[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got into a car accident. I was trying to make a left turn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 20161006_150251.png (4MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
20161006_150251.png
4MB, 1440x2560px
Just got into a car accident. I was trying to make a left turn into an intersection. There was a gap as seen in the pic and a total of 3 lanes. While they gave me the go ahead to make a left turn, the car on the 3rd lane hit my car. She was on her phone and (thinking she was texting) She did stop before the gap like every other car did but she somehow decided to hit my car. I was waiting at a stop sign so am I at fault? Also the light was red and I think when the light turned green she just thought it was safe. This in in California by the way

>pic related. The "gap"
>>
>>17644423
>so am I at fault
Yep.
>>
>>17644433
Fuck. Well is there anything I could do about it?
>>
>>17644438
I really don't know, sorry.

I was involved in an accident like this. I was just a car in the other lane waiting for the light to turn and someone was trying to turn left while the oncoming traffic had a green light. The person in the near lane had stopped to let them turn but as the left-turner was halfway through a car came and T-boned at full speed and it knocked the car so hard it ended up sliding into mine.

What I learned is: just fucking wait for the light. Or when there are no oncoming cars at all. It's nice of people to stop to let you turn but it's dangerous to do it.
>>
If you were waiting at a stop, it's your fault. That means it was your responsibility to not move until it was safe.
>>
Did you get a police report? Btw you do know that making a turn and changing lanes is illegal right. Like you can't turn left from a left lane and end up in the right of two lanes.
>>
>>17644515
This. I know everyone does it, but legally you can't swing out into other lanes. You must get in the lane closest to you and merge over properly.
>>
>>17644514
Oh man. I shouldn't have listened to the people who stopped and told me to go on :( How bad would my insurance go up?
>>
>>17644556
Who are these people? I'm a little confused as to what happened 2bh
>>
>>17644563
The cars who stopped before the gap. Basically the drivers told me to go complete the left turn.
>>
>>17644563
Sounds like there were a line of cars piling up at a light, but OP was stopped at a stop sign a little ways down from the light. 2 of the 3 lanes left a gap for OP to turn left into, but the chick in the 3rd lane didn't get the memo.
Still OP's fault legally, hes not supposed to go until there are no cars in his way.
>>
>>17644572
Yeah, still your fault, especially if you tried to turn into a lane you shouldn't have. I don't know about your insurance though
>>
>>17644578
Yeah, if OP was at a stop sign or stop light, it's his responsibility to make sure it's safe before he moves out into traffic. The other cars have right of way
>>
Thanks for your input guys! I still feel like shit after the accident, but luckily no one got hurt. I just hope my parents won't go nuts on me. I still want to drive, but I think they will not let me for a while
>>
>>17644625
I just can't understand how this happened in the first place. You're not driving without a licence or anything, are you?
>>
>>17644633
Actually I am driving with a license. Its just a mistake of not being fully aware of the consquences
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.