[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to take up some martial art but I am too scared of meeting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1464115740253.jpg (144KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1464115740253.jpg
144KB, 1280x720px
I want to take up some martial art but I am too scared of meeting and having to train with new people. What do?
>>
You could either torrent a fuckton of martial arts material and go cocoon mode, judging your form and execution with some mirrors and feel, or you could just go to a gym and learn to summit your anxiety.
The former will require tremendous discipline and study, while the latter will likely prove more beneficial in the long run...
>>
>>17643280
>I want to take up some martial art
>What do?
Seems kinda obvious what you should do.
Are you a girl perhaps?
>>
>>17643280

>I'm want to learn to fight people, but I'm afraid to talk to people.

This should end well.
>>
>>17643280

Just try to man up and join a beginners course. I promise you, once you've actually gone the first time you realize it's not that bad. You don't even have to talk to anyone, just listen and learn and try to chill out. Most people are nervous there, because they're trying out a new thing, so they're more or less in the same boat.
>>
>>17643280

Your best bet is to go to a bar and study how people fight.
>>
>>17643438

Well, a fist in the face does plenty of talking without having to say a word.
>>
>>17643280

Here is a beginner's tip, when you throw a punch, throw it at the forehead of your opponent.
>>
>>17643280

Rather then choose a martial arts style to best suit your body type, just go with the most popular style.
>>
>>17643280

Study the fight scenes from recent popular movies, they'll help you out a lot. Even the superhero movies.
>>
>>17643280

http://www.cracked.com/article_19654_6-painful-things-nobody-tells-you-about-fighting.html
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.