[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People who have a significant other: How do you know that your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

People who have a significant other:

How do you know that your partner is really into you? Or crazy about you? What are some of the things that they do that allow you to see just how important you are to them? Little or big.

Alternately, people who have broken up with a partner who didn't care about them that much, how did they show it? How did you know? Even looking back, what were the signs that you just weren't a priority?
>>
bump. pls respond
>>
>>17638239
the key word for females expressing to males is affection.
If a female is in to you she is constantly wanting to touch you, sit next to you, hold your hand, snuggle, sit on the same side as you even if you get a booth at a restaurant.
>>
>>17638426
male to female the key thing is usually sex. If he is chomping at the bit to have sex with you all the time he is probably really happy and not getting it or looking for it anywhere else
>>
>>17638239
alternately guys and girls just town down the behaivors listed above (granted that will turn down as the relationship gets going just naturally) but if it stops and they become distant that is your sign
females tend to act more passive aggressively sometimes, but this is usually a good thing, it means they still want you to notice and they still want you around. guys don't do this behaivor though
>>
Talking to each other even when we don't have to. Volunteering to do things to help out, just to help out. Physical contact and intimacy. Words of affection. Communication over argument. Trusting each other. Being empathetic. A strong sex life that leaves both satisfied. Mutual cooperation. Leaning on each other and supporting each other. Being a team against the world instead of letting the world turn us against each other.
>>
>>17638455
what would the appropriate response be if a girl gets passive aggressive and wants you to notice and you still want her around? Is there a male version of this?
>>
>>17638513
about the only thing you can do is cave and give her what she want's. that is if YOU want her to stick around. if you don't she will start taking more drastic measures like fucking your friends or going out without telling you where. (usually not in that order)
The only thing close to a male eq.. is isolation, men need dude time and they want to just be left alone sometimes, so its not really the equivilant. the problem is the women interprets that the way SHE would want YOU to and clings on harder and it becomes a big thing
>>
this is so relevant to my relationship. i need time to myself. when i see her every day it is becomes stressful.
>>
>>17638579
this is a common problem. is she really clingy and constantly text or calling?
>>
>>17638579
would you say this is because you're not that fond of her? or that she's nothing amazing but good enough for the time being? Or is that just the kind of person you are?
>>
Would still like a variety of answers. This is more of a personal survey of /adv/
>>
>>17638879
pretty late for adv/ most people are on pol/ or tv/ even for them its too late. why are you studying it?
>>
>>17638513
>Is there a male version of this?
Avoiding gf/wife, hanging out with dude friends all the time instead.

Captcha: Butthole Lane
>>
>>17638239
Have been with my boyfriend for 10 years so maybe my replies will be biased.

He kisses me for hours when he wakes up in the middle of the night. He makes me coffee if he leaves for work before I wake up. He holds my hand if I am having nightmares. He smiles genuinely when be looks at me and whispers "you're so cute". He buys me flowers a lot.
He did everything for me - moved across country, took care of me when I was sick.
>>
>>17639010
there are two possible outcomes of this scenario. most likely you get so horribly turned off by this that you break up with him in a few months.
or you cherish this man for the rest of your lives and know you are in love.

Odds are 90/10 against him honestly. but I hope he enjoys your 5 year marriage. go easy on him in the divorce. he seems like one of the good guys
>>
>>17639038
I don't really get your point. I already said we have been together for 10 years.
I do cute stuff for him all the time, too.
>>
>>17639054
well then congrats on being option number 2! that is amazingly rare and you should feel lucky.
don't really get why you are confused... unless you are insecure which might mean there are some relationship issues..? hmmm
>>
>>17639054
Don't mind him, people here don't like to see others happy, especially women. Misery loves company and all that jazz. I'd talk about my own boyfriend and relationship, but I'd get similar responses about how I'd cuck him given the chance because all women are whores.
>>
>>17639065
I am confused because I don't get what you want. You replied to my first post without even reading it, decided I was going to leave my boyfriend and then keep supposing I have relationship issues that I don't have.

