[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to my first job interview later today for a UPS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

I'm going to my first job interview later today for a UPS job as package handler. What to expect? The application online was pretty easy, didn't even ask for resumé.
>>
>resum[b]é[/b]
hahaha faggot :DDDDDDD
>>
when i did it it was a group interview. they take you on a tour of the warehouse in a group then afterwards they bring you in 1 by 1 for individual interviews. pretty low key low stress kinda thing. you dont need to dress nice even
>>
>>17643056
Nice, that's what I hoped it would be like, but what kind of questions they ask?
>>
File: 1411404707254.png (58KB, 539x680px) Image search: [Google]
1411404707254.png
58KB, 539x680px
>>17643020
>>17643020
>package handler

hehehehehehe
You'll be handling packages, didn't know OP was a faggot.

To be only somewhat helpful, I have a cousin and a friend who work for UPS as drivers. My friend says it's pretty good money and he has two daughters and a live-in waifu-poo.
>>
>>17643089
That wasn't helpful at all, but thanks for the bump
>>
>>17643056
Don't listen to this faggot. Warehouse job interviews are always different depending on what area you're in, even if it's for the same company. The local culture may be different where he's at then from where you are.

Dressing nice never hurt anyone in an interview. I'm a suit and tie guy, but for that job a short sleeve polo and khakis with belt and nice looking shoes should do.

In any interview always indicate you want a career, not a job. You're in it for the long haul and you're at UPS because you admire (insert google search of UPS mission statement here) and their reputation for getting that done.

I know it seems like some insincere faggotry, but trust me, hiring managers eat that shit up like fat neck beards on pizza rolls.
>>
>>17643115
At the end of the application it said the interview would start with a tour, that's why I think he's right.

Appreciate the advice, I'll do that.
>>
>>17643179
>>17643115
I mean, not sure what that idiot is talking about

UPS managers hire anyone with a pulse. If you have good availability, you can lift 70 pounds, and if you are willing to work at least 1 year, guess what? You've got a job.

The job itself is the screening process since the turnover rate is so high

Interview is easy as hell. Wore a hoodie and they asked basic questions i.e What are your hours of availability? And guess what? I got the job. Wew.

But the job sucks. You lift packages for 5 hours with no break and no A/C. Doing that in the summer heat for 3 months 5 days a week = No
>>
>>17643049
gold medal in shitposting
>>
>>17644115
Sounds good to me, I'm just trynna save some money and get experience since I don't have any.
>>
>>17643115
It's a package handler job 6 weeks before black friday and the holidays... Do you really think the job is anything other than seasonal?
>>
I've done this before. HR lady was a complete cunt and because I didn't call her back on a Sunday at 9am, I was passed over for the job. Then she got pissed that I emailed her inquiring about the job stating it was her "personal email" yet this was the email she used to contact me. So yea, if you get a shitty HR person, you'll have issues.

Now, I actually got the job the next holiday season, and it was a different HR person. No problems. Work is back breaking. They might offer to keep you on after the holiday season if you're good, but chances are small unless you work at a larger facility with more turnover.

I filled in at a small outlet and there were no jobs available after Christmas, so my tenure ended.

Wouldn't do it again. For the money UPS pays, go to a grocery store or Wal-Mart.
>>
>>17644360
I would rather do physical work than stare at people's faces in a grocery store.
>>
Thats true

i filled up an application then nuthin happen before the day of work happened.

idk. LA CA is full of ups employers.

1 out of 20 are chosen each TIME

good enviroment, check out city industries FUCK uPS

YOU NED 5 YEARS EXPERIENCE
>>
everyone is talkative and friendly

some arnt

hope you like hanging out in the front lol
>>
You have to be in shape. It's like Tetris on steroids.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.