[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, /adv/! So, I'm sort of at a loss of what to bring with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (738KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
738KB, 3264x2448px
Hey, /adv/! So, I'm sort of at a loss of what to bring with me as I move out of my parents house.

I've got a good portion of my clothes, an air mattress, my bed clothes, and toiletries.

I'm moving into an old college friend's apartment. She's being really, really kind. Not only is she letting me stay at her and her boyfriends apartment in the second room, she is also trying to hook me up with a job at her hometown.

Is there anything else I should bring with me? What will be the best ways to make it up to her while I stay there the first month free of charge?
>>
Keep everything clean, offer to pay for (half) the groceries and cook her food. In addition, treat her to dinner (with her boyfriend, if you suspect they don't have the kind of relationship where her having diner with a male friend would be seen as innocent) if you do find a job thanks to her.
>>
>>17649860
I'm female so everything is good on that end. Thanks for the suggestion too! I'll totally have to treat them to dinner. I don't know if she'll want me to cook for her, she's very happy cooking her own meals, but I'll try to get her to let me.

I don't know how I'd feel about treating them both to dinner and being there. After I get a job I will be paying rent, however.

With my limited funds, I'll probably try to buy some food to cook on my own so I won't be such a burden in the beginning.

I will have to do something nice for them though, do you think a gift card to their favorite food place would be weird? Or just right?

I've never had a friend so nice that would actually help me like this and I really, really don't wanna fuck up.
>>
>>17649889
Nothing wrong with a gift card but I think ultimately it means more if she can tell that you are devoted to making her life easier in other ways than financial ones (as that's difficult for you). Even if she does not want you to cook you could probe to see if she might like cooking together to get it done faster and have some fun with the preparation. Tell her to always let you know if you have to run her a bath, heat her up/make her food, or similar things before she gets home. Always offer to pick stuff up from the store if you're stopping by anyway.
>>
>>17649902
Well, I might have a job as soon as I get up there but if I don't this suggestion is really, really fucking good!

I could definitely do those things for her. I could maybe try to walk her dog too, but I'd worry about something happening to him on my watch.

I never would have thought of those, thank you!
>>
>>17649912
No problem, good luck and cherish the quality friend!
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.