[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I make myself smarter, or at least appear so? I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1457838879164.png (205KB, 500x386px) Image search: [Google]
1457838879164.png
205KB, 500x386px
How do I make myself smarter, or at least appear so? I don't think I'm actually stupid, I'm just very self concious about this. I've been told I'm smart, but then people joke around and call me dumb it really hurts for some reason. I know I'm sensitive. How should I make myself feel better besides reading, puzzles, etc?
>>
>>17638549
just say "i dont know" every time you dont know something instead of rambling half-baked thoughts. people will think youre really smart if you do this.
>>
>>17638549
But you know what I like a lot more than materialism? KNAWLIDGE
>>
>>17638549
The fuck are you talking about puzzles for? Do puzzles somehow miraculously raise your IQ?

Your IQ is fixed for the most part. Make the most of what you have and you'll be fine. The more hobbies you have, the more intelligent you will seem.

Study religion, philosophy, history, and science. I recommend documentaries on these. Thousands can be found on science that are amazing, and the same goes for history. Philosophy is a bit more wishy-washy. I reccomend starting with Plato's Five Dialogues and going from there.

The thing is, don't try to seem smart, you'll come off as pretentious. Become smart for your own benefit. Discover the world around you and all of its miracles. Maybe one day you will realize you simply don't fit in anymore because normal people and their fucking kids & movie nights don't interest you and if you're unfortunate enough to land a mediocre job you'll want to off yourself for doing something so dull and boring.

Anyway, good fucking luck to you.
>>
>>17638549

>>17638549

Try reading, it seems to work for lot of people. I, on the other hand, just tend to stay stupid. I can't seem to make myself smart, even if I try to read. Anyway, your post made me realize that I should go do some reading. Also, people call me stupid and dumb and all that other shit. Those fuckers happen to be right. I fucking hate them.

Another thing asshole. 1453 almost resembles the pin number to my bank account. It's also the date of the fall of Eastern Roman Empire, the Byzantines. I used to read about them at the college library before I dropped out. So who is this? Is this you Albert? Professor Chris? Geraldine? Or that morbidly obese Sherri, who's shit smells like cigarettes? Who is this?
>>
>>17638549
Stop trying so hard.

"The wise man knows that he is a fool, only a fool thinks he is wise."
-Shakespeare

Listen to everyone. Always be skeptical and research both sides of every story before deducing a opinion.
Dont state opinions.... state facts. If you're going to be opinionated... at least have the research to back up your claims.

Don't worry about what people think, m8. My grandfather literally worked for NASA and I had my own theory for what was outside our ENTIRE (not just observable) universe when I was in 5th grade. I dont go around parading that to everyone because it makes you look like a tryhard fool whos going, "LOOK AT ME. IM SMART IM SMART."

Be yourself and know that NO ONE knows EVERYTHING.
>>
>>17638549

Dude, do you live on the island of Guam like I do? Maybe we should meet up. I got a great way to help you get smarter. It involves swinging of the arms and legs, lots of ducking and swerving of the body, lots of footwork. It's almost like a street fight. Kind of like sparring. I've never really fought before. Maybe you can help me out. It's not like you are watching me through hidden spy cameras or something.
>>
>>17638622
Here, OP, is an example of what it means to be "pretentious".

>>17638549
Once you build up a decent vocabulary and start to read melodramatic books then you can post about how you're no longer a "normal" person because you prefer to read Stephen King's next new novel. Just remember OP that there is such a thing as being an intelligent retard. It's not just about being book smart, because god ol' fucking mighty have I made contact with some smart, narcissistic, delusional fools.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.