[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok so I feel like you guys could help me the most in this situation.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Screenshot_1.jpg (52KB, 479x633px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.jpg
52KB, 479x633px
Ok so I feel like you guys could help me the most in this situation.

So basically I'm in this Discord chat where a bunch of random people from all across the world (literally no one knows each other in real life) collaborate on a shitposting Youtube channel. It's a helluva good time and we swap memes and overall just fuck around.

So there's this particular person on the channel, let's call her Sakura, who is from Japan. They make vocaloid shit for the channel. A Korean dude on the channel called her a weeb once because she started typing in Japanese, and she acted really pissed off that he'd even suggest that. I have no evidence that this person is actually from Japan, or even a girl, but she gets on at the wildest hours, like at 1:00 AM for the North American East Coast and stays on for like the whole night. I've asked her what time it is over there at random intervals and she says the time that it is in Japan. So I think she's in Japan. We have voice chat disabled to avoid spam (theres a lot of us) so I've never heard Sakura's voice.

Which brings us to our dilemma. She sent me a random pic of her desktop and I was all confused. Then I saw the file name. It said "I_have_a_crush_on_you" and holy shit this story sounds so fake but I swear it's not.

Now, I'm basically a loser. I like video games, tabletop games n shit, and yes, anime, but I don't obsess over it like some gay Tumblr user hopped up on drugs. I've never dated a girl. I'm not unattractive, I'm just stupid and never made a move on my female friends, and I said no to the ones that were interested in me (kinda regret that).

I pm'd her and told her that I would like to get to know her as well, but I need to gather my thoughts, since it's 1 AM and I was lucid.

So what should I do, 4chan? I figured you would be the guys to ask since she's Japanese and you guys would probably like that. I haven't even asked her if she's 18 yet... She knows that I'm 19 tho.

Hopefully she looks like pic related...
>>
Has she seen your face? (Not familiar with discord)

Probably trolling bro it's the internet and you're literally in a chat with trolls
>>
File: uhh.jpg (48KB, 376x499px) Image search: [Google]
uhh.jpg
48KB, 376x499px
>>17645712
There's no facecam on Discord, but I think I'll at least ask to hear her voice, or go on skype because it has a facecam. I'm not gonna fly all the way over to Japan to find this dude...
>>
Care to elaborate? how did it get to this point where she sent you that photo?
>>
>>17645672
You kind of skipped a bit I mean she sent you that image with the filename after what? You two getting along?

Ask for her Skype. Cam up.
>>
Don't be a homo OP, ask for more contact info and chat to her.
>>
>>17645672
I live in Japan and have for most of my life, show me the screencapture, I doubt it is real though.
>>
File: image.png (680KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
680KB, 1360x768px
OP again. So there's the desktop image (full of video game stuff and Vocaloid software). Gotta love that Vinesauce background.

We were just messing around chatting about random stuff when she sent it. It was 1:00 ish, so it was just me, her, and the aforementioned Korean dude. She sent this picture in the general chat, and we were just like "haha nice desktop" and then she pm'd need telling me to check the filename. You have to download the file in Discord to see the file name.

And to be honest, we've only known each other for a little over a week, but everyday late at night, it was always just me, her, and Korean dude. Occasionally there was another person on but mostly not. And the Korean just played LoL without saying much anyways. So me and her just chatted about stuff- life, retro games, etc. She was confused at what Earthbound was when I mentioned it, but then she was like "oh yeah", maybe because it's not called Earthbound over in Japan.

But still, it's awfully straightforward for only knowing her for a week...

Possibilities
a) she's a big hairy gay man
b) she's not really in Japan
c) she's some little kid, hence the obsession with memes

Or any combination... So you understand my apprehension. I'm gonna ask to voice chat with her tonight.
>>
>>17647177
Did she ever explicitly mention that she was a native Japanese or just a person living in Japan? I ask this because it would be unusual for a native Japanese to have their OS (as seen in your pic) be in English instead of their native language.
>>
I'll give you some advice.

I was pulled into an LDR with a girl who I thought was perfect for two years and lost out on a lot of IRL opportunities because I was chasing something that would have never been.

Life is too short to be chasing fairytales, if you want clarification then ask this person about what you've witnessed. Do not be roped into a relationship that can bring you no tangible benefits within a short period of it starting.

