[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I afford to live some place where people actually make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1870.jpg (169KB, 660x440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1870.jpg
169KB, 660x440px
How do I afford to live some place where people actually make it? Why do you either have to be rich or born in nicer cities to be there
>>
You fucking work your ass off getting a good job and making sound financial decisions to get there. Stop looking for a handout, its not supposed to be easy you're going to have to actually put some effort into something for once in your life anon.

Pissing an moaning about not winning the family lottery isn't going to get you anywhere, you're going to have to roll with the punches life gave you and get good. Suck it up and work hard if you want nice things
>>
>>17648824
I know it's hard work but I don't wanna wait until I'm old to just go be low class there
>>
People don't actually make it in cities; cities are made by people who HAVE already made it. If you can't learn to control people in a rural setting, youre not going to do well in an urban one. At least when you're not in a city, you can start slow. There is no slowing down once you live here. If you do, you turn into another battery for the city to be lived off of while everyone else lives in luxury.

It's honestly a system setup to crash under the dead weight but we'll just funnel immigrants in when people start wisening up. They're too stupid and won't realize the "work hard, you'll get there kek" meme is just that, a meme. No body breaks their back AND gets ahead. They're useful for the fact that they're stupid enough to exhaust themselves for you. Keep them where they are. Not like they have much of a choice in the matter.
>>
>>17648832
Tough shit. You didn't get lucky and be born Paris Hilton. That's life f a m. It takes time to get places, you're not going to have it all. You're just going to have to accept that unless you win the lottery, you aren't going to be rich /and/ young. Deal.

Frankly cities are overrated anyway. You ever even been to NYC? Place is coated in urine and there's a homeless beggar on every street corner.
My family lived in Missouri my whole life. Recently my dad's company got bought out by someone in NYC, and they were either going to have to move there, or my dad was going to lose his job. They fucking dreaded it, because for the money they were giving him, he was basically going to be going from living in a nice, >20 year old 4 bedroom house with a finished basement, to a 2 bedroom shit shack built in the 20's with a rat infestation for the same exact price. He decided it wasn't even worth it because his quality of living was going to drop so much and didn't accept the offer.
People romanticize city life too much, it sucks. You can afford much nicer things in a much nicer (though smaller) place.
But theres more than just butt fuck country and big city anon. I'd suggest living in a suburb. I grew up outside St. Louis and it was the best of both worlds. The city was just an hours drive away whenever I wanted it, but lived rather comfortably for not much money away from it.
>>
>>17648890
Fuck you, troll. He's exactly right!
>>
>>17648899
But why can't I just be there young with hard work that's all I want and I don't care if I live like shit
>>
what the fuck are these people talking about? op its simple, you apply for a job in the city and if they hire you, you move in. statistically speaking the average salary in the city is higher than that in rural communities. but don't bother with the min wage jobs or low paying work.
>>
>>17648930
Yeah that's what I was looking for. Don't I pretty much have to sleep in a fold out couch in someone's living room or something thought because the only city near me is NYC
>>
>>17648935
no. you do your research and find a place that fits your budget. its probably going to be an hour away from work and its most definitely not going to be in the core of the city.
>>
>>17648905
Because thats life faggot it aint fair.
You know I'd fucking love to be born rich with a model body and confidence of steel.
But I wasn't. Oh well. It's nice to have fantasies.
Shit takes time. You can either get there when you're old or not get there at all. Take your pick.

Oh fuck if you don't want to have to wait and honestly don't care about your conditions then go become one of the many homeless people begging on the streets and enjoy sleeping in a puddle of piss and shit in front of time square until the police shoo you away.
>>
>>17648955
Yes because every person gets rich only when their old. Typical sheep failure mindset.
>>
>>17648946
So just aim for a different place? lol I know I wouldn't be in Manhattan but I don't feel like I could even afford queens or Brooklyn. Would have to commute from Yonkers or white plains and yeah we all know how that goes.
>>
>>17648976
well you have to find yourself employed first. then see what you can do with the budget. honestly living in the city just results in you becoming a wage slave. its not exactly carefree living
>>
>>17648961
kek depends on your definition of old. I consider 30 old. Not many people, no matter how much hard work they put into it, become wealthy all on their own accord with no assistance from anyone else in their 20's. Like it or not, luck also plays a large role in success. You can't let that keep you from trying, but you do have to accept bad luck will happen from time to time.
>>
>>17648824
>Life is tough an im a real hardass because i face the facts

Why can't all you subhuman "realists" just go spread your negative world view somewhere else?
>>
File: 1390517453725.png (106KB, 350x319px) Image search: [Google]
1390517453725.png
106KB, 350x319px
>>17649006
So edgy lol.
>>
>>17648824
You're adorable. Someone should put you on a shelf and just feed crackers into your mouth as you rail off screeds about entitlement.

The truth is that "fucking work[ing] your ass off" is basically what everyone does to barely scrape by. I grew up in a town I could never afford to move back to, and a shit-ton of my peers are in the same situation. We barely scrape by, and we're all middle-aged and coming to the realization that that Horatio Algiers bullshit that we suspected was probably bullshit is so much more bullshit that we even thought possible that we can't even barely believe how much bullshit it is. I'm just saying - it's a lot of bullshit.

Every city is great, and every city is horrible. It's the people there that make life worthwhile at all, and if you live your life trying to act out some jet-setting yuppie trope, you're basically going to always and forever be vastly disappointed (unless you are born to a rich family, in which case you'll be disappointed for a whole host of other reasons, because even if you get it it's not nearly as great as you think).

So, OP, make friends where you live, and foster relationships, and learn to love the ones you're with. It's really your only hope.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.