[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think about going to community college for 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: apustettava.jpg (36KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
apustettava.jpg
36KB, 657x527px
What do you guys think about going to community college for 2 years and then transferring to State University?

The pros are that it'd save money, more time to focus on my hobbies like getting /fit/, and easier classes because they're prerequisites.

What are the cons?
>>
There are no cons. This is what everyone does.
>>
>>17643035
Cons: If you could've gotten a free ride to your state school, you won't by transferring
>>
>American education system
joke's on me, my country's best universities are like 400 in the world
[spoiler]I blame the Jews and Anglos though[/spoiler]
>>
>>17643035

The cons are missing out on the real college experience. You won't live in a dorm and make friends when everyone is open to meeting new people and having adventures, you'll show up two years late when everyone's bonds have already formed and it'll be harder to make friends, go to parties, etc.

If you're going just for the academics, no problem with your plan.
>>
>>17643152
>college experience
my fucking sides
>>
>>17643152
>lived in a dorm freshman year
>didn't make any close friends
>only got invited to one party but couldn't go
>>
>>17643154
>>17643158

Not everyone on 4chan is a total autist loser like yourselves, so I'm hoping OP isn't.
>>
>>17643035
Cons:

-Some of your courses won't transfer even if the hours do, and you may have to take Calculus 1 or English 1 over.
-Some of your courses won't have taught as much even if they do transfer, and you'll be less prepared for upper level classes.
-You'll be behind in knowing which classes and profs to take or avoid
-You'll be joining a social world in which friendships and cliques have already been formed, making it harder to fit in
>>
Socially it's hard but if you can stick through it by accepting you probably won't be making a million new friends, then you're fine.

>missing college experience

Yeah okay cool but you know what else is cool? Not being in a huge amount of debt because you wanted to pay for the >experience
>>
>>17643175

There's some validity to that, but you only get to live your life once. Coming home each day from community college, still living with your parents, basically having two extra years of high school, seems like a waste at one of the last times in your life that you'll really have the freedom to get out there and have fun. Sure, maybe you can make the most out of those final two years of college, but it's going to be a lot harder.

Once you graduate, you're probably going to slide right into a full time gig somewhere, and there won't be any spring breaks, short days of classes, winter breaks, summer breaks, or freedom to do much of anything at all, besides enjoy your paltry 2 weeks of vacation.

(Yes, I am bitter and miss college)
>>
>>17643152
(((the college experience)))
>>
>>17643163
i'm not a total loser anymore
i sort of have friends now
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.