I know you aren't going to take what I say seriously because the desire to be with somebody that seems unreasonably perfect (a cute japanese video-game loving nerdy gf int his case) is like kicking a drug addiction cold turkey, but I really hope you approach this like you would any serious relationship.

>Now, I'm basically a loser. I like video games, tabletop games n shit, and yes, anime, but I don't obsess over it like some gay Tumblr user hopped up on drugs. I've never dated a girl. I'm not unattractive, I'm just stupid and never made a move on my female friends, and I said no to the ones that were interested in me (kinda regret that).

Yeah, real life relationships with others will very quickly make you aware of how fickle any online relationship is. And I have personally met up with friend I initially met online who live in different countries. They are no different than any other person once you meet them IRL and the facade of the internet dissolves away and yeilds to the cold unending harsh wind of reality.
>>
asdf
>>
Jesus Christ, SiIvaGunner had this much faggotry going?
>>
>>17647177
It's obviously fake. Tell her to post a picture of herself. If it's real, go ahead. If not, troll her.
>>
>>17647205
Yeah, she said she is from Osaka. But she didn't say if she was a native or not... Also, aren't "otakus" frowned upon over there? I'm suprised she's so into this stuff. The only other thing she mentioned was her name and her brother's name, and I checked and they're not just names taken from some anime. Also, one big red flag that stuck out to me was that she called it a SNES and not a Super Famicom... And that's a good point about the OS. She types pretty good english, occasionally horribly botching a common word.
>>
>>17647266
It is pretty frowned upon, but it doesn't stop people from liking it. It's just that you can't be outspoken about it amongst your RL peers.
Also
>>17647177
>pirated VOCALOID3
>where you literally can go to a corner store to go buy it in japan
well, cheapsters are cheapsters too i guess.

Anyway just be wary and ask for a pic or something. "I need to know more about you if you want anything at all" kinda thing.
>>
OK 4chan I've got this little mystery ALLLL wrapped up. Ready guys?

So I remembered that they screenshotted their Chrome browser a couple of days ago to show some youtuber's page. They had like 10 tabs open and I could see their subscriptions on Youtube as well. Lots of juicy info.

Well guess what there's a channel on there that makes subtitled Vocaloid videos. Subtitles? Why would a Japanese person need ENGLISH subtitles? They said they know fluent Japanese. Then, the "featured channels" tab was in Dutch. I dont even fucking know, because everything else was in English! Then another one of the channels was Portuguese... so I have no idea where they're from. Also all of their tabs were English webpages. And THEN, the biggest give-away was the name on the Google account in the corner. It said Mitchell! Fucking Mitchell!

So, I think I've learned a lot from this whole ordeal, I'll just ask them about what I saw and see what happens. To be honest, I was cracking up at how cringey this whole ordeal was. I'm a little disappointed, but hey, you win some and you lose some. Maybe I'm not cut out for online dating anyways haha.
>>
In regards to the screenshot they sent you, the clock says 11:03pm. If they were in Japan and you received it at 1am, its more likely it'd be ~13hrs+, so about 2pm. Sounds like they're mid-western, which is 2hrs behind the east coast... i.e. 11pm.
>>
File: BTFO, Bitch.gif (64KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
BTFO, Bitch.gif
64KB, 320x240px
Not that you guys actually care about my drama, but some of you might wanna hear the conclusion to my story (what is this, fucking Reddit or something?)

I asked her why the name was Mitchell on Google. They said the Google account they were using was a throwaway account.

I asked why their OS was in English and they said that they're half-Japanese. Not full Japanese. And that they learned both languages but they prefer English. They said they did a "foreign exchange trip".

I then asked for us to exchange pics with our usernames on them. Response: "Let me think...
It's kinda late rn...". Bitch, its never too late to take a fucking picture. Plus in Japan it's like 5:30 AM right now, so it's early, not late. And then they say:
"wait"
"how old are you?"

I told them I was over 18 and they were like "oh i'm 14"

So I basically was like, ok cya.

90% sure it was a troll, but eh... whatever.
>>
>>17647581
HOLY CRAP! I'm like a girl watching a fucking soap opera right now man, I love it
>>
>>17647662
you caught him lol. also you're not a loser op. Your bit issue is low self esteem but theres a lot you can do to fix that. For me its the gym
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.