[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A friend of mine has started acting strange. I've known

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1471504946310.png (34KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1471504946310.png
34KB, 640x640px
A friend of mine has started acting strange. I've known him for 2 and a half years now.

A few months ago he was totally cool, fun to be around, usually just laughing and telling jokes. I don't know whats happened to him. But now he's so distant and frustrated.

I tried to talk to him about it and from what I can gather he's really depressed

>he has terrible self-esteem and seems to think hes a terrible person
>he's been avoiding a bunch of us for no reason
>hes barely functional in class

He told me he's had 2 mental breakdowns over the past month. And he took a week off of classes which is really unusual for him.

Should I prod him for more info so I can help? He seems to want to talk about it, but then hesitates and shuts up. How can someone go from fun to depressed so quickly without something major happening to them like a family member dying?
>>
It's a mental illness, and there's no logical reason for why depression flares up as intensely as it tends to.

Best you can do is stick around so long as he doesn't do anything to hurt you or himself, psychologically or physically.

If you ever do the "sarcastically making fun of each others flaws" thing around him, cut that out completely. Start getting used to telling him what you like about him, but keep it spontaneous and in the moment. Unexpected and genuine.
>>
Well if he hasn't discussed his reasons then you don't really know if something major is happening or not. Some people just aren't happy with the way the world is or the way their life is turning out. I'd talk to him more and also recommend professional help.
>>
>>17644471
He mentioned something a few weeks ago about not being able to watch his favourite movies or listen to the radio anymore. Could there potentially be something "triggering" in them?
>>
>>17644593
Or abusive parents.

It's usually abusive parents.
>>
>>17644917
Nah, he talks about he doesn't like his parents, but he doesn't live with them.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.