[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I move to a large city to become a big music producer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1881.jpg (44KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1881.jpg
44KB, 400x400px
How can I move to a large city to become a big music producer? It's all I fucking want.

>go to clubs
>do drugs everywhere you go
>see other countries
>travel for business
>have money
>work with artists you love
>make good ass music

Damn. Help.
>>
It's not all that complicated, practice producing all day every day for a few years, listen to all kinds of music and especially what is big atm, post it online, go to shows and network with other producers. It sounds like you only want the rewards without putting the work in, which is never gonna happen
>>
>>17639058
Yeah but I need to live in a big city like Atlanta that's how mike will got discovered Gucci mane heard him making a beat
>>
Nigga it's the digital age you slacking
>>
>>17639063
Practice for years and years first, at the same time get a job, save all the money you make, every single penny, then move and find a job in Atlanta, network, practice, etc. You're not gonna do that though and It's not gonna happen though, grow the fuck up
>>
>>17639063
Bro if you can't make music then it doesn't matter if you live in atlanta. Plus there's this shit called the internet? You might have heard of it
>>
>>17639070
I've been playing music since I was 9 years old
>>
>>17639093
Post some of your music
>>
>>17639046

The fact that actually making music was the last thing on your list says to me that you don't want to be a big producer, you just want the benefits of being one.

I'm a touring producer myself and if I've learned anything from my few years in the business is that the guys who love being producers never last and the guys that love making music always do.
>>
>>17639113
I've been playing since I was 9 lol
>>
File: 1471141333489.gif (1MB, 300x165px) Image search: [Google]
1471141333489.gif
1MB, 300x165px
>>17639130

Well thats pretty sad because the only passion you've expressed in this thread is your passion for wanting to be famous and do drugs. Is that why you started playing music when you were 9? To go to clubs and do lines?

Doing something since you were 9 is not an indication of skill. A lot of people play music their whole lives and fucking suck at it. You keep saying "I've been playing since 9" as if that alone is supposed to mean something.

How many hours a day are you in the studio? How far have you driven to play a show you weren't getting paid for? How many times have you sold plasma or hawked a TV or scraped pennies day by day just to buy that new piece of gear you needed? How much of your own money have you sunken into promo, studio time and mastering? How many shitty couches and Wal-Mart parking lots have you slept in on the road? How many times have you watched your friends go out and party without you because you were in the studio at home working hard? How much are you willing to sweat and bleed to become the best at what you do?

THATS the kind of shit people who invest money and time into producers want to know, not what the fuck you were doing when you were 9.
>>
>>17639147
No man I like making music it's just stressful at times and I lost my laptop
>>
Making music should have been at the top of that list. Not gunna make it.
>>
>>17639232
Thinking about fun instead of work is normal
>>
>>17639240
Not if you are actually talking about work.

You can be some nerdy engineer and still take drugs, go to clubs, see the world, travel, and have money. But thats not why people become engineers.
>>
>>17639250
I've already perfected my art I just need fame
>>
>>17639262
LOL
>>
Can anyone tell me how to get better? I keep doing it and wTching videos but there's some stuff I can't find like the fast lex Luger drum fills and rolls and the melodies
>>
>>17639046
First of all, lay off the drugs, cause that's gonna ensure you go absolutely nowhere.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.