[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

just bought pic related from microcenter, and I'm at wi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 467635_112466_01_front_zoom.jpg (285KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
467635_112466_01_front_zoom.jpg
285KB, 1000x1000px
just bought pic related from microcenter, and I'm at wits end trying to get it to work, google's done me no good and i'm hoping some of you will be able to help.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/467635/G313_Desktop_Computer

there's the link to the thing, bought it open box if that matters.

i've been trying to install windows 7 on it for the past two days and have no idea what i'm doing. i have three disks, one from the official german thing that the /g/ wiki recommends, which is windows 7 ultimate, one from my grandparents, which is windows 7 pro, and some copy from a pirate site with updates up to april 2016.

the first one boots up, and loads, but the latter two don't. first of all, when I get to the partition part, I am completely lost on how to make it work without using uefi, i combed through the bios and couldn't find a solution. OK, whatever. but after that, when im able to install windows, I have no internet, that's fine, I've dealt with that before, download drivers off of another computer and install it. But with this one? for some ungodly reason the USB's don't work and aren't recognized so I can't do anything, its just a brick with default windows 7 on it, and now, I can't even load up any of the disks, what should I do? With my grandparents windows discs, there was one with updates and software, but the software was just things like adobe reader and live messenger, and the updates didn't fix anything. the computer came with a set of windows 10 home discs, but there's no key to it, so I can't go back and install it and suck it up either.
>>
tl;dr how do i get usbs to work on a fresh new install of windows 7
>>
so you can boot up with one of the WIndows 7 discs and start the installation? can you post a pic of the furthest working point you can get to?.
>>
>>17647862

You in Atlanta man?. I go to that Microcenter all the time. Went there about 3 days ago as a matter of fact.
>>
>>17647862
i can get to a fully installed copy of windows 7, but there's no updates, no internet, no usb hard drives function but the mouse and keyboard do
>>17647867
no i'm in st. louis
>>
>>17647870

You install usb drivers from your motherboard manufacturer?.

the front port ones don't work AND the back port ones don't work?.

I would download all chipset/usb drivers from the manufacturer of the motherboard and install them. In your case would be here https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z170A-GAMING-PRO.html#down-driver if the Microcenter information is accurate.
>>
>>17647876
haven't tried the back ports, will get back to you on that one
>>
>>17647876
>>17647880
backports not working either, im assuming because they're 3.0, but how do I go about installing these? if it helpss at all when I tried to install lubuntu everything worked fine, so should I try to install these things using that? Or burn them to a disc and then try and use them in windows?
>>
>>17647885

>but how do I go about installing these?

I would download the drivers from the page I posted earlier, and install chipset drivers and anything other drivers they offer. I would go from there.

Or I would try installing windows 10 because Windows 10 should have much better support right out of the box.
>>
>>17647894
sorry if I sound like a dummy, but how do i go about installing these chipset drivers, do they stick no matter what OS i use? if they don't, then how do I install them specifically for 7? burning them onto a disk?
>>
File: 1459870092169.png (445KB, 1890x859px) Image search: [Google]
1459870092169.png
445KB, 1890x859px
>>17647897

Go to the link in this post >>17647876

and download the chipset drivers towards the bottom. I would also download any other drivers they have that deal with usb.
>>
>>17647920
hey man i've downloaded everything and burnt it to cd's so i could see what'll work and i got into windows 7 and so far it let me install the chipset which is good but when i go to install the network driver i get this error message that says
"Cannot install drivers. No Intel(R) Adapters are present in this computer."
do you know if there's anything i need to install beforehand that i've missed out on, I really appreciate the help I've made strides with you just pointing the way.
>>
>>17648122
try realtek drivers.
not intel. I guess we can't really tell the nic from a prebuilt
>>
>>17647813
you cant just open a large file like windows 7 and expect it to run from pirate bay. you probably have to follow the users rules that they gave in the file. some other files on piratebay prepare to open the file for you.
>>
>>17648125

RTL8111DP/EP DASH All-In-One installation kit for Win7/Win8/Win8.1
is this the one i want
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.