[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need general advice about living and life So my parents are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 4L_0nsZ3rVw.jpg (37KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
4L_0nsZ3rVw.jpg
37KB, 480x360px
I need general advice about living and life
So my parents are kicking me out of the house for reasons I don't wish to share
I just recently graduated high school and I work at a pizza place as a delivery guy
I have to the end of the month to leave
Wtf do I do
I have only 100$ in my bank after I fixed my car
I could probaby make 600$ by the 26th or even more of I plead for more hours
Would could I do with this
How does one move out and survive on their own?
Can I have general advice on living independently?
I'd like to get a single bedroom apartment but I have no clue what rent and expenses would add up to
>>
>>17638253
>I'd like to get a single bedroom apartment but I have no clue what rent and expenses would add up to
That's the stupidest thing you could do. You can't afford to live without roommates
>>
>>17638257
I AM STUPID
That's why I'm asking for advice
What's something Ideal for an 18 year old that makes about 10$ an hour?
Idk how this shit works and I have no one to ask or help me
>>
>>17638265
You have no friends or coworkers you could stay with, even as a paying boarder?
>>
>>17638265
you're gonna need to rent with strangers (or friends, if possible) if you're living on that tight of a budget.

i don't know what websites people advertise this stuff on in america (i always assume stories like this are from america), but google is your friend.

you really just need somewhere to affordably rent. keep working, get money, save up an emergency fund for any fuck ups along the way, don't spend your money on shit you don't need.

i lived in singapore for 3 years studying on a VERY tight budget from my mum. besides rent, i had about $350 Singaporean every month for food, transport, supplies, literally everything besides rent. i never went out, i skipped meals most days and broke even every month.

now i'm in australia living and working on my own (i started out rent free at my aunt's house until i found a job 4 months in), i'm renting an apartment with a friend in the middle of the city. i'm still working on that emergency fund (it currently has only about $600 Australian) because of things that came up that meant i couldn't make as much money and had to spend on things i didn't expect.

i'm not sure what other advice to give to be honest, i've always been responsible and mature when i've had to be.
>>
don't smoke, don't drink, don't do drugs.

as tempting as they are to stop you from being bored, don't. read a book or something instead. go to the library and read books.

and good luck OP, that shit is terrifying especially on a 1 month clock.

also don't stop looking for more/better jobs. at least take a couple hours on the weekend to look at a bunch of jobs and apply for them.
>>
first off what area do you live in.... this helps things a lot, as well as, what is in your plans other than work... school? cause if that's the case you can get a second job as pizza delivery is generally a night time thing.
>>
if you have friends, couch surf for a month, until you can save up cash to move out. or ask a friend to live in for a limited time. don't over stay their good nature
>>
>>17638265
if you're completely fucked look at craiglist for your area you'll get a good idea of what rent costs. look into roommates as well. ideally if you cant find a place, couch, try a youth hostel if you have them. absolute worst case scenario sleep in your car and get a gym or community center pass so you can have a place to shower
>>
also if you're scrimping for money, buy ramen noodles and kraft dinner. they're cheap as fuck. loaves of bread. all carbs not healthy but in a pinch they keep you from dying.

but seriously pick up another job if you're only making $600-800 a month as a delivery driver you're doing something wrong. I make 250 a week with wage and I only do it for like 10 hours.
>>
You probably want to share what you did so you don't do the stupid shit you did or close/similar to it ever again.

Anyways, first thing you do is you ask your boss can you have more hours because you're a stupid kid who's about to get kicked out of his house because he can't do something as simple as listen to his parents.

Then you ask a friend to move in with him for a while. If they say yes, you help out with EVERYTHING. Vacuum the house, do the dishes, walk the dog, assist in cooking dinner, ext. Possibly pick up another job.

Then you simply save up enough money to get the cheapest apartment in the area. Then you by locks and a weapon to defend yourself with.
>>
>>17638377
I think i saw on a "lifehack" thread a long time ago that ramen noodles are actually pretty expensive compared to buying big bags of rice.

Just something that might be smart to look into, i generally buy pretty cheap rice. But im not from the Us so i cant really compare the costs.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.