[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is being alone for the rest of your life ok thing? What do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 1472875259789.png (193KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1472875259789.png
193KB, 400x400px
Is being alone for the rest of your life ok thing?

What do you anons think about foreveralone lifepath. I mean, by choice, not by necessity.

Lately after few shit relationships with women I've realized It's just not my thing. Friendship with trusted people is my thing I'm really into and spending a nice time together with bros for the rest of my lifetime is the best idea so far, unless said bros won't find wives and turn int manginas at some point. Masturbation is enough to satisfy me sexually and I'm autistic enough to have no emotional need for a partner.

Although, I'm still wondering if I won't regret this when I'll get old. Am I missing on something by giving up on romantic and family life? Any lone or married oldfags with experience to advise?

Discuss.
>>
Nobody here thought about such possibility?

One bump and I let this die.
>>
Start creating a tulpa, you Will then never be alone again.
>>
>>17647987
But I'm not, I just wonder If I won't be for the rest of my life or I'll start regretting it at some point.
>>
>>17647932
Yeah man, listen to Tom Waits at night while drinking and being alone. Will sometime be great, will sometimes be terrible. But that's women for you too.
>>
>>17647932
I was like this. Literally for 2 years I had no desire to be with a girl. I wasn't even deluding myself or anything I honestly was just happy alone and was content just playing video games and chatting in online chat rooms. I didn't think I was happy, I was happy.

Then I started college a month a go and that all came crashing down. I was hit so hard with jealousy of other guys in relationships and I can't go back to my old ways. I really wish I could go back because now I feel like I've wasted my life missing out on relationships.

Honestly I don't know what to say anon. On one hand I truly was content with what I had before. On the other hand now that it all came crashing down I feel nothing but pain and regret. If I could have stayed a NEET forever I would be just fine instead of being depressed now constantly.
>>
>>17648015
>romantic love is a trap to expand the capitalistic system
>>
>>17648015
Well, my situation is quite different. I've had women and relationships, and it was pretty shit imo. When I see guys my age married, I even feel pity for them. I don't feel any jealousy as I have no emotional needs a woman is required for. Once I thought to be a father and a married person, but that's just so much to risk and sacrifice, that it is just not paying off as a lifeplan.

All I need just now is a beer with bros once or twice a week and a nice bbq with my crew at the lakeside during summer. I wish this could go till my last day, but I'm not sure if this is the right plan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b8W1tFFs3M
>>
File: 1386664411001.jpg (81KB, 330x495px) Image search: [Google]
1386664411001.jpg
81KB, 330x495px
>>17647932

Ok, listen here robosperg because this is literally the last time I'm going to give this same advice to another edgy foreveralone.

Just stop, ok? Stop with this woe is me, boo hoo I got hurt a little and now relationships just "aren't my thing" edge master bullshit because thats exactly what it is.

First, let me address the fact that any decision you make before the age of 25 is most likely going to be 90% idiocy because before that age the only reflex you have capable of making decisions is emotion, not experience or perspective.

Secondly, every single moody kid in existence has at one point thrown this identical hissy fit, saying that they tried something a few times and it didn't work out so now they quit. Thats what kids do because, again, all you have is your sperg emotions to work with, not knowledge or experience.

You're going to get over it. You're going to get tired of your eternal hissy fit. You're going to want to be with a woman and have a companion. After you get a little bit older and you phase out of this pity party you're going to have to swallow the fact that nothing you can achieve in life comes without pain and frustration in your journey to achieve it.

This "It didn't work out so now I quit" mentality is going to fucking stunt you for the rest of your life if you don't nut up and get over it.

Let this go, anon. Stop sharpening your edge. Everyone gets frustrated with life and love and relationships. Quitting is the coward's way out and I, for one, am not playing into it because when a child has a hissy fit you tell him the truth and leave him to his thoughts.

Thats what I will do now. Sit in a quiet place away from the internet and contemplate your stupidity for the next few years until you're ready to view failure as an opportunity to get better, not an opportunity to cross your arms and pout.
>>
>>17647932
>What do you anons think about foreveralone lifepath. I mean, by choice, not by necessity.

thought about it myself. mostly because i feel like most girls wont put up with my weird side and wont care about my goals in life. i have had a few "relationships but they only lasted a few months so they never really knew me. i have a retarded eating disorder and i feel most women would find it weird.

all of my relationships have made me wonder if it is even worth the effort though. the women i have dated didnt really offer me anything and only really held me back from completing my goals. the sex and having someone to care for was nice but that isnt everything. i kinda want a girl that is smarter than me, is going to come into my life and im going to be like "fuck me, this bitch has got me questioning my life", i want her to have a impact on my life.

also, a part of me is kinda afraid of getting into a relationship because im pretty happy being single and relationships normally cause drama.
>>
>>17648041
That's some considerable answer in here.

