[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Please respond, I need to pay your university fees. Who do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1422482171628.jpg (103KB, 800x585px) Image search: [Google]
1422482171628.jpg
103KB, 800x585px
>Please respond, I need to pay your university fees. Who do I pay it to?
>I'm sorry, I've chosen to drop out. I don't want to talk about why right now.
>That's alright, I'd sort of guessed but I wish you'd chosen to trusted to tell me earlier
>Okay thanks. [Unsaid: I love you but the reasons I dropped out are the whole social anxiety thing you instilled in me by making me feel like I can't trust anyone or express myself to them in the first place is probably because you betrayed my trust every single time I placed it in you so no, obviously I didn't fucking tell you earlier]
sorry adv just trying to vent
>>
>>17640694
Who was this?
>>
>>17640694
i like the spider
>>
>>17640694
Cute spider
>>
>>17640696
My mom. My earliest memories are of telling her personal secrets that I'd then hear back from her friend. Like, being floored, by I trusted her with this stuff (however dumb it was at that age) and she just completely ignored ignored having promised to keep it a secret. And this pattern has repeated my entire life, every time I've tried to trust her.
I know it's stupid, first world problems but I don't really know how else I'm supposed to behave at this point. No, obviously I can't trust her with anything.
>>
>>17640732
Alright, before you read anything I say you should probably know that my mother never told anyone anything I told her after the first time I told her not to, so I've never been in your situation.

Now, this looks to me like you have a few options.
>talk all this over with her and explain how you feel, etc.
>cut ties
>just go on doing what you're doing
Obviously talking it over is usually the best option. Just remember not to put up with bullshit but not to get angry either. Parents generally don't know when they've fucked up. If that fails, cut ties. It's not the healthiest thing, but it's better than going through this all the time. Go to university, work on your trust issues. See a therapist if you have too. It gets better, and a good amount of the people you meet will be trustworthy, just don't start with anything that's a big deal.
>>
>>17640754
Thanks for the genuine advice, anon. That's surprising to get here.
It's cool, I had a realisation about myself today and how I can deal with it. The culmination of a lot of things. I'll be okay, I just needed to vent anonymously about that particular problem. I'm not going to cut her out of my life, nor am I going to have to change our relationship in any other drastic way. She's a good person and always has been, we just have different approaches to human relationships, and I now know how to channel what was a problem into what is the most constructive thing I can do.
>>
>>17640800
>that's surprising to get here
Never been to /adv/ before? Anyway, good luck with whatever this plan of yours is, hope it works out for you.
>>
>>17640806
I've been here a lot of times, usually it's full of terrible misogynistic and sexist advice. Thanks. I think I may be okay, so long as I keep the effort up; finally.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.