figured out how to not get upset because of cultural differences and misunderstanding because of language it has been awesome but I live 1000 miles away from any of may family so don't give a shit.
>>
>>17653618
I'm still studying and working while with my parents, can't really live independently yet. My relationship with my parents isn't exactly the best, we disagree a lot, but they really love me and helped me out in everything (except my relationship). They told me if I wanna stay with her then I gotta expect to support myself, they will provide zero support for my decision, unless I somehow get her to go into school and get a degree (she works at a starbucks and serves coffee, which really makes my parents not approve of it). Generally my parents do not approve because of the fact she's black (I come from a mostly all white family), she doesn't have the same education as me nor did we really spend a lot of time together yet.

What do you think?
>>
Bump. Any help really is appreciated.
>>
>>17653752
The education thing is a big thing. Is she living alright?
>>
>>17653629
Working at Starbucks is not a career. If she has no education, what are her goals? The different culture is a big deal if she is used to people getting welfare,always poor, no education etc etc. it doesn't always correlate but more doyen then not it does. If don't know this already then you are young and dumb and don't know enough about the girl to even be so considering this yet
>>
>>17653806
She has education up until grade 6. Her parents couldn't really afford to educate her all the way. They tell me it's shameful that I'm considering her as an option but I don't know I really love her. She's not dumb, she can read and write but she isn't really qualified for anything except physical work or serving at a restaurant. Do you think convincing her to try to get into community college or something like that could be a good idea? I'd be willing to teach her myself even if it meant I could be with her.
>>17653764
She's living well. Her goals are to mostly provide for her family an to live well. She wants to have kids. That's about as much as I got from her really.
>>
helpe pls.
>>
>>17653833
Living well and proving for family is not a goal that's a given unless the they are bad people ya know?

Why doesn't she want to get into community college on her own? Why hasn't she had goals of her own if she is not held back by her background?

I'm not saying this can't work but there are reasons why major cultural differences impede romantic relationships.

I've been there to small extents and the girl came from a really downtrodden Latin family and I am by no means well off but the differences between and my family upbringing were so vast that she would rather be comfortable with welfare, unsanitary housing, and was very fond of ignorance like she thought basic shit was "being an egg head" so you gotta think of these things and again if you don't know her that well then do your own thing there is no law that says you have to live with her, you can always get your own place and set boundaries while you develop yourself. Also if she is so much less then you you will be stuck explaining shit to her ALL the time and it will suck
>>
>>17654164
Shes too poor Atm to afford college. You do raise some real good points though, but as I said she isnt that dumb.
>>
>>17653586
Fuck you're parents. It's your life so do what you want. And don't try to seek their approval either, the only approval that you need is your own. It sounds like they're just being racist cunts. If things work out then that's that and if they don't then you simply try again.
>>
>>17654408
>she isn't that dumb
that's not the point, mate. a healthy relationship is one where both parties can provide for each other and themselves. her background and culture isn't a problem, it's her lack of not being able to properly provide and interact due to a lack of education. if providing for her family and having kids really is her "goal" then this also impedes on her as well. you need to convince her to go back to school and get a proper degree, and help her out if you want/need to, but if she refuses then it's either best to break it off or continue to be an idiot falling for an unstable relationship that'll most likely not work in the long run. she needs an actual education and job for a healthy long term relationship, Starbucks ain't gonna cut it, mate. It's fine that you want to be with her but she needs to get her shit together and show that she's willing to put in the work to make it work for both you and herself. also, by her doing this she'll also be demonstrating to your parents that she's "worthy" of you and they'll be more prone to accepting her despite the racist view. although your parent's stance on the matter doesn't actually matter since it's your love like and they have no right or need to interfere with it. from their education standpoint I can actually understand and relate though. I'd never want my kid to end up with some person with no real education, goals, or future.
>>
>>17653570
well do u want to have a happy 5-10 years or do you want to be happy for the rest of your life? theyre thinking about 20-30 yrs from now.
>>
>>17653570
OP are you brown? If you are you have a long ass fight ahead of you if you really go through with it but it`ll be worth it
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.