[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have my motivation issues, and they're causing me to fall

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

I have my motivation issues, and they're causing me to fall behind in college.

I'm not quite in danger of failing anything, but I'm getting there. I'm just so goddamn miserable all the time it's hard for me to get doing anything productive.

This has been going on for all my life. I keep thinking about how much better I would've done in highschool if I didn't have these fucking problems and it just makes me feel worse.

I'm terrified of flunking this semester. I'm terrified of having to put up with my parents if it happens (despite being 20 they still take it upon themselves to have a major say in every major decision I make. My mom can be crazy overbearing too, shit fills me with so much anxiety). I know the instant I tell them I failed something they'll say "Oh you probably just sat around smoking weed all day and it turned you into a lazy fuck" or something like that, no matter how much I explain to them this is something I've literally dealt with all my life they'll refuse to believe otherwise (basically, I can't shake the feeling they're not going to take it seriously at all and use it as a chance to push their fucking agenda).

I don't know what to do, I'm almost certain I won't be able to get my shit together in time.
>>
>>17647111
Looks to me like you allowed yourself to get overwhelmed and never took a break so your mind continued to race and still does because you won't take a moment to relax.

Sit back. Relax. Don't do anything for a day. Focus on relaxing. Do not focus on thinking you're failing to relax because that would make you a bigger retard. Just sit back and relax and try to put everything you need to do in order for yourself. You'll probably find it's not that big of a deal.

For instance, instead of thinking about how you need to read 100 pages. Think about reading 5 pages at a time instead.

If you don't do this and decide to argue with me about how I just don't understand, you're just fucking yourself.

Your call.
>>
>>17647156
>Looks to me like you allowed yourself to get overwhelmed and never took a break so your mind continued to race and still does because you won't take a moment to relax.

It's actually moreso an issue of procrastination desu.

>Just sit back and relax and try to put everything you need to do in order for yourself. You'll probably find it's not that big of a deal.
>For instance, instead of thinking about how you need to read 100 pages. Think about reading 5 pages at a time instead.

Yeah I've been told this before. I'm awful at it, when I get stressed/anxious I get so up in my head I just can't just catch myself and focus on the task at hand

I know it seems like I'm trying to argue, and I guess in a way I am. But I agree with you, I know your right. However this is something I have been trying to do for a very long time, but the stress and anxiety overwhelm me that much.
>>
>>17647111

95% of people in college have motivation issues. There's nothing much you can do about it. Just do what you're supposed to do and keep in mind it won't last forever. Basically, just man the fuck up.
>>
>>17647198
Not this badly though. I feel like it goes hand in hand with some major anxiety/depression issue I have (even after one session with a school counselor guys like "You clearly have some really really bad anxiety issues")
>>
anon i just graduated and basically fucked up my thesis. just write your damn thesis today, and you will do ok. i have to do another year and another thesis if i have any hope at all, and it was because i couldnt see past my own selfish desires. break up with your bitch waifu, stop smoking joints. go see real friends, and ask for help and extensions from the university. do this all tomorrow.
>>
>>17647216
In college for programming senpai, don't think I have to worry about that shit.
>>
Stop smoking weed for a bit and see if things get better.

Contrary to what pot heads will say, weed fucks up the human psyche. The human brain just isn't strong enough to get intoxicated every day and not cause problems.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.