>>17639067
Yeah, that probably is the case.
>>
>>17639078
I want nothing. In fact I congratulated you and admitted I am envious. Just seemed like you came here to brag. which women get off on and only do to try and to seem superior to other women. So yeah I was being mean
my opinion: you've got enough so quit bragging and stop trying to passively insult women who don't have it as good as you
>>
>>17639091
Not her but
>complaining about someone talking about how they know their SO loves them
>in a thread where OP asks people how they know their SO loves them
Are you some kind of fabulous retard?
>>
>>17639091
OP here. I'm basically asking people to brag. That's the purpose of this thread. I appreciate her input.
>>
>>17639091
To be fair the OP is asking their experiences though..
>>
>>17638239
We trust each other. We're honest about everything. We share everything. We have our very own peculiar sex life. But more importantly to me, we're selfless. By that I mean that we love each other for who we are and don't try to change each other for our own self-interest.
>>
>>17639091
Are you genuinely retarded?
OP asked
>How do you know that your partner is really into you? Or crazy about you?
And I replied with what my partner does.
Who cares about superiority when people cannot even know who I am.
>>
>>17639078
>>17639095
>>17639097
>>17639098
I didn't get the "I wan't girls to brag" vibe from your post. more like you wanted advice. god knows how I got that idea considering this is adv/
sorry
>>
>>17639114
OP didn't ask for girls to brag, you fuckwit, OP asked for everyone to. Did you just decide you were going to attack that poster because she's female or something? Because you seem to have serious issues with women.
>>
>>17638239

He goes out on his way to make me happy, even if it's a bit inconvenient for him. He remembers things I've mentioned casually or in the passing and then keeps surprising me with little things he knows about me. He knows how I take my coffee and what food I'd probably order. He's not big on PDA, but let's me get away with it anyway, because I'm tactile. He accommodates my weird habits and says they're cute rather than weird. He's an awful cook and still cooks for me when I stay over. He tolerates things, movies or music I like, even though he obviously thinks they're not that great. Sometimes he just looks at me and smiles like I'm the best thing ever.
Little things, you know. We've never said we love each other, but it's kinda obvious. I don't know what I did to deserve him.
>>
>>17639116
umm.. no I actually thought I was defending the OP... the comments were in no way related to her questions. just seemed like "na na na boo boo I am better than you" type comments.
>>
Google 5 love languages.
Everyone has a different preference of expressing/receiving love.
I need nice words (compliments, telling me how much he cares, etc), then quality time, then touching.
Don't listen to people who say "duh girlz will touch ur peepee if they luv u", because that's not very true. Most girls don't have touching as their primary mode of love.
>>
>>17638239
>Alternately, people who have broken up with a partner who didn't care about them that much, how did they show it? How did you know? Even looking back, what were the signs that you just weren't a priority?

My ex always made excuses up and down. She's a lazy person and always made excuses to stay at home and waste time, but over time it became apparent to me that she's just making excuses not to see me all that much,add excuses not to hold hands, not to hug, not to kiss. Over time I just noticed these things and it eventually led to our breakup (though it was not the main reason)
>>
>>17639038
>there are two possible outcomes of this scenario. most likely you get so horribly turned off by this that you break up with him in a few months.
or you cherish this man for the rest of your lives and know you are in love.
Holy fuck, this.
The word respect means nothing to a woman. They simply are not-guys so don't expect women to act anywhere near what you personally would do.
I have noticed throughout my experience with women that when it comes to relationships, they either hate you or love you. And it's cray since you could literally pour acid on her face. If she loves you, she won't leave.

I learned this the hard way (my ex was still in love with her abusive druggie ex)
>>
OPs questions will only get you a wide array of opinions/experiences and not really advice
>>
Being happy to sit in silence with each otber because you're there with that person and that's all you need
>>
>>17638239
>Alternately, people who have broken up with a partner who didn't care about them that much, how did they show it? How did you know? Even looking back, what were the signs that you just weren't a priority?

when i look back, she was often pretty cold towards me and she would make up excuses to not do things with me. for the first months or so she was pretty great with me but her bevaviour towards me changed as time went on. near the end of the relationship she was really apathetic towards me and i brought it up to her but she completely ignored me, at this point i knew for certain that she didnt care. dont know what i done wrong. i never changed the way i acted towards her. maybe she lost interest.
>>
>>17639402
You're fucking things up big time.
Love and relationship aren't synonyms.
Loving someone is a feeling - you cannot always seek for a rational reason behind a feeling.
Love itself is selfless and unconditional. Loving someone isn't about what they deserve, what they can do for you, what you can gain from it and is not a choice. Love is just there.
Relationship are a completely different business. They are a choice. I have rational reasons why I want to be in a relationship with someone or I do not. I put conscious, rational effort into tho a relationship.
You can have a relationship without loving someone. You can love someone without being in a relationship with them. Ideally you want both.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.