[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I deal with the despair that I wasted the ages of 18 to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: happy.jpg (49KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
happy.jpg
49KB, 600x300px
How do I deal with the despair that I wasted the ages of 18 to 23 being a depressed shut in?

I'm 26 now and doing pretty well, but if I could go back knowing the things I know now my life would have been so much better. How do I let go of wasted youth?
>>
How did you escape your depression?
>>
Best time to plant a tree was 10 years ago. Second best time is now.

Get over it by taking advantage of what you have left. You and I are still pretty young, m8
>>
>>17649056
At this stage in your lifwe the one thing you have more of than anything else is TIME. So you weren't operating at full steam for a few years. You got through them and got to where you are now, and if you're a couple of steps behind others, that's no big deal.
>>
>>17649056
See it as a necessary step to become who you are now. You wouldn't be you if you didn't go through that.
I experienced the same - 20-23, totally fucking wasted those years doing nothing productive. But I grew up a lot as a person, I learnt to accept myself more, I became much more self aware, and this is part of why I like myself now.
>>
>>17649056
This one's a mindfuck. The thing is, without those years, you wouldn't be here recognizing that you "wasted" those years, because it required you having gone through it to see it. It's the information paradox, or even the Allegory of the Cave: you don't know what you don't know until you know what you didn't know that you didn't know.

So, you were *supposed* to have gone through that, because it would be impossible for you to be where you are right now without having gone through it.

And yes, I've absofuckinglutely had to seriously reconcile this in my own life on a number of occasions, and it's something I go to often for comfort. I hope you find it comforting, too.

There are no accidents, and nothing is random - we just can't see the pattern from where we are.
>>
>>17649254
Hivemind FTW! (I know it's timestamped four minutes apart, but it actually took me that long to write)
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.