[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In the morning, I want to tell my job that I'm leaving.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1459828187421.jpg (128KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1459828187421.jpg
128KB, 1080x1080px
In the morning, I want to tell my job that I'm leaving. I am responsible for major things, and will be hurting my coworkers and friends. I would like to give them time to find a replacement, and would happily work a few more weeks/months.

I am going to fail them if I stay on board, but I would like to help the transition. I would love to try to find a new job while this search happens, a mutual thing.

Is this even possible, or do I just have to outright put in my two weeks and leave?
>>
>>17645557
you just put in your two weeks and leave

get a new job lined up before you do that though or you could run into problems. A job search can sometimes take longer than you think it will.
>>
>>17645557
Get a job "lined up", then put in your two weeks notice. No need for dramatics. Just leave. If your coworkers are as tight as you think they'll stay in touch after you leave. Y'know?
>>
>>17645565
>>17645575

They aren't anticipating me leaving, and expect me to take on huge projects. They trust me and like me a lot. Before they push in all of the chips on the table on me, I need to leave.

If it was all in my own self interest, I'd take my sweet time to find a new job before going. But if I let this last another week or two, everyone will be holding a big bag of shit. If I tell them I'm leaving now, they won't start the project.
>>
>>17645620
They will learn to deal without you. If your an hourly employee then you can put your two weeks in anytime.
>>
>>17645620
And none of that will matter when you move on. In fact it will only look better on you, in the long run.

They will find someone else to do whatever it is you think you do there.
>>
>>17645632

I'm not. I'm salaried. They recently gave me an extra $20k to try to keep me happy and on board.

>>17645636
I'm sure they will, eventually. But if I give them no more than two weeks time, they're fucked. I manage millions of dollars for them. They're better off finding someone more qualified, but if I just go... They can't handle it. We barely can now.
>>
>>17645648
>manage millions of dollars for them.
Definitely their fault for putting one sole person in charge of millions of dollars.
>>
>claims to be a big powerful manager who makes everything happen for their company and manages millions of dollars.
>They're willing to give me an extra 20k a year just to make me happy!
>Comes to /adv/ for advice.
>>
Always get another job with a signed contract in writing before walking the plank.

Unless you're a rich fag who can coast with mass savings
>>
>>17645786

I'm not sure why you think I would bother coming here to lie about something like this. It's not even good bait. Where else can I ask anonymous advice about shit? It's not like I can go post this on Facebook or Reddit.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.