[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've been dating this girl for about 3 weeks now and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

So I've been dating this girl for about 3 weeks now and am totally in love with her because we share practically all of the same interests.

The only problem is that I'm pretty sure she's like a direct descendent of Leonardo da Vinci and Mona Lisa (she kind of looks it too) because she is absolutely stellar at literally everything she does.
And I'm not saying that through love goggles; she's fucking brilliant, and it kind of makes me sick.

She completely dominates me in all of my 'skills', even the two things I champion myself in.
And the things that I'm bad at (maths and the like), she maintains straight As.
She's just really fucking good at everything she does, and I have yet to find a fault.

Usually this kind of thing is a major turn off for me, but something about her makes me want to apply myself more and see if I can catch her wave.

I feel like I'm putting up a facade when I'm around her. Not that I haven't been being myself but like- I don't understand why she likes me. I'm convinced she thinks I'm someone else.
She seems to be really into me too, which adds to my confusion.

Has anyone had to deal with anything similar?
Did it result in you becoming a better person, or the partner dumping you because you were inadequate?
>>
bump again
TL;DR
>girl I'm dating is way smarter than me and I've been feeling inferior
>>
bumping one more time before I let it die
>>
>>17651214
Have you told her about this? Maybe you can take advantage on this situation and improve yourself. The chances you are dating a genius are low but if you are doing so enjoy it and be happy man.
>>
What do you want us to do about this

I'm serious, what do you want us to say
>>
I haven't had the same experience where a partner is amazing at everything, but I have been envious of successes my partner gets that I don't. Both of us are in research, and my boyfriend has been getting consistent scholarships throughout his PhD while I've been kinda hit or miss. It frustrates me but I get through it because he has other things he struggles with where I excel.

I think it depends on your personality. Are you the competitive/jealous type? If you are, then even if you keep applying yourself you might not be able to be as good as/better than her, and you'll end up feeling frustrated. If you're happy with doing well at what you do well then I think you'll be fine.

I think it's nice though that she inspires you to push yourself though. That's a rare quality in a relationship. Just make sure it doesn't make you feel like you have to be good at everything.

I'm sure there are things that are less objective that you might be great at. Things like being caring, a good listener, and most importantly making your partner happy, aren't graded or given concrete awards.

I hope this helps!
>>
Break up with her and tell her it's because you're an insecure bitch.

Seriously though, what do you want us to say?
>>
>>17651492
I haven't, but I'm thinking about bring it up tomorrow in a sort of "you're a better version of me in every way, I want you to show me how to be you" thing.
I'll rethink the sentence but that's the jist.

>The chances you are dating a genius are low but if you are doing so enjoy it and be happy man.
I don't think she's a genius genius, but she outperforms me in all of the things I'm passionate about and it irks me. Trust me, I'm enjoying it but I can't get over the feeling of wanting to be better for her (and me).

>>17651498
>What do you want us to do about this
Reread the last two sentences.
>>
>>17651513
Wtf why would anyone ask that. Anyone who isn't a faggot anyway
>>
>>17651501
>It frustrates me but I get through it because he has other things he struggles with where I excel.

See I bet this is the case. I'm probably not conscious of whatever it is that she appreciates about me.

But like, the things that I've wanted to be really good at my entire life are things she's sufficiently better at than me. It's part of the reason I fell in love with her, but it's kicking me. I want to cooperate with her and create things together. I want it to be mutual.
>>
Also
>>17651501
>Are you the competitive/jealous type?
Yes and no. It's all internal if I am. I'm happy with staying inferior to her to be honest.

I want to see her succeed in everything she does, but is it selfish to want to be there myself?

Until I met her these were "my things." Now my things don't seem to matter.
>>
>>17651214
I wish I had this problem, all the girls I've dated are dumb as shit and frankly it's irritating having to explain simple shit to them and not come off as an ass

Be happy OP, if anything discuss it with her, she'll probably admit to being shitty to something.
For example I'm considered smart by most people, and im very shit to mediocre at things I can't think through like video games and some sports
>>
>>17651560

Anon, in life you'll always find someone who will be better than you at your things, and you just have to accept it. But if they're "your thing" you're going to be better than a lot of people anyway, it's not like they suddenly don't matter or that you can't succeed at them.

>>17651563

I agree with this anon - I doubt the girl is perfect at everything and I'm sure she's insecure with some stuff as well.
>>
>>17651492
>The chances you are dating a genius are low
Not really. By definition, 2% of the population is at the genius level, so not bad.
>>
>>17651584
>Anon, in life you'll always find someone who will be better than you at your things.
It's not about her being better than me, it's about me having something to offer back. Pardon the innuendo, but I'd love to be able to fill her gaps. I don't want to feel like I'm in her shadow all the time.
>I doubt the girl is perfect at everything and I'm sure she's insecure with some stuff as well.
I don't think she's perfect at everything, but she's definitely better than me at everything.
I'm sorry about how silly this is. Reading up.
>>
>>17651658
>>17651658

You can give back to her by supporting her, being kind etc - that's already a big thing. I'm not sure what your "things" are but your value in a relationship doesn't come solely from your occupation.

It's also possible that she seems better than you at everything but as you get to know her better she might actually not be.

It sounds like you're insecure about yourself because of this. As aforementioned, there's probably something she's not good at that you can help with. Like if she sucks at cooking you can make dinners for her once in a while or whatever. As you spend more time with her you'll find out what she needs help with. But don't let it stop you from doing your thing.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.