[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any reason not to register to vote in the U.S.? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

Is there any reason not to register to vote in the U.S.? I'm not registered and most people I know are. I've always been extremely apathetic about politics but this year, I'm not sure why, I've just been getting into it and enjoying it. It's kind of fun and unifying.

But I still have this weird feeling about it. I think it's the fact that you can't unregister. That bugs me. I won't sign up for websites that you can't delete your account for.

Is there any reason not to register to vote?
>>
>>17648871
Do you have a particular reason TO register? Do you think your vote will mean anything? If not, why go waste time registering? This election is only mildly interesting because it's been such a shitshow from start to now. I'm 30 and still have no intention of bothering to register.
>>
File: CtDfhm-VMAAJ7y1.jpg (133KB, 1199x764px) Image search: [Google]
CtDfhm-VMAAJ7y1.jpg
133KB, 1199x764px
>>17648871
You should definitely register. I know it seems like the candidates running are terrible, but there ARE good ones out there. I'm voting for Wayne Lambright. He really seems to understand what is wrong with this country and has many solutions at hand to fix them. You should check out his website. lambright.com
>>
>>17648891
It's been drilled in my head by quite a few people that I should. I've been told before that "brave men and women died for your right to vote" which I think is total bullshit but that was from the mom of a kid in the army. But my philosophy professor has brought it up with us in a really good way that I couldn't write down right to give it justice. She said we definitely should because it matters and there's a lot of smaller issues to vote for on the ballot, not just the president. And I guess I do want to vote for those smaller issues.

I've always felt like the president doesn't really matter and the majority of the buzz around it is kind of a fad. I feel like it's the cliche "I'm making a difference" thing to get behind when there are way more issues that matter that most people don't know anything about. In all my life I've literally never noticed a difference between presidents. My day to day has been the exact same. I can drastically change my life by just jerking the wheel a bit on my way to work than who I vote for, so I'll focus more on those things.

But the smaller issues, I feel like matter a bit more. I believe one thing on the ballot is for legalizing marijuana. And I'm not a user, but I do still feel like legalizing that will have a much more noticeable impact than a president.

So yeah. I'm not sure. I've just been leaning towards doing it. But I think the permanency of it bothers me. Having all my information added to a list somewhere. I'm kind of just trying to find something that pushes me back towards not registering anymore. Maybe I've built it up in my mind too much to be someone who doesn't register so I feel like I'm losing a part of my identity. Who knows? Clearly not me.
>>
>>17648871
i think they use voter registrations lost for jury duty.
>>
>>17648962
yeah. thats why i dont register anymore.
>>
>>17648962
I've gotten jury duty once before and I'm not registered to vote.
>>
>>17648871
You don't have to deal with those people with clipboards. You know, those weirdos.
>>
>>17648871
Actually you CAN un-register. Just stop voting and after a time (different in each state) they'll assume you've moved or died and drop you.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.