[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can a person just lose weight by an accident without doing anything?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (177KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
177KB, 576x1024px
Can a person just lose weight by an accident without doing anything?

I was 54 damn kilos this morning and I thought I'd been maintaining 60.
>>
>>17639507

Of course they can. More calories out than goes in and you lose weight. It happens easily of you're busy, stressed or otherwise occupied and don't notice that you're are eating less.
>>
Your body is constantly burning calories 24/7.

How much calories per hour depends on your body (obviously, taller, more muscular person requires more energy, and thus will burn more)

If you've eaten nothing, then yeah, you'll lose weight. You'll weigh lower especially if you have empty bowels.
>>
>>17639512
>>17639519
I'd been on hospital food for a few days (less than a week), does that really affect so much?
>>
>>17639560

Yes. Average person's weight can go up or down by as much as 1-2 kg a day, depending on the time of the day and liquid intake. Hospital food is awful and has barely calories, because it's designed for bedridden people who spend no calories beyond BMR. Calorie rich food would make them inevitably fat. So, you can easily lose several kilos on a week of hospital food. I lost 5kg when spent five days in hospital a few years back. Don't worry though, they come back quick once your back on your regular diet.
>>
>>17639580
I see.

I'm usually pretty active (physical job) and there I did little more than sit around and sometimes go to the bathroom.

What are the odds it was all muscle loss? Will I go back to work next monday and not be able to lift shit?
>>
>>17639595

It's possible some of it was muscle mass, because with rapid weight loss body thinks it's starving and tries to save energy by burning muscle first to reduce the amount energy burning tissue, while it saves fat as emergency reserves. However, if you eat well and get plenty of protein, you'll probably gian it back quick, since you do physical work and since the weight loss wasn't more than a few kilos really. You might feel a bit more tired the first few days back, so eat well and get lots of rest to recover.
>>
>>17639608
Is it possible to gain back the muscle without gaining weight?

Kind of a backwards bulk?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.