[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to motivate my boyfriend to try to come over his arachnophobia?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

How to motivate my boyfriend to try to come over his arachnophobia? I am very passionate about them, and i understand not evryone has to, but i don't think he should be afraid of them either. The only known way of overcoming it is exposure therapy(im not gonna throw spiders at him or anything), but he is not willing to try(which is understandable). How can i motivate him?
>>
>>17643149

Christ, just reveal your true form to him and either break up or devour him after mating.

Women make relationships so damn complicated.
>>
>>17643149
say that he is a pussy and that you leave him for an alpha male if he doesn't get over it
>>
>>17643432
Shit, am i so transparent? :c
>>17643435
But that's dumb
>>
>>17643149
Most of home spiders in Europe are afraid from you as much as you afraid from them. They're not ill-natured pests, nor invasive. There are videos about people holding them on their hands. Japan eat spiders and hornets, that's how they solve their insect problem.
>>
>>17643572
I know that, and i told him about that. He's still not willing to try.
>>
Are you me?

It's been nearly 10 years and I've just accepted he'll be like that forever. He's nervous around snakes and reptiles too; I've had a snake forever and he's pretty good with it now, he can give him water and stuff but the spider thing just never gets better... Because it's external, it's not something we can fix ourselves for sure...

They're cool though. Good luck. You may just have to accept it in the end.
>>
File: 1cf7f36690554ed092e64e9bd2970804.jpg (211KB, 1536x943px) Image search: [Google]
1cf7f36690554ed092e64e9bd2970804.jpg
211KB, 1536x943px
>Pic related, that's Totem
A few years ago a pal of mine, let's call him Joe, got shitfaced and slept in the middle of the forest. He woke up with a small snake crawling out of his mouth. After that he was fucking terrified of snakes, and as it so happens my roommate keeps a pet snake we call Totem. So we get together and Joe does his best not to look at the poor snake, while everyone else that showed up were super intrigued with it. Eventually one guy decides to be a cunt, take harmless Totem and lays it on Joe. He burst into tears, and started punching the cunt that got Totem on him.

I don't have any phobia but upon seeing this guy freaking out the way he did, I know you shouldn't fuck with it. Your bf may have good reasons for being afraid of spiders, and even if he doesn't it's his decision to stay afraid, not yours. I'd honestly say - don't try to meddle with it, either get over it and keep spiders away from him, or break it off.
>>
Best way is to not force him, really. If you find a spider in the house, catch it for him. While you're holding the spider, admire it, comment on it. "Oh wow, this one's got such beautiful colors" "This one's really cute, all fuzzy". Hold them on your bare hands. If you have problems with any other bugs, suggest keeping a spider in the room in a designated spot as an alternative to insecticide bombing.

Set an example for him. If every time he hears about spiders from you, it's positive, that starts to associate positive things, and may encourage him to try looking at them more closely later.

The more you try to force it, the more he's gonna dig in his heels. It's just human nature. So don't force it.
>>
File: 823756.jpg (76KB, 680x649px) Image search: [Google]
823756.jpg
76KB, 680x649px
>>17643149
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.