[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a recovering alcoholic. I've been sober for the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

I'm a recovering alcoholic. I've been sober for the last 5 months. I almost lost my job due to my drinking, but they gave me one more chance to not be a fuck up.

I relapsed last night, and went on an absolute awful bender. I woke up at 3 this afternoon with a bunch of missed calls from my job.

I feel so guilty and mad at myself, but I know I have the tools to learn from this and do my best to bounce back. I'm genuinely worried about losing my job though.

If I'm honest with them tomorrow and tell them what happened, I'll almost surely be fired. I don't want to lie about it, but I know this was just an isolated hiccup, and I really don't know any other way around it. I'm trying to come up with some kind of semi-believable sob story about getting robbed or getting in a wreck or something. Any suggestions for what to tell them?
>>
family emergency
>>
i would be honest and sincerely apologetic with them. tell them you need the job if you have to.
if you get caught in a lie youre fired for sure, if you tell the truth they may give you a shot.
>>
>>17641749
also, im really sorry about the relapse man that must feel awful, hang in there you did pretty well the first time. I want you to keep at it and do even better on the rebound. Good luck.
>>
>>17641722
if you go to your HR depo and tell them you would like a referral to a treatment center. It will then be an anonymous medical issue that they can't legally tell anyone else in the company about. You might get in trouble for missing but that could just go down as a sick day or something. goodluck.
>>
>>17641749

I thought about saying that. I can't think of any kind of emergency that would warrant my not being able to at least call in.

>>17641751

I wish I could. I've fucked up too many times here, and they were pretty clear this was my last shot.

>>17641756

Thank you for the reassurance. As awful as I feel about slipping up, I'm actually strangely have a grain of excitement deep in me, as I know how to cope with things now and put this behind me, and I'm not going to just get blasted to deal with things like I used to.
>>
>>17641722
it's not like you put the bottle down and never drink again, it happens like that for some people but not many

you persevere, you slip up less and less

couldn't say what to tell a boss, if you get fired thank them for giving you so many chances
at least let them know you tried
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.