But what If this was really an occasion for me to contemplate what I really want and enjoy and this was a conclusion? I can imagine being happy if it stays like this. But maybe I'm just inexperienced enough indeed.
>>
File: 1390126689718.jpg (176KB, 1107x1063px) Image search: [Google]
1390126689718.jpg
176KB, 1107x1063px
>>17648056

>But what If this was really an occasion for me to contemplate what I really want and enjoy and this was a conclusion?

Take all the time you need to find yourself, anon. Under no circumstance am I telling you focusing on yourself is a bad thing.

All I'm saying is don't be so intent on taking a stand against all the mean girls that hurt you that you turn down opportunities on principal. Don't shut yourself off to life because you can't entertain the idea that you might not be wrong.

Stay open to possibilities and always keep in the back of your mind that living life will teach you far more about how to live it then your assumptions about it will.

Thinking you have the answer when you you actually don't is the most damaging thing you can do when you're young but we all have to go through some form of it.

Don't stay closed off to the possibility that you might be wrong. No one I knew ever went out and purposefully looked for the perfect girl and found her. The best chance you have of finding her is just being open to the possibility that she exists.

In the meantime, work on yourself. Perfect your skills, build your life, get some therapy. Being in a long term relationship doesn't have to be a goal. Just don't get so comfortable in your young age that you think it can't get any better.

I could fill a book with everything I was wrong about in my 20's. You will too.
>>
Im still young, age 23.

I have a similar outlook in life as you, op, when it comes to women. But when it comes to curing my loneliness, i plan on impregnating a or several women and keeping the children to myself. Last resort is adopting children. Once ive had fun in my life, id like to help build my child, or a child's life, and wish for the best for them.

I know i dont ever want to marry, so that might be trouble with the mother, idk. Also, look into Buddhism Op.
>>
>>17648087

>this much edge
>>
>>17647932
was lurking, but I think the same thing, never had a relationship in my life and I honestly don't see myself getting into one, im just so content without one I don't see the need.... but that's just me
>>
>>17648087
I feel you man. I don't even feel a need for a woman, but raising a kid during old days might be the thing to keep you busy.
Maybe some surrogate stuff would do like volunteering in orphanage, dunno.
>>
>>17647932
I'm 23 years old and have never been in a serious relationship. I have never gone beyond kissing a girl and I don't believe I'm okay with that. I look at my friends who are getting married, who are in serious relationships and the like and they seem both happy and constricted, it's really odd to me because I've never experienced something like that. I have a good job, I'm building my career and my life and I just don't feel a significant other would improve upon that in any way (aside from validation). I'm not depressed, but I'm not entirely happy with my life either, then again who is? It's not like I'm retarded and can't get a girl, I know I can. It's just I'd rather build a life for myself before I settle down, as casual dating and hooking up have never been appealing to me.
I can only hope when I do settle down I'm not too late, but contentment is the death of an ambitious man and I don't think I'll ever be done building my life
>>
>>17648041
>you HAVE to have a relationship to be happy
lol get a hobby queer
>>
>>17647932
I'm the same but the grill version.
I don't see why not op, I mean, aren't people from our generation like this?.
>>
>>17647932
You'll get over it, and be right back to dating in no time
>>
You'll crack at three years of that lifestyle, guaranteed.
>>
>>17648300
Most men posting on this website live without relationships. Most of them manage. Currently at 26 years and I'm coping alright.
>>
Sometimes I want to get rid of my friends because it's hard to have cute girl friends when you're a married and I find other guys to be very unappealing usually. I feel like cutting off contact with my guy 'friends' a lot but I wouldn't have anyone to ramble at then other than my wife.

But I made one girl friend recently so it's ok
>>
>>17649412
a married guy*
>>
>nice time together with bros for the rest of my lifetime
>I'm autistic

They're just putting up with you being around them
>>
>>17649444
I wanted to deny but I've noticed those trips and now I can't argue.
>>
I've been friends with my boyfriend for around seven years. Due to some less than ideal relationships, he had reached a point where he would rather be single than be with someone for the sake of it and was happy living alone, having the occasional fuck if he fancied it.

We ended up seeing each other on a casual basis and he decided that he wanted a relationship with me. There was no pressure because he was happy being alone, so if it didn't work out then he hadn't lost anything.

Our relationship is great, we work extremely well together and although I can't speak for him, I'm the happiest I've ever been because I genuinely enjoy being with him.

So I would say accepting life alone is probably a good thing, as it means that if you meet someone you like, you're getting into a relationship for the right reasons, rather than just searching for any old person to fill a hole you think needs filling.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.